CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

3.9

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Niacinamide, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, , Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 4/24/2015 9:01:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have been using this product for 4-5 months now, and recently repurchased another bottle. I absolutely love this moisturizer, though like others have said, it is not truly that moisturizing if you have pretty dry skin. For really dry skin, I would use something like CeraVe's cream that comes in the tub, which actually works perfectly on both the face and the body. I am currently using Eucerin AtoControl, a heavy face moisturizer at night to combat my dry, post-accutane skin.
I actually use this moisturizer during the morning, not the night, as I find that it is pretty light. It absorbs VERY quickly and doesn't leave behind a residue whatsoever. It feels as if I am just touching my regular skin.
I love the packaging, as it is easy to carry while traveling. One bottle of this lasted me over 3 months, and I was using it then both morning and night, so I would say that the price is definitely worth it.

on 4/18/2015 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really wish I could love this product. Such an easy pump, absorbs quickly, and hydrates so so well. But it breaks me out! I stopped using the cream for a few days to see if maybe it was something else. My skin calmed down but then began breaking out when I started using it again. It wasn't meant to be. :(

on 3/30/2015 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

perfect amount of moisture for my dry skin! i use 4 pumps, one on each cheek, one on my nose and one on my forehead, then i rub it in. this moisturizer has never done me wrong and i'm currently using it while i recover from the tons of closed comedones trying to switch to cetaphil cream gave me. if your skin needs moisture but not TOO much moisture, you should really try this! only downside is it's not a lot of product for a pretty high price, but it's some good stuff so i think it's worth it.

on 3/27/2015 2:36:00 PM

I use and enjoy several CeraVe products, including the AM moisturizer and the hydrating cleanser. These 2 are staples of my routine and have never given me problems. However, the PM moisturizer caused me to break out due to the niacinamide (I didn't know I had a sensitivity until I tried this). Other than that, it was decently hydrating. I actually still use it sometimes to remove eye makeup. Just throwing out a heads up -- if this makes you break out your skin might not like niacinamide!

on 3/27/2015 12:40:00 PM

I have been looking for a moisturizer that will keep me from getting alligator-nose, but also I have things to consider like my skin is actually considered oily or combo/oily, and I have very sensitive skin that is easily prone to breakouts. I had been using the Oil of Olay moisturizer, but recently it has not been moisturizing enough. Also lately things with an SPF seem to irritate and even burn my skin (it is Wintertime here, or the tail end of Winter when I bought this). So, that all said, granted, I have some issues to consider, so my skin is not really 'normal'.

I found this to be..okay. I think I still need something a little more moisturizing, though. So, I think this might not be moisturizing enough if you have truly 'dry skin'.

I just think this is an 'okay' moisturizer. I do find the price tag to be somewhat steep, this was $10.00 for 3 ounces and the Oil of Olay is less that $7.00 for 4 ounces. And to me, they feel pretty much the same, and perform pretty much the same. Granted this has a pump, but to me, I do not like a pump, because for me, it is harder to control how much is pumped out, so some gets wasted. I know many like pumps, but I am just not a fan. And for the record, I still somehow have some slight burning when this is first applied...Not sure what is up with that, as this does not have the SPF in it-so I 'thought' it would be safe..but, if you've got sensitive skin like me, I thought that was worth mentioning!!

The good thing about this is it did not break me out, and that is also my biggest fear when trying something new. So there is that! ;-)

So, in conclusion, this is not terrible, and I know many of the things are personal quirks, but that is what a review is for!! Just in looking at the whole picture, it just does not knock my socks off or make me go "wow..I want to get this again!!"...I will still use this until I find something better, but I highly doubt I would re-purchase this...Once this is done, if I have not found something that works, I will go back to the Oil of Olay moisturizer.

UPDATE: This seems to have clogged my pores, or anyway, for whatever reason, it has made me break out. I know it seems gentle and all, but, it is what it is, this made me break out. Will be returning this.

on 3/27/2015 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Pros:
+ Cheap
+ Moisturizing well
+ Does not cause break out

Cons:
+ Absord slowly -> can't be used before make-up

on 3/21/2015 3:31:00 PM

I apply to my face while still wet, and this plumps my skin and keeps dehydration wrinkles at bay. I use it in the morning, and my sunscreen applies well over it. Currently I'm using Tarte's BB for SS and while I really like it, it will dry out my face and accentuate flakies without a good moisturizer underneath. This does the trick without being too heavy/ greasy.
I like the pump packaging, the only con is that it is hard to tell how much you have left in the bottle.

on 3/21/2015 7:39:00 AM

I have never written a review on ANYTHING before, but felt I had to on this one. This cream literally peeled the skin off my face! My face became bright red on application and by the AM my husband even commented on my sloughing skin. I have always used Clinique Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisturizer, but thought I could save some money with this well reviewed product. WRONG. Three days later my skin is still recovering. I am very fair with sensitive skin, but I've never had a product due anything like this before. I'll be ordering Clinique as soon as I finish this review.

on 3/19/2015 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is my favorite CeraVe moisturizer because my skin loves niacinamide and it has a good amount of it. Sadly all CeraVe products ultimately bother my rosacea, and I believe it is the surfactant quaternary ammonium compound Behentrimonium Methosulphate that irritates my skin and that of many other rosaceans. My skin does much better with CVS CeraVe knockoffs which substitute additional fatty alcohols for the Behentrimonium Methosulphate. If you like the idea of CeraVe but have redness, irritation, or clogging, and don't mind the inclusion of parabens (in both CVS and CeraVe) maybe give one of the CVS versions a try.

on 3/13/2015 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I like it, it goes on light, and makes my skin feel fresh due to it's light texture. In addition to it's ceramides ingredients it also contains niacimide! There is also an am with sunscreen version of this but it's terrible compared to the pm. I rather use this pm lotion under other sunscreen that's how bad the am lotion is. This is the pm lotion.

Pros: Contains niacimide that evens skin tone
contains ceramides
fragrance free
has a light texture
I'ts 3 oz so last a long time
container has a pump

Cons: none