October 22, 2014 | 1825 users online

Eye Shadow - Everyday Minerals - Sea Horse

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by gardengypsy

This shadow is a nice neutral that is perfect for blending. As others have said it's a matte bone color, advertised as a "pearl" shadow but I believe it to be more matte. My only beef is with the travel size applicators, they do not apply an even amount and I choose to use my brush instead. I just shake/tap a little into the cap.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2010 11:41:00 AM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is an average-looking, very subtly shimmered, and appearing mostly flat/ matte, cream/bone highlighter shadow. It is too light for my skin tone to use on the lid, so I'm reserving it for highlighting use only. The almost flat/matte characteristics make it seem less softening to me then a more pearly or shimmery highlighter. It's okay but kind of boring to me. For those reasons, plus I own so many more interesting shades of highlighter, I won't repurchase, but it's an okay product.
Pictured in swatches:

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 11:26:00 AM More reviews by bubbleheart

I cant say this is the most unique or exceptional shades ever - I mean, a pale cream highlighter is not a real struggle to find dozens of varieties of - but I do find myself reaching for this one quite a bit. Its a very neutral cream - not too pink or too grey/taupe but a real cream shade that easily goes with any other color I want to wear but without being as stark as white. It also has a very fine pearliness to it, but I would say it is a lot more matte than most of the other 'pearl' shades Everyday Minerals has. I also love the name Sea Horse, so all in all, one of the more appealing highlighter colors in my Everyday Minerals collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

This eyeshadow has a pearlescent, cream coloring to it. EDM offers many light shades of eyeshadows that do appear to be almost dupes of another. So this why I don't see this shade being one that really stands out as a must-have from the line. However, I am sure that others will be intrigued by it and purchase it nonetheless.

This product is good to use as a highlighting shade under the eyebrow or as an eye brightening shade of color placed all over the lid of the eye.

Even though it it not a eyeshadow that provides a lot of noticeable color to the lids, I still think that its an okay shade to pick up. As, I think that this is a shade that can be worn on just about all skintones. And, this is the biggest reason why I decided to purchase this color eyeshadow in the first place.