April 18, 2014 | 942 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Clean Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by jedda

I have tried this product as a face powder, and it is junk. It offers no coverage, and I had to reapply frequently.

I have also tried this product as a BRONZER with fairly good results. I have fairly light, warm-toned skin. I was looking for a matte bronzer, with absolutely no shimmer or glitter. I also didn't want to spend a ton of money for a product that I would only use for a few months every year. I bought Cover Girl Clean "Normal Skin" pressed powder in color #155 "Soft Honey" (which is several shades darker than my natural skintone) and it is perfect. I use a large powder brush to apply, and it goes on nice and sheer. I am very happy with this product as a bronzer.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2012 8:36:00 AM More reviews by agrunow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hate the smell! It is very strong and medicine-like. I don't wear powder all the time but like to have some on hand in case my face looks shiny. For me, this product does the job. I like the compact design, although some people don't. Some people like the smell; I do not. I'm going to buy this product in the version for sensitive skin; the reviews say it's unscented.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Kris20

Used this for about year would put over my cover girl foundation made my face breakout a lot and made ny face look super shiny by the end of the day

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by lori99jj

I have been using this product for 20+ years, and I love it! I have tried other brands, but I always go back to this one. The clean, noxema-scended powder is so nice. It gives a subtle matte finish to your skin and sets your foundation nicely. It feel very light on the skin, never cakes, even with reapplication (unless you reapply it on damp skin). I find that it lasts a long time, too. I only reapply my powder every few hours. The only negative thing I can say about this product is the new compact design, which is more difficult to open, and bulkier on your purse. But it doesn't bother me enough that I would stop buying this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 8:44:00 PM More reviews by saucyblossom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder. Been using it forever!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by DevilDucky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This powder does absolutely nothing. No coverage, no shine control (and my skin only needs minimal shine control to begin with.) The only thing this product DOES do is smell bad. It absolutely reeks in a way that no other powder I've tried comes close to. Also, the compact is impossible to open. My recommendation? Stay away. Far, far away.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by jazzsm191

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this powder yesterday. To tell you a bit of "background" I am 13 years old, with fairly oily skin, with a few blemishes. Anyways, I find this product has a very nice smell, but WAY to strong. Today I walked into the classroom after a touch-up & someone was like "whoa whats that smell?" It was kinda embarrassing. But I think it works pretty good. At first when I apply it, it looks powdery, but after about 5 minutes it looks fine. I have this powder in Buff Beige and I find it matches perfectly. One other down side was the compact was VERY (and still is) hard to open. Maybe it will wear down a tad in a bit, but currently I still have to get my dad to open it. :P I will not buy this product again, but continue to look for a powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2010 5:04:00 PM More reviews by shoefiend

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this for sensitive skin in Ivory. I'm really pale so I got the lightest shade. I would use this for shine-reduction, but it has zero coverage otherwise and doesn't do a thing to cover up my red splotches.

Maybe a liquid would be better. The package is difficult to open too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Kabuk1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

OK, I lied. I wrote a bad review a while ago about this powder, thinking it was irritating my skin, but it wasn't this that was at fault, it was my habitual overuse of witch hazel. Yaaaaay! I thought I was gonna have to find a new powder. Clean powder is the best. Great colors, fresh smell, and call me crazy but it seems to help keep my skin clear too. Must be the noxzema.

One thing I do not like about this is the redesigned packaging & the subsequent price-jacking. In fact, I freaking HATE the new packaging. The new compact is overly bulky & the hinge SUCKS. I now have to hold it at the angle I want, it doesn't stay rigid like it used to. The price is $1 higher now too. Boo.

EDIE: 3 weeks of use & the hinge pin worked its way loose today. Had to shove it back in with a pointy object. I have contacted CG about the new compact design, it is simply terrible. If you hate the new compact as much as I do, you can de-pot the powder & transfer the pan to another compact. This is what I did.