CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

3.9

Purified Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Niacinamide, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum. (May contain Gluten, from barley/phytosphingosine)

This is a miracle face lotion. For quite some time I have been looking for a good quality face moisturiser that will not irritate or break out my skin. Along the way I have tried products from brands such as Clarins, Dermalogica and Clinique, but none have made such a great impact on my skin.
Do not be discouraged from this product due to its simple packaging and price! It got rid of my dry spots overnight and I was surprised when it cooled and calmed by irritated skin straight after I had waxed my eyebrows. I use this at night as well as during the day, and it offers perfect moisturising that lasts all day without breaking me out. It also works beautifully under makeup and my only problem with the product is that I did not buy it sooner!

This is one of the best facial moisturizers in the drugstore market. I don't know much about skin care but this lotion is everything most people want in a facial moisturizer. It moisturizes but its not greasy. However if you need intense moisture, I don't think you would find it very useful (I heard that the Cera Ve Cream, not lotion is a great option). I would classify it between a light-medium moisturizer. In addition, if you were to wear makeup over it, it wouldn't be too slippery of a base. It dries down into a faint satin, not tacky, finish on your face after about 15-20 minutes. I put on a few coats of it on my face at night and I put a thin layer of it on in the morning. I have normal/combo skin and it has kept my skin away from any recent breakouts and my skin has not developed those nasty dry and flaky patches. The dispenser is a pump which keeps it very hygienic. In addition, the pump has a lock so you don't accidentally squeeze out product. The only con about it is the price. It's a bit pricey for drugstore, its priced between $16-19, but you can always score in a bogo sales at Rite Aid or Walgreens. If you go on their website, you can print out a save $2.00 coupon.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

A great drugstore moisturizer. I have oily, acne-prone skin with dry patches from acne medication, and this hasn't given me any major problems. Ofc, I have to be careful to not over-apply, because it feels quite emollient and will cause some clogged pores (little bumps on my skin). But my cystic acne hasn't gotten worse from using this moisturizer. It also gets rid of my dry patches from tretinoin and benzyl peroxide.

The price (~$11-13) is high for a drugstore product, but I think it's worth it. It's hard to find a drugstore moisturizer without any fragrance or irritants, and includes some beneficial cell-communicating ingredients (you can read all about it online). Plus, if you have oily skin, you won't need to use this everyday or use that much to cover your entire face. A bottle lasts me about 3-4 months.

In summary, there's really nothing bad to say about this product. It does leave an "oily", shiny finish after I apply it, but it's not a deal breaker; I use it exclusively at night anyway. So I would recommend this for all skin types, even sensitive. If you're looking for a no fuss, effective drugstore moisturizer, this is the one to go with.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Sigh... I've seen so many skincare friends rave about CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion PM. What appealed to me about the ingredient list was that CeraVe is one of the very few drugstore skincare lines to incorporate ceramides. It also has niacinamide in the mix, which is great for redness/scars/rosacea. Niacinamide helps the skin barrier function and is an antioxidant (vitamin b) for those of you unfamiliar.

However this moisturizer broke my acne-prone skin out like a volcano. :( I see a few coconut derivatives on the list that are most likely the guilty culprits. If *your* skin can handle the formulation, all the more power to you! I'm jealous, because I really wanted to love it.

Hands down the BEST face cream in the world. I used to use the PM day and night because i felt that the AM was a bit greasy, however, I recently started using AM in the morning under my makeup and then PM at night on a cleansed face. Contrary to what I originally believed, the AM does NOT make my face greasy, in fact the PM makes it greasier.

My skin couldn't be happier. The ingredients in these lotions are top notch, especially the Hyalauronic (sp?) acid.

HOW DID IT TAKE SO LONG TO FIND THIS PRODUCT? I live in an extremely arid climate -- high mountain desert. There is almost no moisture in the air. I had tried so, so many products -- literally 100 or more, from hyaluronic serums that are guaranteed to moisturize, to the thickest, most expensive face creams, and everything in between. Nothing actually moisturized, nothing produced even skin texture and tone like CeraVe PM. I bought it as a last resort, and without much hope -- it looked so thin I didn't think it would make a dent in my dehydrated skin. But, I ran across a review an thought, "I've run out of options, why not?" Thank God I chose to try it! The blend of ceramides, niacinamide, etc. -- it's all exactly what my skin needed. I woke up the next day and literally started in front of my mirror -- I was taken aback. My skin looked like normal skin -- it was brighter, far smoother, and even looked dewey. I currently am living abroad and cannot get this product (though people think my current location is the skincare capital, nothing compares to CeraVe -- not a single product of the dozens of expensive ones I've bought!). This is HG. I can see it doing magic for any type of skin, honestly, because it is so simple, which is probably part of why it works so well. Nothing fancy or gimmicky -- just science.

I think part of the issue is that while hyaluronic acid does indeed hold a bajillion times its weight in water (something we all hear about ad nauseum), but it will take it from *your skin* if that moisture isn't present in the atmosphere. And again, there is almost no moisture in my climate, so those hyaluronic serums dried me out even more! This does contain HLA, but the amount of glycerin and mix of ceramides must help it to do its job by sealing in and communicating the moisture to skin cells. Buy this -- you won't regret it! (And it's amazingly affordable for what it does!)

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

Meh. I have dry skin, and this just wasn't hydrating enough for me. I love Cerave Hydrating Cleanser, AM lotion, and eye cream, but this didn't impress me. I suppose I could layer it with other products, but I don't want to add another step to my regimen. I won't buy it again.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this lotion. It has so many great ingredients. last night I used the cleanser, then the wrinkle serum, then the pm lotion and it felt great. Today after work my daughter asked me what was wrong with my face because it was bumpy. I felt itchy but didn't scratch. and right now my whole face is covered in red bumps! horrible. I look like a monster. I will return and find something else. This didnt work for me but doesnt mean it's a bad product.

I use this moisturizer periodically. I think it works better for me in the summer and isn't quite enough for my oily skin in combination with their Foaming Cleanser in winter (even though I live in a mild climate). Overall, it is an OK, non-comedogenic moisturizer without sunscreen -- not my HG, but one that I do re-purchase periodically.

This product was the biggest dissapointement. My 55 year old skin is dry and sensitive. I thought this might do the trick. What it did was break me out in severe full face acne after using for two weeks. Idont know what is in their breaking me out but will not be using anymore.