August 29, 2014 | 1851 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by yeseniareyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first base I've ever tried and I'm absolutely loving it! I don't even use foundation this covered all my imperfections, but I do have normal skin but I do break out from time to time, perfect for the summer when you don't want to use foundation!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by akPhilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really gave this a good try, used it for awhile, as I kept hearing all these rave reviews on it. I really did not like it at all. It definitely didn't make my makeup last longer, & actually I thought it made it almost slide off, if that makes any sense. Like it just seemed to leave a slick on my face, & I have dry skin, so it's not like my skin is oily. And it definitely isn't cheap, it's like $13 at the drugstore. I've tried primers that cost half that that performed way better. I wasn't crazy about the packaging either-I prefer either a pump or a tube that you squeeze, just seems like it's less convenient & less hygenic when it's in a jar. Definitely not for me

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2014 5:42:00 AM More reviews by megangalyana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I HATED THIS PRODUCT... it is not acne friendly whatsoever... after using this product for only one day i started to break out into pimples and what looked liked cysts ( i never get cysts) worst product ever, its oily and feels mucky on my face

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by STACEYFFF

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like they way this fees and it's ability to make my make-up application smoother and easier, but it doesn't control oil, as much as I can tell, and doesn't add to my make up's longevity.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by ca_sent_beau

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This little pot really works like magic for me. I do not use it as a primer under foundation though, so do not rely on my review if you are looking for a primer.
Once I am done putting on my endless layers of skincare and a quarter teaspoon of sunscreen, all these steps taken in the name of beautiful skin leave me with quite the opposite: shiny skin emphasizing every single pore. Not a good sight. Then I take my little pot of magic, take a tiny bit and tap it gently on my forehead, nose, center of face. And it works like photoshop: all the pores and shine are gone, skin smooth but not matte, dry and lifeless. It's almost unreal. Not even the best loose powders worked for me this well.
The jar is very small, but all I need is a tiny amount - I don't scoop out any product I just touch it. I have the same jar for a year now, still not finished and did not dry out.
Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Lizzifer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOOOOVE this primer! I've been using it for quite awhile now and have gone through a few pots and just adore it. While it doesn't conceal pores as well as, say, Porefessional does, it does an amazingly good job at mattifying my skin which I love since I've battled with combination skin for years. I just adore this product. What's better is that a little goes a long way (until you've had it for awhile and it starts to dry out).
I'll keep buying it for a long time to come, I'm sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Danaelycia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So I'm new to primers as all I use are BB creams. I decided to try this after reading a fitness article that claimed it was fantastic to keep your face in check if you decided to sweat. Because I often go straight to the gym after work, I HATE that my face goes super red and everything starts sliding off during my workout.

So the package is quite small for the price but I noticed that a little bit goes a long way. It absorbs quite nicely and doesn't leave my face sticky. It definitely repels water as I've noticed when I washed my hands but a bit of soap and it comes off quickly and easily with no residue (I tested on my hands).

I did not find that it stopped me from getting oily or sweaty and my makeup came off just the same after working out so it's not as strong as the article claimed to be.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 11:15:00 AM More reviews by OCgirl006

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, Love this primer, I have oily skin, big pores and this covers everything like a dream,
im not a grease pit in a few hours....makes my skin look flawless, makeup stay's on all day
the only think i dont like is that its in a jar, I have tried ALL the high end primers and nothing at all compares to this one, I dont with all the highend ones that cost a fortune.....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2014 3:17:00 AM More reviews by troo12

I loved this when I first began to use it. It softened my large pores so well that I thought it was truly "magic". Then I realized my liquid foundation was balling up. So I tried a new foundation (because it certainly couldn't be caused by my new found best friend!). No success. So I changed my moisturizer. Which was a blessing in disguise because I liked the new one more. But it didn't solve the problem. Weeks later I finally relented and used my old hg primer. I wanted it to ball up like before but alas, my face was smooth.
End of story: it's amazing but not amazing at the same time. I wish I could use it without foundation but it makes my skin look chalky and ghost-like.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Dgast4484

**5/14/2014 EDIT!!!

after messing with this primer trying to find better use for it, it works as a great under eye base/primer. I use a concealer stick for under my eyes and its usually pretty rough to blend, but it blended PERFECTLY when i used this under it(blended with Beauty Blender). It was "magic"! however i will still not repurchase just to use for this. Just happy i found it useable. changed from 2 lippies to 3 (*_*)

I wanted to love this primer because i am a huge L'Oreal fan. But like others said, its super gummy and i did NOT like how my BB cream sat on my face over the primer. I also HATE the little jar. I tried this for 2 weeks, but just cant love it. I'll use it for eye primer when needed (although, its still not the best for this either)