October 23, 2014 | 1639 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Eye Studio™ Color Plush™ Silk Eyeshadow

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by seaswan

I bought this shadow quad knowing it had sparkle and shine, but how much I wasn't sure of....too much.
While the shadow had some plush textures and some pigmented colors, the glitter was over the top for me. The flimsy packaging didn't help.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by MakeupFreak93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this quad in Smoky Night and using it all together (using the web's directions), it all looked like one color. However, using all of these together I decided to maybe try them separately. By using Maybelline's 24hr Color Tattoo in Pomegranate Pink, Paint Me Purple, Tenacious Teal and Audacious Asphalt, I have found a smoky-eye heaven!! Now that I am reading the rest of the reviews, I found that Smoky Night is actually one of the worst quads so I will try out Sapphire Siren because even though this quad didn't look great, it felt real nice and it doesn't crease in my smoky eye experiments (LOL). Incase interested, here is my directions to do the smoky-eye with the Smoky Night quad:
1) Choose one of the four colors in Maybelline's 24hr Color Tattoo Cream Shadow: (Pomegranate Pink, Paint Me Purple, Tenacious Teal or Audacious Asphalt) and place all on the lid with your finger, blending outwards
2) using a brush, apply the matching shade in the quad (Pink with pink, Purple with purple, Teal with blue, Asphalt with black) to the outer corner of your lid
3) blend into the crease, these shadows are VERY pigmented so use the shadow sparingly, also blend along the upper lash line
4) apply black pencil eyeliner and using brush blend the liner into the shadow
5) apply mascara
Once you have some practice, you can create the easiest smoky eye of your life in five minutes!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by IraSP

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Got this in Mad For Mauve and this definitely doesn't work on my skin color. No matter how much I applied to my lids, the color just didn't stand out and the moss green color looked so shabby. The packaging is quite bad and likely to be so badly scratched even though I keep it in my soft box.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2012 1:29:00 AM More reviews by smurfettesg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is is by and large my favorite eyeshadow ever, i have all of them except the new limited edition ones, which i have been scouring my area for, and will purchase all the shades, a few of the shades i have, i have actually hit pan on, so pigmented, buttery texture, interesting colors, i love love love them

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by kawanii

Got this in Sapphire Siren and I absolutely adore the color. Nice pigmentation but like another MUAer mentioned, the packaging is vulnerable to breakage so you gotta be careful. I don't use the applicators it comes with but with my own eye makeup brushes to get the best of it. They last quite a while but I always use eyeshadow with UD's primer potion so I'm good in all-day wear. Nice vibrant colors, thank you Maybelline.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

How and why I've lived without these shadows for so long is beyond me. My husband recently bought Smokey Night for me on a recent trip to Wal-Mart since I loved the tutorial emilynoel83 did on it. I'd also been wanting to try these quads anyway, and this was a good excuse. I actually wasn't very impressed with Smokey Night. It seemed to fade. Still, curiosity was killing me because I'd always loved the color selections from this line. So I got on Ulta.com one night and they were having a buy two get one free of Maybelline products so I ordered all of these along with the Color Explosion line. I've used not even half of them and I am in love. All of the quads are incredibly pigmented and blendable. The other thing I've been super impressed with is the colors, they don't always come out to be the colors they seem in the pan, but I've not been disappointed yet. For example, today I am wearing Legendary Lilac. In the pan, they look like a boring purple quad, the two first shades look like they are going to be so sheer that you will need tons of eyeliner to get any definition on your eye. NOT the case. They are all pigmented and this particular palette made my eyes look ethereal. I finished the look with Benefit's Hervana and L'Oreal's Color Riche Balm in Tender Mauve and LOVE the look. I don't think it's possible to be more impressed with these shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Kissue523

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

AWESOME Pigmentation, stays on all day even without primer, great colour range.

However, the lid comes off too easy (i have 4 of these and 2 of them are broken)

Other than that, Well done Maybelline!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Jade716

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am new to the whole eye shadow thing, I have always used just one one color on my lids, but want to try to learn how to do the whole dramatic look. I bought 3 shadow sets today, this was one of them, I got this one in Taupe Temptress, its the most beautiful palette ever, BUT (and like I said I am new at this) but I used all 4 colors, no it doesn't look good but like I said I am new at this I have no idea what I am doing, so I am sure it looking like crap is my fault. However I don't even see these, I kept putting it on and putting it on yet I look like I hardly have anything on, I look almost bare. WHERE IS THE COLOR???? I only see a little bit of the darker shade and seriously its only a little. Very disappointed, but then again it might not be this make up, I am just a sorry excuse for a girl when it comes to doing makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by marwuzcraze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a mixed feeling about this product! I bought one of these palettes [copper chic] three years ago and I absolutely loved it. The pigmentation was amazing and it went on smoothly and there was barely any fallout. I then started to work at Ulta summer 2011 and I bought 2 more because I remembered how much I loved them! The new ones were the biggest disappointment ever!! I think Maybelline changed their formula or something. The new ones had chunky glitter, a ton of fallout and it would mess up my contacts when it got in my eyes! I just threw them away after that and I will never buy them again until Maybelline adjusts the formula.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by arwynundomiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these eyeshadow quads so much that I bought every single one Maybelline makes. I taped little labels on the ends so I could easily find the one I wanted, and I want them frequently. I used to use Revlon's shadow quads, but Maybelline is my new favorite. The texture is smooth with excellent pigmentation and staying power. They last all day without a single touch-up and the color doesn't fade at all. Because the shadow applies so smoothly, you can control how much color you want to apply. Sometimes I only want a hint of it, and others I am going for dramatic color. They all have a bit of shimmer, but are suitable for both day and night. The color combinations are great, but I don't always stay within one set - I like to mix and match. They blend beautifully and even work very well as eyeliner. They don't flake or "shed" down on the rest of your face, which is a common problem with drugstore brands. Other reviews have criticized the packaging, but I like it and have never had a problem with it. I think the chevron design is aesthetically appealing and inspires the artist in me. The bottom line - these are my favorite eyeshadows, bar none, and I'll be the first to buy any new shades Maybelline makes!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No