January 30, 2015 | 1876 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Eden

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2015 12:25:00 PM More reviews by PollyRH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This product can be a total fail depending on your skin tipe, i think. My skin is quite dry, and when it comes to my eyes, itīs even more sensitive (gets easily irritated). I tried it a few times, and I love the shade (super flattering and concealing), but it was SOOO drying on my lids... Even the texture was much more liquid than, for example, MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre (which you have to rub in a bit more), it wasnīt even on my skin but clinging on some dry patches.

After a few times using it (maybe i used too much product, as well), my eyes got irritated and I threw off the sample. I have to say that I didnīt moisturise before (oh, ignorance); but neither do I have a cream appropiate for my sensitive lids at the moment.
Anyway, the smell seemed so strong to me, not appealing at all!

I donīt think that itīs a bad product, to be fair, but it just didnīt work for me AND I wouldnīt recommend it to you if you suffer from dry and sensitive eyes, just like me.

At least the packaging itīs super cute (I got a tube of another shade for Christmas); althought I would find it better for the user if they sold smaller tubes. That way you could buy more shades, without having to toss them -I mean, the amount of product is reaaally decent, but the expiration date may make it difficult to finish it all before separating... And since itīs gonna be near your eyes, Iīd be careful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by stellar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been a faithful user of the Original UDPP for about 6 years now. It's always made my eyeshadow look more vivid and it prevents creasing throughout the entire day. Several months ago I bought the UD Naked 3 palette and with it I received a four-pack sample of the various formulas of Primer Potion. I never bothered to open any of them until I ran out of my Original tube and had to use something else until my new tube arrived. I hadn't intended to use anything other than the Original packet, but I misplaced it after the first time I used it and figured Eden would be the next best one to try. I absolutely *love* it, and I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to the Original again (unless they stopped making Eden). I have fair, yellow/golden toned skin (NC15) and this basically acts as an e/s primer *and* foundation for my eyelids. Because I'm so fair, I have visible veins and some darkness on my eyelids. One thing I always wished the Original would do was to give me an even coverage as a base for my shadow. Eden does exactly that. I need just the tiniest amount of product and it provides a flawless, even base. Because of that, it makes my eyeshadows look SO much more creamy, airbrushed, vivid, and... just nice, really. It gives such a beautiful end result. And it prevents creasing just as well as the Original does for me.

I've seen that some people complain of it being too dry and hard to blend, which really surprises me. I found it shockingly smooth and easy to blend, and I haven't had any problems with it causing or accentuating any dryness. (And I have my thin skin on my lids that can be easily irritated and/or dried out.) I can see how this may not work well for those with darker and/or cooler skin tones. I imagine it might look like they'd smeared concealer all over their lids. But for me, it's absolutely perfect. I'm returning the Original tube I recently received and am buying a full size of Eden instead. I really want to try it as an under eye primer/concealer as well!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by CheshireCat88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've tried all three of urban decays primers and this is my favourite, it goes on almost like a concealer, blends in ok and holds my eye makeup brilliantly all day. by the end of the day my eye shadow looks great,not as fresh as first put on but not creased at all. What I did find is that if I used heavy moisturiser on my eye lids before applying my makeup then it creases a lot quicker than when I didn't put moisturiser on my lids. I think this is a really great primer and to me is only bested by Too Faced's eye primer, definitely worth giving a go, though a little pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Burgandy1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I personally love this primer.. I was using a different one and needed a new one got a make over done by urban decay and the girl used this one one me as a concealer and primer for shadow.. Love it! it does dry quickly but i dont need much plus it will last a long time for me i use it for under my eyes and eye lids.. have not had any breakouts or issues at all.. I have sensitive skin... So for me it works wonders and keeps my shadow lasting longer and makes my dark circles under my eyes disappear....

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by hellerenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm so disappointed, I spent a good amount of money on this. I used to have really oily eyelids, then when I came out of my teenageyears it went away, only to return this year. I have had major trouble getting eyeshadow to stay put on my eyes. Even my trusted MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre failed me when my oily eyelids came back with a vengeance.
The minute I put this on my eyelids, it creases like hell. And this is before I put eyeshadow on. After applying eyeshadow, it does help it last a tiny bit longer, but then comes the creasing. It just doesn't work for me. It's a crying shame. I had heard so many good things about this primer. Oh, well. My eyelid primer-search will continue!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by aubjohnson19

I got a bunch of sample primers with my naked 3 palette. And this was my least favorite. Like other reviews it's thick, concealer formulas, dries too quick, doesn't go on evenly, and I can't even blend my eyeshadows out. When I put my eyeshadows on they just don't blend they stay in that one place and I have to start all over again. This primer is not worth peoples time. And I'm very disappointed in urban decay for this. I threw the sample away and I will never bother buying or even looking at it. It made me mornings chaotic and I'm a senior who is constantly going to school early and doing stuff with friends at night. So this either like I said made my makeup routines chaotic or made me late to places I needed to be. Only if they had a zero lippy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2014 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Nataliedubs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried both this and the original formula, and I prefer this one. I might be lucky because I have yellow undertones, and the colour blends in perfectly with the rest of my skin. I've found that it does a great job at keeping any eyeshadow or eyeliner in place, and I even wear it without eyeshadow to get a more even tone all over my face. It does dry quickly, but since you're covering such a small area, I have no problem getting it blended in. I actually like that it dries quickly because I often wear it with a cat-eye eyeliner look, and if I mess up the tail I can quickly remove it, add some more primer, and get back to work quickly. Plus, it's only one step before I can start doing eyeliner, which is great when I'm rushed in the morning.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by sindoodoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I got a sample of this with an Urban Decay purchase. It's a beautiful color, but difficult to apply, which you have to be careful about on dark skin, since it's a light beige color. You must be careful to spread it only on the lid, and not any further, and do it quickly, since it dries quickly. But it is a quality product, with a very, very long-lasting color payoff.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by cokobean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been an avid user of the original Urban Decay eyelid primer for years. When this came out I thought I'd give it a shot since I have yellow undertones. Big mistake. This almost looks like i applied concealer on myeyelids. It does NOT hold your eyeshadow/eyeliner in place like the original formula. A few hours into a regular office workday, my makeup has creased on my eyelids and my natural oils have started to dissolve it off.

I'm literally waiting for this tube to finish so that I can repurchase the original formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by MeganDan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I purchased my Naked 2 Palette from Sephora, it can with a little tube of this primer and I'm so thankful for that other wise I don't think I would of found this little goody! This is beautiful if you have yellow undertones like myself. It reminds me of a matte concealer, preps my eyes so perfectly. No creases, no smudging, just beautiful long lasting eyeshadows. Can't wait to pick up my full tube