L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

3.4

cyclohexasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, silica, acrylates copolymer, disodium stearoyl glutamate, aluminum hydroxide { /- may contain CI 77891/ titanium dioxide/ CI 77491/ iron oxides} FIL D30587/2

Packaging is not environmentally friendly and extra package increase real jar size, actually size of the jar smaller than most of the brands (most 30 ml) but L Oreal primer only 15 ml. It makes product more expensive then other drugstore primers.

You will need very small amount to cover face. This product design for oily and combinational skin. I use it mostly for T zone on my face. It easy to apply and get good and thin coverage. Primer removes shine from oily face, fill the pores and prepare for application of foundation.

I will defiantly recommend this face primer

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is the primer I've stuck with the longest for my large-pored face (thanks Mom). It does a solid job of blurring inperfections, and it fills in my pores so they're less noticeable and so foundation/powder doesn't settle into them. It also locks down my sunscreen, which is oily because I have allergies and can only use the one brand.

I don't know why people would describe it as hard to apply/blend. Maybe some jars are kind of dried out? I scoop a pea-sized dab out and rub my fingertips together briefly to warm it up a little / make it creamier. Then I apply by dabbing all over my face with some sweeping motions to blend.

I use a water-based foundation (Graftobian Glamaire applied with fingertips and a BB sponge) over this primer.

I don't like this primer for undereye concealer; I use a separate eye primer for that, because this one tends to crease very quickly and look very dry.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is a thick light pink colored primer with a paste like texture. It comes in a cute little glass jar. It lasts for awhile since you only need a little bit. It smooths skin really nicely and leaves a natural almost matte finish. I recommend applying it only where you need it. It's definitely a perfecting base. It smooths better than any primer I've ever tried. It helps prolong makeup wear for sure and I barely notice a difference by the end of the day. My make up will still look good! It's an amazing buy.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Makes my skin pretty smooth but I'm not sure if it makes my makeup stay any longer. Kind of makes it patchy in my opinion.

I am inlove with this stuff!!! I have scarring & large pores & this just smooths on & makes everything look amazing!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This primer is a great dupe for higher end primers, specifically Tarte's Timeless Smoothing Primer ($39) and Mally Beauty's Perfect Prep Poreless Primer ($35). I fills in pores, gives an airbrushed finish, keeps oil at by and is non-irritating to my skin. My makeup even stays on longer. The littlest among is all you need for effective results.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I am in love with primer! I have a draw full of Primers ranging from the ridiculously expensive Hourglass Mineral Veil to Maybelline Baby Skin. This is truly the only primer that I have used that's made a difference, it blurs pores and fine lines,cuts shine, I have some acne scarring too and this smoothes out the texture of my skin beautifully! It ensures my foundation lasts all day and so far this little jar has not let me down, let's not beat around the bush, yes it's a silicone based formula but the ingredients are not shockingly bad and providing you take care of your skin with a good cleansing routine then I don't see why it would be a problem. The jar packaging seems to be ruffling a few feathers on here but to be honest it doesn't bother me,I'm applying it to clean skin with hands that I have sanitized -hardly bacteria central! Price is pricey for a drugstore brand but I would not hesitate to buy again, it beats Clarins Instant Smooth any day!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

First primer I ever tried. And it scared me off of primer for years!!!

It feels like wallpaper paste on the skin. It highlights dry skin, and it does not blend easily.
The glass jar makes it easy to use too much product.

It also made me break out, which was unusual. The skin can't breathe with this on.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When I first started wearing makeup and was convinced I had ginormous pores I searched endlessly for a primer that would make them disappear, this DOES. It makes your skin feel super smooth too. Normally I hate putting primer on my nose, but this just glides on. With the Porefessional by Benefit and the Too Faced Primer, it feels gunky. I really like this. Use only a little bit though. Best drugstore primer I've tried so far!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Didn't like this.. It's so thick, kinda hard to apply and didn't like how it felt on the skin. The packaging is unhygienic. I think this product ain't worth the money.

Popular Primer/ Correctors