October 24, 2014 | 910 users online

Eye Shadow - Hard Candy - Kaleyedescope in High Maintenance

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by SoonMi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this product after hearing so many great reviews from beauty bloggers that I followed at the time. It's a nice shimmery duo, that lasts awhile! (I'd recommend ELF's $1 Eye primer to go under it though to last longer) I used to put the darker brown shade across my lids on special occasions, just using my finger. A great no-brainer eyeshadow. My skin is too dark for the champagne-colored shadow, but I'm sure it'd look nice on lighter skintones. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase this is because I don't feel the need to wear shimmery colors on my lids these days, and stick to matte eyeshadows to use as liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by ashley54501

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my go-to shadow! The darker color just looks amazing with my hazel eyes and pale skin. I have yet to find another eye shadow that looks as good as this one does. It is quite pigmented, and lasts all day. It doesn't dry out or crease. The lighter color is nice too, but I don't use it as much. It's very shimmery and works well for highlighting the brow and inner corner.

But beware! These will break if you drop them! I have accidently broken multiple hard candy eye shadows and blushes as well. It's a nightmare to clean up!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2013 10:08:00 AM More reviews by ichigocutie

I went to Walmart just to browse on the Hard Candy makeup selection and of course being a "nude/neutral" color fanatic I just had to have this eyeshadow duo. The eyeshadow can be use dry or wet but I'm not into bold eyes for everyday look so I always wear it dry on top of my $1 elf eyelid primer and the shadows last a whole day on me (8 hrs). This is one of my go to eyeshadow duo, I just apply the champagne shade on my tear duct and "agyo sal" and the darker shade all over my eyelid and blended up to the crease. Love this duo!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by anabanj

I saw this at Walmart, swatched it on my hand and fell in love with the colours. It was about $6 and I had to buy it. I had no idea that it would become my new favourite daily eyeshadow! With this I can do my eyeshadow in 30 seconds and be out the door - I put the white colour on my entire lid and tear duct, and the brownish colour on the outer V. It's so simple but it looks so good, and although I usually use brushes, I use my fingers to put this on. It looks amazing with my blue eyes and blonde hair. Also, the staying power is great, it doesn't crease at all. For example, today I put some on for church at 9am (without primer) and then went to the gym at 5pm. After a sweaty workout I look into the mirror, and I was amazed that this was still on from the morning and didn't crease, it still looked beautiful (even the white shade that I put on my tearduct was still there).

I also bought this in "rush hour", also very beautiful but "high maintenance" is my favourite!
The only con would be that these break/smash very easily.... when I was buying them there were more broken ones on the shelf than there were good ones... So I take extra care with mine. I would not recommend bringing it in your makeup bag. But you wouldn't even need to since it stays on all day :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by WhittneyNichelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been looking and looking on this site, but this is the only eye shadow for Hard Candy that looks like the one I've been buying for 2 years now. But, what I'm confused about it though is when I buy it, it's called "Peace".. Is this the same one??

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by EmmaLouise18

I bought this product a few days ago and have used it every day since. The light color is a frosty champagne that looks just beautiful on the lids. The dark color is another frosty bronze-ish brown. Both compliment each other very well. They do have quite a bit of fallout though :/ I prefer the light color over the brown one.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Holymoses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite eyeshadow right now! I use it every day. The highlighter color is wonderful for under the brow and inner corners and the dark brown shimmer is gorgeous on my dark brown/black eyes. I use the darker color on the outer halves of my eyes which really makes them widen out and pop. I have very oily skin and eyelids and this shadow stays put for hours without a base. I love this shadow!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by WretchedRevenge

This is one of my favorite everyday eyeshadows! I'm blonde with blue eyes and these colors bring out my eyes and compliment my skin. as long as you primer your eyelids with eye primer or concealer the color will show as seen in the container. I love the subtle shiney glittery look the eye shadow brings. My only complaint would be that the lids break off the case easily and also that the eyeshadow crumbles. It's a little messy (in the container not on your eyes) but the color stays all day. It has lasted me a long time but it could have lasted longer if the eyeshadows didnt break apart and crumble so easily. If you know how to press your own make up this is an easy fix though!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by birdybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

To me, this is really nothing special. I had a lot of fading and creasing within just a couple of hours of application. I used a paint pot underneath as a primer. The colors are pretty and they blend out smoothly but it just isn't long lasting enough for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by eteix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hope I'm reviewing the right color because when I purchased this, the name was "Taupe/Brown." The colors match up, so I'm pretty sure I have the same thing.

This is a really pretty eyeshadow duo. It's absolutely perfect for a day-to-day shimmery natural look. It also has a really silky texture that I like with little to no fallout. It comes in a very cute package, and the dome shape of the shadows makes it really easy to dab with my brush. Also, this duo was $6, which is fairly reasonable. I haven't used the lighter shade as a highlighter yet, but I will definitely be trying that out.