January 27, 2015 | 1781 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2015 10:53:00 PM More reviews by choux

It's a bit pricy, but it feels so nice on my oily skin. I like to use it under my eyes and on my nose. It doesn't last very long though.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2015 9:28:00 AM More reviews by eggbuttz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I usually try to use this product over my uneven skin, considering I do get acne quite often. It doesn't really help to cover anything and it also doesn't smooth out rough spots.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2015 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Lovedby2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Once you learn to let this glide on top of your shin and not thickly put it on, it is fantastic! i have tried other primers prior to this and they don't hold a candle. Non greasy, smooth and silky, it gives an added beauty to your foundation. I am 59 with a lot of discoloration to my skin. This does not conceal but evens out your skin tone. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2015 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Christina09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I gave this 3 lippies because I'm undecided on this product.

Pros:
~ texture (similar to smashbox)
~ price
~ covers pores relatively well

Cons:
~ hard to get out of pot
~ need to use a lot of product to spread properly

I don't think I'll buy this again just because I have used better and prefer Smashbox or even ELF over this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2014 12:00:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

For the price, this is a decent product. It's very silicone-y, but that doesn't bother me. It can make me break out in summer but works well for me in the cooler months. I don't use this all over my face, just mainly in the T zone and over problem areas. Makes makeup apply smoother, fills in pores, helps perfect my look. I really dislike the packaging - it's cute but I would prefer a tube. This stuff always gets stuck under my nails, how unsanitary is that? I'd buy again, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by BubbleBathXo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I do not have any issues with my makeup wearing off daily, I bought this just for an extra smooth look. It definitely helps me achieve that. The finish it gives is matte but with a little sheen. It makes your skin look and feel extra soft/smooth. My makeup applies really nicely on top of it. It's a pink colored thick primer in a cute glass jar. You only need a tiny amount so it will last for awhile. I think it's a beautiful product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Nancyt23

Honestly, I am willing to spend any amount for skin care and makeup. I have been using this primer for a few years. I have never found a better product for filling in pores. This is not a full-face primer. No, it is for using selectively for pores on side of nose, chin, wrinkles between brows. If you need a product to cover the whole face, I would recommend a thinner primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by egandara3

Maybe I applied this product wrong but I tried everything with this product. I put on a small amount and rubbed it between my fingers. However my face looked white and my make up looked terrible. Will not buy this product ever again. Also I think it is too expensive for what it does.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Marieeve94

This is pretty good for a pharmacy product in canada it's 15$ (régular price). so it's very unexpensive if we compare to a MAC, benefit... It's very smooth and really reduce the apparence of my pore, so i give a 5. My bémole is that the package is a little jar the primer stick under my nail

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by vanillatobacco

To start with, I should explain how to use this. You only need a very small amount. And you need to rub it in your fingers to warm it. I can't use this in the summer because it just melts right off of my face, but in cold weather, once it's applied it will stay on. It's very heat sensitive. And don't use too much! Or it will cause acne and be slimy and gross, but you'd have to use like a moisturizer amount for it to do that. I've made that mistake don't do it.

Do I have any problems with it? No, I really don't at all. If I had any, it's that it could do more. But for L'Oreal, I find it works great. It's expensive, but still less expensive than other products.

It's moderately illuminating, but not shiny. It will leave your skin matte but not dull. Makeup goes on smoother, stays on longer. It will stop makeup from sinking in to pores and exaggerating textural disturbances. It does exactly what I need a primer to do. I've always found makeup to, quite literally, stain my skin and this forms a nice barrier and prevents it from doing that. You can use this alone if you want, as it will improve the look of your skin. It makes it look smoother and a bit brighter. Overall it's really good. I can't say much more than that. No funny smell. Oh and it's glass so I just recycle the jar :)

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No