Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Eden

3.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Trihydroxystearin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate

on 3/27/2015 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I love this! I have dry face but greasy, heavy eyelids and eyeshadow was never before my thing due to obvious problems like smudging, creasing and fading. My face is basically very pale yellow with redness around... everywhere so the color Eden works like charm on my lids though it is a little dark. My sister is a shade cooler shade (of death warmed over) but with similar skin type and I buy her the Original color whenever I travel. No matter how hard I try to find substitutes that are cheaper or even more easily available nothing comes close to this product. Try it!

on 3/25/2015 6:24:00 PM

This was not a great fit for me but I can see someone else possibly liking it. What I am looking for out of a primer is something to keep my liner from smudging, keep the top line crisp and the liner on the bottom from smearing under my eyes. Most days I wear just liner with no shadow or a sheer wash of shadow and I do not like this at all for that. It is way too obvious. This is sort of a high maintenance product to apply. I can't just dab it on quickly and go. You can see the color and crepey texture on the skin, even when carefully blended. Each time I tried, it, I ended up taking it off midday because it looked horrible... And I didn't notice my liner staying in place much better anyway. I much prefer regular udpp.

on 3/13/2015 10:23:00 AM

I`ve received a sample of this with my Naked palette and even though it says it should last for 2 weeks only, I am well into my 3rd week here and going strong. You only need the tiniest bit to spread on to your eyelid and Voila! it`s an all day magnet for eyeshadows. It works equally well with all brands of eyeshadow, it is not drying for me, and even the most fickle, sparkly shades last 10 hours+.

on 2/26/2015 9:15:00 PM

I can't believe the hype on this stuff. It looks like there used to be a doe foot applicator, which would solve half the problems with this stuff.

It's so concentrated that you need the smallest possible amount. Any more than that and you're wasting product, because you literally cannot use more than the tiniest amount on your lids. It will get all yellow and sticky. Well ok, I like concentrated...more value, right? Not with this packaging. It separates in the tube and all that comes out at first is an oily substance. You have to keep squeezing to get pigment out. Now there's too much, only a fraction of it is needed, and now you have to wash your hands.

And the performance? Lackluster. It extends wear time by a couple of hours, but when I get home from work I still have creasing. I have slightly oily, slightly hooded lids so maybe I'm just a speshul sneauxflake in need of industrial strength primer. I don't know. All I know is I'm very disappointed, after hearing so many people rave about it. I gave it 2 lippies because it's better than nothing, and it covers redness quite well.

on 2/16/2015 10:45:00 PM

It was only after arriving home from an Ulta trip and unpacking my purchase bag did I notice that the cashier had thrown in a bunch of small sample sizes of various UD primer potions along with my purchase. And because I have small red splotches in the crease area of my eyelids that I need to even out, I immediately opened the Eden primer potion first to try.

Positive #1: The first thing that impressed me was how little I needed to cover my entire lid area, including under the brow. A teeny tiny dot is all that is needed. Apply even a little bit more over that amount and the primer will look cakey. This small sample size has lasted almost 2 months so I can't even guess how long a full size would last.

Positive #2: It covered the red area of my eye area PERFECTLY. I needed no other concealer.

Positive #3: My e/s lasted all day without creasing and crease/transition colors applied and blended well without needing a powder base. (ability to apply smoothly and blend well in the crease area is the major problem I have with primers)

And now for the one and only negative which is a total deal breaker for me...

Negative: The eye area has to be perfectly smooth or Eden will emphasize any area that is uneven, like dry patches. Only after applying Eden to my eye area do I notice that the red patches in my crease at times has accompanying dry skin (the product accumulates around the dead skin). I do not notice this dryness at all without this primer and since I do not like to exfoliate this area often, it means I am left with a very patchy application of primer when this area has even the smallest amount of dryness (usually applying e/s on top of the primer still does not hide this patchiness of primer).

If I had perfectly smooth skin, I would have given this product 5 stars and many people may not have the same issue I have. As it is, I deducted a lippie and voted "no" that I will not be repurchasing for this one reason alone. Too bad.

on 2/5/2015 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have one hooded eye, and one almost hooded. Accordingly shimmer isn't the best look for me. This primer goes on matte and can even be used on its own to help disguise any discoloration. It's reached HG status for me.

