December 19, 2014 | 1113 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Eden

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by aubjohnson19

I got a bunch of sample primers with my naked 3 palette. And this was my least favorite. Like other reviews it's thick, concealer formulas, dries too quick, doesn't go on evenly, and I can't even blend my eyeshadows out. When I put my eyeshadows on they just don't blend they stay in that one place and I have to start all over again. This primer is not worth peoples time. And I'm very disappointed in urban decay for this. I threw the sample away and I will never bother buying or even looking at it. It made me mornings chaotic and I'm a senior who is constantly going to school early and doing stuff with friends at night. So this either like I said made my makeup routines chaotic or made me late to places I needed to be. Only if they had a zero lippy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2014 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Nataliedubs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried both this and the original formula, and I prefer this one. I might be lucky because I have yellow undertones, and the colour blends in perfectly with the rest of my skin. I've found that it does a great job at keeping any eyeshadow or eyeliner in place, and I even wear it without eyeshadow to get a more even tone all over my face. It does dry quickly, but since you're covering such a small area, I have no problem getting it blended in. I actually like that it dries quickly because I often wear it with a cat-eye eyeliner look, and if I mess up the tail I can quickly remove it, add some more primer, and get back to work quickly. Plus, it's only one step before I can start doing eyeliner, which is great when I'm rushed in the morning.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by sindoodoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I got a sample of this with an Urban Decay purchase. It's a beautiful color, but difficult to apply, which you have to be careful about on dark skin, since it's a light beige color. You must be careful to spread it only on the lid, and not any further, and do it quickly, since it dries quickly. But it is a quality product, with a very, very long-lasting color payoff.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by cokobean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been an avid user of the original Urban Decay eyelid primer for years. When this came out I thought I'd give it a shot since I have yellow undertones. Big mistake. This almost looks like i applied concealer on myeyelids. It does NOT hold your eyeshadow/eyeliner in place like the original formula. A few hours into a regular office workday, my makeup has creased on my eyelids and my natural oils have started to dissolve it off.

I'm literally waiting for this tube to finish so that I can repurchase the original formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by MeganDan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I purchased my Naked 2 Palette from Sephora, it can with a little tube of this primer and I'm so thankful for that other wise I don't think I would of found this little goody! This is beautiful if you have yellow undertones like myself. It reminds me of a matte concealer, preps my eyes so perfectly. No creases, no smudging, just beautiful long lasting eyeshadows. Can't wait to pick up my full tube

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

I'm not a fan of eden it is just too yellow for my taste but it does work just as well as the original eyeshadow primer potion which is my favorite. Eyeshadow sticks to this like glue and won't move for hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2014 8:38:00 AM More reviews by Siofs

I got this primer free with the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette along with samples of their original primer, an anti ageing one and the sin primer potion (a really dark primer). I adore this product! I have really bad trouble with eyeshadows and getting them to last and stay on my lids and in comparison to the original primer eden was a thicker more sticky consistency and it made my eyeshadow stick to my lids like glue! Also the fact that its slightly yellow in colour meant that it covered up any purpleness around my lids (I'm very fair and find this a problem). Not only this but at 21 euro it was a great price, due to the fact eden is so sticky it goes a very long way so I can see this tube lasting me a loooong time! The packaging is done in traditional urban decay style and is very pretty. Overall I adore this primer and think its much better than the original! Would 100% recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by saraminebowen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ugh. Luckily, this was a sample in my Naked 2 palette, so I paid nothing for it. I wish someone would've paid me to use it, though, because it did nothing but mess up my shadow colors and didn't even keep the colors in place. I look like I wiped concealer all over my eyelids- even WITH dark eyeshadow shades like Busted & Blackout on. I'll be throwing this sample away, not even going to give it away, because I'm a good friend.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by tmill

I got a sample of this from a friend, along with several other "flavors" of UD eye primer. It was kind of a toss up between this and the original. It came down to the original being a bit easier to work with and lasting just a little longer. If they ever stopped making the original, I would probably buy this one instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Fark222

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

As a huge fan of the original UDPP, I was really excited to try Eden, because for the same price it had a little extra tint to it (helpful for those under eye discolourations).

But I am so disappointed! I have to agree with the other reviewers that Eden's consistency is totally different from the original formula- it's thicker, harder to blend, and applies streakier. Additionally, after only a couple of hours out and about, product which hadn't melted off my face had caked into the creases of my eyelids.

Stick to the original formula, people, $24.00 CAN is an awful thing to waste.