Maybelline Eye Studio™ Color Plush™ Silk Eyeshadow

3.2

on 8/4/2015 2:48:00 AM

The colors are absolutely beautiful and pigmented but the wear if these shadows is awful! I applied concealer on my eyelids and set my eye lids with a light powder to mattify the lid and soak up any oil to prevent creasing, but at the end of the day when I got home there was no trace of any of the 3 shadows I used. I was really disappointed, no wonder I have most of the shades and I never reach for them, mystery solved. It really is a shame because they go on pigmented and th ry blend quite nicely. I really think maybelline needs to work on their shade formulation, I've also tried the other 4 pan quads and they're awful. I've also tried the nudes, the smokes, and the new blushed eyeshadow palettes from maybelline and they're just as awful. They lack pigmentation and don't last on the lid at all. I'll probably do a separate revoew on those awful palettes. Okay rant over, I do have to admit that maybellies makes some of thr best drugstore mascaras though, but their shadow game is weak.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I try to be generous in my reviews but I really can't be with this one- it is a product that just plain sucks.

I purchased the "mad for mauve" palette; all colors fade into a sort of mucky brown color. I have applied this with primer, concealer, etc. and it just does not work. Sure it looks beautiful at first, especially just sitting in its container, but another user was correct in that it fades in less than 2 hours.

on 6/25/2015 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this in Give Me Gold. Reviews seemed mixed between love and hate and I had been trying to find a smaller Maybelline eyeshadow thing that had the two shades from The Nudes (or damned close) in it - the ones closest to UD Smog and Half-Baked - and thought this could be it. But no. The darkest brown in this 4-set is really weakly pigmented, the warm dark gold shade is pretty but a little too warm/orange on, and the light gold and pearl shades are too glittery. Both the glittery shades create a lot of fallout all over the rest of your face, too. They are basically all glitz with no substance. The best pigmentation and smoothest texture is the darker gold shade but it's just a little too warm, at least for my pale skin, even though I am warm toned.

The wearability of this eyeshadow set is weak, too. It blends okay but fades in less than two hours. The glitter chunks are the only thing left.

I bought this at Target for $7 and I'm just not impressed by it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I got this in Legendary Lilac, and I really like how creamy the shadows are. However, they're HELLA shiny, and need a lot of layers to build up any pigment. I would consider this in Give Me Gold though, since it would give a more subtle look, if one that's a glitterbomb.

on 7/13/2014 2:02:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought this shadow quad knowing it had sparkle and shine, but how much I wasn't sure of....too much.
While the shadow had some plush textures and some pigmented colors, the glitter was over the top for me. The flimsy packaging didn't help.

on 10/22/2012 2:30:00 PM

I have this quad in Smoky Night and using it all together (using the web's directions), it all looked like one color. However, using all of these together I decided to maybe try them separately. By using Maybelline's 24hr Color Tattoo in Pomegranate Pink, Paint Me Purple, Tenacious Teal and Audacious Asphalt, I have found a smoky-eye heaven!! Now that I am reading the rest of the reviews, I found that Smoky Night is actually one of the worst quads so I will try out Sapphire Siren because even though this quad didn't look great, it felt real nice and it doesn't crease in my smoky eye experiments (LOL). Incase interested, here is my directions to do the smoky-eye with the Smoky Night quad:
1) Choose one of the four colors in Maybelline's 24hr Color Tattoo Cream Shadow: (Pomegranate Pink, Paint Me Purple, Tenacious Teal or Audacious Asphalt) and place all on the lid with your finger, blending outwards
2) using a brush, apply the matching shade in the quad (Pink with pink, Purple with purple, Teal with blue, Asphalt with black) to the outer corner of your lid
3) blend into the crease, these shadows are VERY pigmented so use the shadow sparingly, also blend along the upper lash line
4) apply black pencil eyeliner and using brush blend the liner into the shadow
5) apply mascara
Once you have some practice, you can create the easiest smoky eye of your life in five minutes!!

on 9/15/2012 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Got this in Mad For Mauve and this definitely doesn't work on my skin color. No matter how much I applied to my lids, the color just didn't stand out and the moss green color looked so shabby. The packaging is quite bad and likely to be so badly scratched even though I keep it in my soft box.

on 9/3/2012 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

this is is by and large my favorite eyeshadow ever, i have all of them except the new limited edition ones, which i have been scouring my area for, and will purchase all the shades, a few of the shades i have, i have actually hit pan on, so pigmented, buttery texture, interesting colors, i love love love them

on 9/3/2012 1:00:00 AM

Got this in Sapphire Siren and I absolutely adore the color. Nice pigmentation but like another MUAer mentioned, the packaging is vulnerable to breakage so you gotta be careful. I don't use the applicators it comes with but with my own eye makeup brushes to get the best of it. They last quite a while but I always use eyeshadow with UD's primer potion so I'm good in all-day wear. Nice vibrant colors, thank you Maybelline.

on 8/24/2012 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

How and why I've lived without these shadows for so long is beyond me. My husband recently bought Smokey Night for me on a recent trip to Wal-Mart since I loved the tutorial emilynoel83 did on it. I'd also been wanting to try these quads anyway, and this was a good excuse. I actually wasn't very impressed with Smokey Night. It seemed to fade. Still, curiosity was killing me because I'd always loved the color selections from this line. So I got on Ulta.com one night and they were having a buy two get one free of Maybelline products so I ordered all of these along with the Color Explosion line. I've used not even half of them and I am in love. All of the quads are incredibly pigmented and blendable. The other thing I've been super impressed with is the colors, they don't always come out to be the colors they seem in the pan, but I've not been disappointed yet. For example, today I am wearing Legendary Lilac. In the pan, they look like a boring purple quad, the two first shades look like they are going to be so sheer that you will need tons of eyeliner to get any definition on your eye. NOT the case. They are all pigmented and this particular palette made my eyes look ethereal. I finished the look with Benefit's Hervana and L'Oreal's Color Riche Balm in Tender Mauve and LOVE the look. I don't think it's possible to be more impressed with these shadows.