I originally bought Sin to use with UD Naked 3 but it was just too much shimmer.

My only complaint is that I can't ever squeeze a small enough amount that I'm not wasting product.

on 1/8/2015 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This product can be a total fail depending on your skin tipe, i think. My skin is quite dry, and when it comes to my eyes, it´s even more sensitive (gets easily irritated). I tried it a few times, and I love the shade (super flattering and concealing), but it was SOOO drying on my lids... Even the texture was much more liquid than, for example, MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre (which you have to rub in a bit more), it wasn´t even on my skin but clinging on some dry patches.

After a few times using it (maybe i used too much product, as well), my eyes got irritated and I threw off the sample. I have to say that I didn´t moisturise before (oh, ignorance); but neither do I have a cream appropiate for my sensitive lids at the moment.
Anyway, the smell seemed so strong to me, not appealing at all!

I don´t think that it´s a bad product, to be fair, but it just didn´t work for me AND I wouldn´t recommend it to you if you suffer from dry and sensitive eyes, just like me.

At least the packaging it´s super cute (I got a tube of another shade for Christmas); althought I would find it better for the user if they sold smaller tubes. That way you could buy more shades, without having to toss them -I mean, the amount of product is reaaally decent, but the expiration date may make it difficult to finish it all before separating... And since it´s gonna be near your eyes, I´d be careful.

on 12/31/2014 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have been a faithful user of the Original UDPP for about 6 years now. It's always made my eyeshadow look more vivid and it prevents creasing throughout the entire day. Several months ago I bought the UD Naked 3 palette and with it I received a four-pack sample of the various formulas of Primer Potion. I never bothered to open any of them until I ran out of my Original tube and had to use something else until my new tube arrived. I hadn't intended to use anything other than the Original packet, but I misplaced it after the first time I used it and figured Eden would be the next best one to try. I absolutely *love* it, and I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to the Original again (unless they stopped making Eden). I have fair, yellow/golden toned skin (NC15) and this basically acts as an e/s primer *and* foundation for my eyelids. Because I'm so fair, I have visible veins and some darkness on my eyelids. One thing I always wished the Original would do was to give me an even coverage as a base for my shadow. Eden does exactly that. I need just the tiniest amount of product and it provides a flawless, even base. Because of that, it makes my eyeshadows look SO much more creamy, airbrushed, vivid, and... just nice, really. It gives such a beautiful end result. And it prevents creasing just as well as the Original does for me.

I've seen that some people complain of it being too dry and hard to blend, which really surprises me. I found it shockingly smooth and easy to blend, and I haven't had any problems with it causing or accentuating any dryness. (And I have my thin skin on my lids that can be easily irritated and/or dried out.) I can see how this may not work well for those with darker and/or cooler skin tones. I imagine it might look like they'd smeared concealer all over their lids. But for me, it's absolutely perfect. I'm returning the Original tube I recently received and am buying a full size of Eden instead. I really want to try it as an under eye primer/concealer as well!

on 12/30/2014 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I've tried all three of urban decays primers and this is my favourite, it goes on almost like a concealer, blends in ok and holds my eye makeup brilliantly all day. by the end of the day my eye shadow looks great,not as fresh as first put on but not creased at all. What I did find is that if I used heavy moisturiser on my eye lids before applying my makeup then it creases a lot quicker than when I didn't put moisturiser on my lids. I think this is a really great primer and to me is only bested by Too Faced's eye primer, definitely worth giving a go, though a little pricey.

on 12/27/2014 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I personally love this primer.. I was using a different one and needed a new one got a make over done by urban decay and the girl used this one one me as a concealer and primer for shadow.. Love it! it does dry quickly but i dont need much plus it will last a long time for me i use it for under my eyes and eye lids.. have not had any breakouts or issues at all.. I have sensitive skin... So for me it works wonders and keeps my shadow lasting longer and makes my dark circles under my eyes disappear....

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Simple Easy Tutorial: Nice N Street Makeup - Fun & Kawaii HD by beautybysantaana

Top Rated Urban Decay Products