April 17, 2014 | 1521 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Eden

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by tallulahlm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ehh. I guess this is fine. I have only ever received this product in tester form when purchasing online from Sephora or Ulta, or when I received my Naked eyeshadow palettes.

I find that the formulation deteriorates quite quickly, so that the oil separates and comes out first like old mustard or ketchup bottles do (ew. I know). Strangely, I haven't had this problem with Sin, the shimmery version of the primer, which is a shame because Eden's matte color is more practical for a variety of eyeshadow looks. The little bottles are also inefficient because they spew out way too much product at a time, so a lot is wasted. That being said, the product is extremely effective at keeping eyeshadow in place and intensifying the color. But it fixes the shadows so well that it also makes them much harder to blend once applied.

I personally prefer taking Mac prolongwear concealer up onto my lids a bit when I conceal my under eyes, or using Mac paint pots, Maybelline color tattoos or NYX jumbo pencils. But since I received the UD primers for free, I'm not really complaining.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by MissXMx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw this product recommended on several beauty blogs so gave it a try - best thing in my make up bag...full stop!

The packaging is great and the product lasts for ages - which makes up for the slightly higher price tag!

My eye shadow stays in place all day (or night!) and the colour of my shadow looks really strong and striking thanks for the concealer in this version of the primer (not sure what the version without the concealer effect is like - not tried it).

I can't imagine wearing eye shadow without it now - buy buy buy!!

K x

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by alina08

Although I like the functionality of this product, I do not like how yellow it is. It changes the color of some of my eyeshadows when it mixes with it. For this reason, I prefer the original Urban Decay Primer Potion. This primer also is a lot less useful when any kind of eye cream is applied to the eyelid. I would only give it 4 stars (in reality, more like 3.5).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

This is a gorgeous base shade for dark skin tones. It really makes all my eyeshadows appear more vibrant and they last all day without creasing. I love the new squeeze tube. A little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This works very well in keeping my shadow from creasing, but I do not like it because it makes the color of my shadows look different. For example, today I used shades from my Naked palette (the first one), and when I looked in the mirror a couple of hours later, my warm toned shadows had turned to a cool toned gray. I noticed it with other shadows I tried, too. Definitely a no-buy for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by mame71430

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

People who refer to UD primers as the Holy Grail are not kidding! I've tried brands all across the board from high end to low end and always would come back to UD. After coming across Eden though, I don't see myself ever attempting another brand's primer again! Eden has a flesh-tone color to it that really evens out your lids in addition to the priming factor. When I use this product, I feel that I have the perfect palette to create my eyeshadow looks.
Eden is long lasting and does not crease. I noticed some reviews said that this happened but I think ANY primer will crease over time if you don't let it dry or set in for a few min before applying your shadow OR if you over apply. You only need the slightest amount so don't worry about the cost. The tube will last you forevs!

I have not one single con for this primer. It's truly made my application smoother, vibrant and long lasting.

If you have light to medium skin... this is a MUST for your makeup collection ladies!!

= )

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This product just didn't work out for me. It did a good job evening out my eyelids but my eyeshadows still creased horribly after 4 hours. This would work well for drier eyelids

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 9:06:00 PM More reviews by klseey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the first primer that I have used and I ordered it online from Sephora.
I have to admit, at first, I was disappointed by how small the package seemed.
BOY WAS I DUMB.
This stuff lasts FOREVER. You only need a very little bit each time.
One tube has lasted me a year now, and I have barely made a dent in it!
It is a little bit pricey, but totally worth it in my books.
Fantastic primer.
I would like to try the other primers that Urban Decay offers after I run out of this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 7:38:00 AM More reviews by Belle84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Love this!

I finally got around to trying the tube-version instead of the sponge applicator one, and I have to say that when I got the hang of how much product I needed, I prefer the tube over the sponge applicator.

The color is perfect for my warm, yellow-y skintone, and the eyeshadow is stuck throughout the day.

I have to take one lippie off for the formula, though. The original one is much more velvet-y, whereas this is a teensy bit too dry for my dehydratet skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Alright primer with matte golden tint. It's a bit dry when I put it on but it helps eyeshadows last all day.