April 17, 2014 | 1748 users online

Powder - Pur Minerals - Pressed Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by MichelleAmanda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using the product for 4 years and love it.I have extremely oily skin and can trust this product won't cause breakouts and will continue to use it.I don't like that they changed the compact so it no longer has a puff hidden under the powder, as I prefer that over brush use.I also find the power breaks into a million crumbly pieces when it's near done.This happens EVERY TIME!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by kayliexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

For me, having a very red complexion naturally, i found that it takes a ton of product to get the coverage I like (which is a lot). There are not many powder foundations (I find) that can even come close to giving full coverage. Day to day, it's not practical to use that much of it because it is quite expensive ($32CAD), so I just use it lightly over top of my liquid foundation for an extra bit of coverage. This gives it a beautiful airbrushed look. I find however, I still have to use a setting powder over that, as this powder itself does not set my foundation (MAC studio sculpt) completely. I have this in porcelain and I still find it's a bit yellow-y, but if it were any lighter I'm sure I'd look like a zombie. Some days I'll also just use concealer with this powder over top, which gives me a very natural look as my rosy-ness and freckles peek through. The brush that they sell with this makes all the difference. I got it as a GWP, and I'm sure any short bristled kabuki brush would work too, but you wont get any coverage with a fluffy powder brush. Although this looks great over my liquid foundation, due to the fact that it doesnt set it very well and I rarely use it on its own, I may not repurchase when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by WynterOlly

Changed the formula - contains bismuth. BISMUTH BREAKS YOU OUT AND CLOGS YOUR PORES even if you are not acne prone. The positive reviews come from the AMAZING *old* formula, which they sadly discontinued.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2013 6:42:00 AM More reviews by Pistachiosforall

I bought this 2 years ago and loved it. I was originally using bare minerals but wanted something with some more coverage. Used the whole thing and I bought it again a few months ago and it's been horrid! They changed the formula, it's icky and oxidizes I'd have to wet my brush or scrape the powder to get any on. The staying power is worse the colour looks dull and grey by the end of the day. Packaging is even more flimsy and cheap.And now it gives me little clogged pores and black heads!! I recently bought cover fx mineral makeup. Found out on MUA that they changed the formula of BE too. Time to find something new. Cover FX is so far so good! Very good coverage looks natural not cakey, it says it's good for acne prone skin..well see

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by TheHarryPotterNinja

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I purchased this product in the trial size because I was on the fence between the MAC studio fix plus foundation powder and this one. At first I would have given this powder 1 lippie. It was horrible. It covered nothing and was horrible. I would have to use a TON to get barely the coverage of a tinted moisturizer. However, after a little experience I have learned how to love this product. It is in fact not concealer as it says in the ads and such. But with concealer underneath, it looks amazing. I look flawless (which wasn't hard to achieve with a liquid foundation, but with this it looked NATURAL) I don't look like a "porcelain skin" perfect skin (I have OCD so my hyperpigmentation makes me insane) fool.

I will not be purchasing mac, and will be repurchasing this in full size!

UPDATE: Okay this update is like 10 minutes after I reviewed this but I just decided to wash my hair because I'm a freaking idiot so I was bent over the tub washing my hair (I didn't want to take a shower because I had things to do and didn't have time) and I accidentally got water all over my face because I'm an idiot so when I was done I took a paper towel and carefully toweled off my face but the water on the paper towel was clear, meaning none of the makeup had come off. Crazy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by makeupblondette007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

THIS STUFF DOES NOT BREAK ME OUT!!!!
If you use the primer, this powder is wonderful. It looks natural and not too cakey. It can also control oil longer than most liquid foundations. It feels like you are not wearing any foundation, and practically looks like it too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by bdavey

I absolutely love this product! I have repurchased a couple times already and will continue to purchase for years to come. This product covers so well without appearing cakey and does not break me out. I get compliments all the time on what I am using. I use the colour light in the winter time and light tan on top in the summer. I don't hear a lot of people talking about this and am always recommending to my friends. I live in Canada and find this at the shoppers drug marts that have the fancy boutique sections. Although it is kinda expensive it is well worth it in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 7:59:00 AM More reviews by bigbadpanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Somebody had given this to me a long time ago and I forgot about it. I recently discovered this again and I'm so glad I did. I use this powder by itself or over my BB cream. I feel like it gives a nice, smooth finish and it matches my skin color perfectly! I don't recommend the chisel brush. Use a regular powder brush. I've been using the flat top powder brush from ELF and it works way better in my opinion. The Pur Minerals brush they pair with this foundation sheds like crazy! So annoying.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Songbird222

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my favorite mineral foundation. I have oily/acne prone skin, and I have to be very careful about ingredients. I previously used Bare Minerals in Fairly Light, but found that if I built coverage too much, it would cake up. So, I tried the Pur Minerals and fell in love with it. I think the main trick is the brush you use to apply it. I do not care for the chisel brush they recommend. It does not allow for even coverage. A kabuki brush or powder brush works well. This gives great build-able coverage, and I even use it over my daytime eye cream to conceal under the eyes. It does well not giving a dry look under the eyes. The only thing that bothers me sometimes is that when you get down to the last bit of product, it sometimes breaks into pieces and you either have to crush it up and put it into another container to use the rest, or just throw it away. Despite that, I really love this foundation!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by leh529

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awful. It caused huge cystic acne and I don't know why =(