September 2, 2014 | 1638 users online

Body Scrubs - Sanctuary Spa Covent Garden - Body Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 8:51:00 AM More reviews by babycat1973

I like this scrub for every day use, but use a harsher scrub (Champneys citrus blush) at least twice a week. It leaves my skin nice and smooth without any hassle and is quite gentle, which I like.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 8:44:00 AM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I think this smells divine! Reminds me of holidays for some reason. No, not the sun lotion, coconutty smell! It's actually patchouli and orange oil. I like this scrub as it doesn't dry my skin out and doesn't feel too harsh going on. It leaves my skin very soft with a scent that lingers. I'd buy this again if I had the cash. At the moment it's just a little on the expensive side at around 5.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2010 10:33:00 AM More reviews by lauren5millar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a very delicate scrub so i dont find it particularly effective, however it says it is for daily use so i think over time it should make your skin nice and soft. i like the product, really like the smell. i never buy the big version i just buy the little travel size version of it for when i feel like using it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 11:19:00 AM More reviews by proximitythe53rd

I was given the travel size of this scrub as a stocking stuffer by my sister in law. I'm an American living in the UK, and I'd never tried this line of products before, though I gather they can be found at Target in the US.

The ingredients include natural pumice grains (the 'scrub' bit), as well as orange essential oil and patchouli for the fragrance. I just love the smell. It's very unisex, the smell of patchouli (but not the head-shop sort) and orange. You smell it a lot in the shower, but once your shower is over, it doesn't linger on and on, so it won't interfere with whatever fragrance you choose to wear.
As a fragrance addict, I'm always looking for good-smelling bath and shower treats. It seems like about 90% of the market is saturated with fruity, floral or gourmand body washes and scrubs - and I've got nothing against them (I've even got a few favorites among them) - but it's great to find some variety. I also love that this is a scrub that my husband and I can happily share.

The scrub is non-foaming, and I don't find it drying, though as someone with dry skin, I will always need to moisturize after any shower or bath. The pumice grains have good scrubbing power, without being too large, sharp or rough. The amount of exfoliation you'll get is really down to how much product you use and how long and hard you scrub.

The price of this scrub is pretty good, at 5 for 200ml in the normal size, but the travel size is proportionately more expensive at 2.30 for 50ml.
Once we've thinned out some of our approximately 50 to a million bottles of assorted shower-stuff, I definitely plan to re-buy this scrub.