July 30, 2014 | 1721 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational in Cinnamon Stick

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by monicapanik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is suprisingly perfect. The color is hard to describe. I am a PPP with auburn hair and this color is extremely flattering. I wear a lot of true retro reds so I would not consider this color red, but it is a deep brownish red shade that may appear a classic red on some skin tones.
This lipstick wears very well it fades perfectly even so it always looks like you have lipstick on until it completely disappears. I haven't had the same wear from other colors in the colorsensational line. It must be this particular formula. I've already purchased 3 tubes. It's my perfect daytime work lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

This is my perfect red :D
Price: ~$7 CAD
Pkg: square tube
Colour: deep rusty red w/ brown undertone
Finish: satin
Pigmentation: medium to full
Texture: creamy
It glides on and stays for a decent time w/the blot-reapply technique.
I tend to for darkish colours or bright ones. And a true red never appealed to me. Which is why this is perfect for me. The browny undertone makes this an almost natural colour for the dark-skinned gals
Again, a perfect red for medium to dark skin

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Based on the other redheads review i decided to check this out. I must say it is lovely & exactly what ive been searching for. I thought it might have been similar to a Revlon lippie i had but i just swatched them side by side & their nothing alike so yay im happy :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 3:21:00 AM More reviews by Ericoy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first shade I tried for this brand and I just love it. From the way it looks to the way it glides on and moisturizes my lips. The shade has a hint of copper and red to it, so it does't look too rusty and not too red. It has a little shimmery shine but just A LITTLE. Don't look look like a fairy farted on your lips. I use this shade wherever I can to give my face that pop especially when I go out on the town at night :] This shade is probably one of those where you can wear wherever you go and no matter what occasion. I am one of those people who has dry lips that does dries out when you do wear lipstick. So what I do is put regular chapstick on before I put on lipstick. I wait for it to dry a little bit then I put on my lipstick. When I glide over the lipstick over it doesn't look cakey, it looks just right with a little bit of extra gloss because of the chapstick. Also when the shade wears out it doesn't leave that weird residue that does look cakey which I am happy about. This shade also moisturizes my lips too so I don't need to worry about my lips getting chapped the whole time I wear it :] I would definitely buy this shade again!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by lepeakes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I brought this lipstick on a whim and fell in love. I wear glosses mostly, but was looking for more depth for one of my glosses. The price was under $6, the color goes on smoothly and is very moisturizing. And the color is just as the name says "Cinnamon Stick". I pair this with my bronzer and NARS blush in Torrid. Nice inexpensive everyday color.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by notanotheramy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oooo! Pretty!
This is a very pretty, not too coppery, not too brown, not shimmery. I paired this with my Mary Kay Chocolate liner (my fav) and it looks amazing!

It last - after blotting-about 4-5 hours- drinking coffee the entire time.

Love it when these go on BOGO!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

I went to pick up Warm & Cozy from Target and they were out. Bummer. So I picked up this instead. I figured it was probably similar. The swatches looked sort of similar. Under the store lights it looked like a pretty brownish red. When I got outside and pulled it out I was a little worried because it looked like a bronze color, which is fine but not what I was looking for. However on my lips, it pulls off a pretty brick red. Which, is what I wanted Warm & Cozy for. I like this so much, I probably won't buy W&C now. I really like this line and I've tried everything from MAC to Lancome to Clinique to Rimmel & WnW. These as well as Revlon ColorStay Soft & Smooth are my favorite traditional lipsticks. As a matter of fact, this shade is almost identical to CSS Soft Cinnamon. I have both and the only difference is this version has a little shimmer wear Revlon is a little more matte.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2010 2:26:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh, I love this shade! I have been looking for a darker shade to wear this fall, and I finally found it. I am fair with brown hair and I have a yellow-orange skin tone. This lipstick worked perfect with my coloring, and it looked gorgeous on me ~ my DH asked me if I was wearing "red" lipstick and I said it's "cinnamon". Actually, it looked a little more red on me ~ all the same, it was in the red brick family and looked good, so I was happy.

I find the ColorSensational line very drying and for some reason this one was drier than the others. Also, I found that it clumped on my lips, so scrubbing your lips is necessary too. This shade is beautiful and I cannot wait until fall to wear this...Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 11:36:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this new Maybelline line purely for the shade selection; the quality of the lipstick is certainly fine (comparable IMO to Revlon Super Lustrous, and definitely more opaque and less glossy than the Moisture Extreme line) but the colors are amazing.

Cinnamon Stick is my absolute fave, because it can be so hard to find complex, distinctive shades at the drugstore and this one clinches it. It's a fiery copper-brown with a plum base, very reminiscent of MAC "O" but warmer and more flattering on me. Some coppers and browns don't work with my yellow-toned skin and red hair because they don't provide enough contrast; the plum base in this shade keeps it lively and interesting. It's just so pretty--like putting copper fireworks on my lips! LOVE IT!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No