Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Eden

3.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Trihydroxystearin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate

on 4/25/2015 9:55:00 AM

I like the idea of this primer, with the slight colour that it has. I thought it would be great for evening out my eyelids a little.
I can't say how this would be on someone who doesn's have dry skin, but on me it was, unfortunately, terrible. It clings to dry patches on my eyes a lot, and it is just very drying. It doesnt look good AT ALL.
The priming part of it is fine tho. I don't have any problems with creasing with this one, and my stadows stay on during the day, also with my hooded eyes. But iv'e tried cheaper primers that did the same for me. Not worth the money.
I am so bummed that i got the big one, and i don't know what to do with it..

on 4/17/2015 3:55:00 AM

I love this primer so much, I have tried the original and sin, and this is my favourite for most eye shadow looks. I wouldn't recommend it for a very simple eyeliner look as it is very pigmented. Because of the pigment it makes your eye shadow really pop, although I have found with a peachy eye shadow it does make it look a little orange over the yellowish primer, but that's the only eye shadow colour I have found is affected. It is quite difficult to blend as it dries quickly but I would recommend not putting it all over the eye strait away, and do it in 2 steps for each eyelid so it doesn't dry funny. Makes eye shadow last for ages, and would highly recommend it.

My skin overall is crazy oily, and my face is no exception. Eyeshadow/eyeliner usually does not last more than an hour on me. However, when I use this primer potion I feel like it could stay on for days. And the tiniest little bit goes a really long way. Don't hesitate to buy this!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Beautiful eye primer! It looks gorgeous with my NC 15 beige-undertoned skin! It lasts for a very long time and you only need a little bit of it to pat against your eyelids, so the container lasts for such a long time!
It's also an anti-aging primer but I still use it despite only being a 20 year old who stays away from the sun. I'm not sure if it will have any effect on my skin.

on 3/27/2015 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I love this! I have dry face but greasy, heavy eyelids and eyeshadow was never before my thing due to obvious problems like smudging, creasing and fading. My face is basically very pale yellow with redness around... everywhere so the color Eden works like charm on my lids though it is a little dark. My sister is a shade cooler shade (of death warmed over) but with similar skin type and I buy her the Original color whenever I travel. No matter how hard I try to find substitutes that are cheaper or even more easily available nothing comes close to this product. Try it!

on 3/25/2015 6:24:00 PM

This was not a great fit for me but I can see someone else possibly liking it. What I am looking for out of a primer is something to keep my liner from smudging, keep the top line crisp and the liner on the bottom from smearing under my eyes. Most days I wear just liner with no shadow or a sheer wash of shadow and I do not like this at all for that. It is way too obvious. This is sort of a high maintenance product to apply. I can't just dab it on quickly and go. You can see the color and crepey texture on the skin, even when carefully blended. Each time I tried, it, I ended up taking it off midday because it looked horrible... And I didn't notice my liner staying in place much better anyway. I much prefer regular udpp.

on 3/13/2015 10:23:00 AM

I`ve received a sample of this with my Naked palette and even though it says it should last for 2 weeks only, I am well into my 3rd week here and going strong. You only need the tiniest bit to spread on to your eyelid and Voila! it`s an all day magnet for eyeshadows. It works equally well with all brands of eyeshadow, it is not drying for me, and even the most fickle, sparkly shades last 10 hours+.

on 2/26/2015 9:15:00 PM

I can't believe the hype on this stuff. It looks like there used to be a doe foot applicator, which would solve half the problems with this stuff.

It's so concentrated that you need the smallest possible amount. Any more than that and you're wasting product, because you literally cannot use more than the tiniest amount on your lids. It will get all yellow and sticky. Well ok, I like concentrated...more value, right? Not with this packaging. It separates in the tube and all that comes out at first is an oily substance. You have to keep squeezing to get pigment out. Now there's too much, only a fraction of it is needed, and now you have to wash your hands.

And the performance? Lackluster. It extends wear time by a couple of hours, but when I get home from work I still have creasing. I have slightly oily, slightly hooded lids so maybe I'm just a speshul sneauxflake in need of industrial strength primer. I don't know. All I know is I'm very disappointed, after hearing so many people rave about it. I gave it 2 lippies because it's better than nothing, and it covers redness quite well.

on 2/16/2015 10:45:00 PM

It was only after arriving home from an Ulta trip and unpacking my purchase bag did I notice that the cashier had thrown in a bunch of small sample sizes of various UD primer potions along with my purchase. And because I have small red splotches in the crease area of my eyelids that I need to even out, I immediately opened the Eden primer potion first to try.

Positive #1: The first thing that impressed me was how little I needed to cover my entire lid area, including under the brow. A teeny tiny dot is all that is needed. Apply even a little bit more over that amount and the primer will look cakey. This small sample size has lasted almost 2 months so I can't even guess how long a full size would last.

Positive #2: It covered the red area of my eye area PERFECTLY. I needed no other concealer.

Positive #3: My e/s lasted all day without creasing and crease/transition colors applied and blended well without needing a powder base. (ability to apply smoothly and blend well in the crease area is the major problem I have with primers)

And now for the one and only negative which is a total deal breaker for me...

Negative: The eye area has to be perfectly smooth or Eden will emphasize any area that is uneven, like dry patches. Only after applying Eden to my eye area do I notice that the red patches in my crease at times has accompanying dry skin (the product accumulates around the dead skin). I do not notice this dryness at all without this primer and since I do not like to exfoliate this area often, it means I am left with a very patchy application of primer when this area has even the smallest amount of dryness (usually applying e/s on top of the primer still does not hide this patchiness of primer).

If I had perfectly smooth skin, I would have given this product 5 stars and many people may not have the same issue I have. As it is, I deducted a lippie and voted "no" that I will not be repurchasing for this one reason alone. Too bad.

on 2/5/2015 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have one hooded eye, and one almost hooded. Accordingly shimmer isn't the best look for me. This primer goes on matte and can even be used on its own to help disguise any discoloration. It's reached HG status for me.

I originally bought Sin to use with UD Naked 3 but it was just too much shimmer.

My only complaint is that I can't ever squeeze a small enough amount that I'm not wasting product.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Simple Easy Tutorial: Nice N Street Makeup - Fun & Kawaii HD by beautybysantaana

Top Rated Urban Decay Products