August 31, 2014 | 1314 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Natural Finish- Long Lasting Foundation SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by MystiQu3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I live in the tropics where it is hot and humid. This foundation is PERFECT for my skin, as it lasts long, looks natural and the color match is just perfect. For reference, I have medium skin tone with yellow undertone characteristic of Southeast Asians, and I wear 4.5 Warm Natural.

This foundation really does looks like skin, provided if you get the right colour for your skin tone.I can't tell you how long I've been searching for the perfect foundation, after countless trial and error with both drugstore and department store brand..

I would describe its coverage as light to medium. It is buildable, and easily blendable; with every layer you add, you still can look natural, and not mask-like.
    The finish is natural, maybe soft-matte but definitely not dewy, therefore, in hot and humid environment, this foundation is really suitable because it does not make my face oily (unlike to Mac Luminizing Satin Finish!)

I am on my 3rd tube now! However, I think this foundation has been discontinued :(. Maybe it is reincarnated as Long Wear Even Finish foundation now.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 6:37:00 AM More reviews by AmyJenn333

I really love this foundation. It has a great pump to dispense the product. I love how it looks on the skin!! This is how I get the best results from it: First I apply moisturizer, then I apply primer, and then I apply this foundation. At the Bobbi Brown counter, I was advised to apply this with my fingers rather than a brush. I have tried both my fingers and a stippling brush and both work fine, depending on your preference. Oh, one more thing....VERY IMPORTANT: I DO NOT use a heavy powder over it EXCEPT i dust a little mineral veil over it. The combination of this foundation with a little mineral veil is WONDERFUL. I have read some of the previous comments from those who thought it looked too oily. I did not have that problem at all. After I apply the BB foundation, I brush on a dash of bronzer and blush....Then dust with some mineral veil and VOILA!! GREAT RESULTS. On another note, about this product's LONG LASTING PROMISE: For me, the product did last all day, thank God! I am very happy with the staying power, and it does not look cakey at all, it does look natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Hippylady

As a woman with darker skin the whole foundation thing is often a nightmare. I have a draw full of very expensive mistakes mainly due to sales people on the counter who are not that confident about matching skin tone to one that is different from their own. I have always found that the ladies/men on the Bobbi Brown counter know their stuff. I have combination skin which is sometimes on the shiny side! This foundation is a perfect shade for me and does exactly what it says it will do. I must say that I do use primer on my Tzone and I apply this with a stippling brush and this makes the most out of this foundation. When I have applied this without primer or with fingers the finished is really not as good, so my advice is use professional products to get a good finish. This is expensive but for a long lasting perfect match I am happy to pay this as it suits me perfectly. I have no major concerns with my skin scarring/acne so the finish is suitable for me but it may not give you heavy coverage if you need it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by xSharpie

I went to buy a new foundation in the winter when my mineral foundation from BE was drying my skin up. I was introduced to this liquid foundation that was supposed to "last long, have great coverage while keeping skin hydrated without greasing your face". (at least that was what the sales person told me).

I wore the foundation out, and two hours later, my t-zone was super oily! I tried the product for about two weeks. Needless to say, I was sooo disappointed by this product, because my face ended up greasy after each use. This "long-lasting foundation" is not long-lasting at all! For the expensive price..don't waste your money, especially if you are suffering from acne/combo skin with a tzone that needs alot of care. This is the most expensive foundation I've ever bought and I'm sad that I couldn't return it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by cheapcasualchic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in Sand 2. Though I tend to lean on the yellowish tone, I do not used golden-base foundations because it would look orange on me since I am very acidic! (NC20 works for me though). Anyway, I really like this foundation. It's photogenic, but looks a little pinkish on my skintone but I can make it work by finishing it off with a fluffy brush with MAC Studio Fix powder (NC20). The only thing I don't like on this foundation is it cakes all the time! I tried applying it with a foundation brush, sponge and even my fingers to no avail! Caked even more when I applied the powder with a sponge! I do not know if it's the MAC SF that's causing the cake or this foundation itself. Or maybe they are just not meant to be combined. I'm just sad because this two makes a good blend on my bipolar skintone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by vassy0909

Great natural finish and light to medium coverage. It doesn't accentuate flaky areas and it;s really long lasting. I'm nc nw 25-30 in the summer and Warm sand 2.5 wasn't too light for me.I 'm able to see some red spots see through on my face but it gives natural look, i apply it with shiseido perfect foundation brush-flat syntetic kabuki brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by thuraiia

This foundation doesn't stay on as long for a "long lasting foundation". The coverage is more on the light side than medium. It's great for oily skin and it has SPF and it doesn't turn out white on camera like the MAC studio fix fluid. The color ranges worked out for me, because I have medium colored skin with yellow undertones, but I don't assume they work for people with red undertones. It's an OK foundation, my skin-typed changed so it doesn't really work for me anymore. I like the fact that it came with a pump though.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by baronesserl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a disappointment!!! The worst foundation I've ever tried: little coverage, feels oily on the skin, awful colour...when I looked in the mirror I saw a coarse version of myself. The corrector is just as terrible...Bobbi Brown...never ever again!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is so mediocre for the pricetag! It's just a normal foundation, nothing special. The coverage is ok, it gets cakey and oily by the end of the day and doesn't actually DO anything to minimise pores or keep oil at bay.

I told the sales assistant that I have very oily skin and I don't know why she recommended this to me. Thinking that she'd obviously be more knowledgeable about the products, I should've done my research before buying this product. Won't be buying again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I liked the packaging...the pump was nice. Other than that, this was awful!!! It did nothing for oil control. It did match my skin nicely (bought the alabaster 00). However...it settled into every fine line and wrinkle. The funny part...I have no fine lines and wrinkles!!! This product managed to find some though. Did I also mention the awful breakout it caused? Ugh!!! Huge cystic acne on my chin...which was extremely painful. I ended up returning it because it was so expensive. There was no way I was wasting $46 on this! I also brought back all her other products I bought, actually, talked into purchasing as well...her blush, lipgloss, concealor, powder and eyeshadow...all were just as awful.