July 26, 2014 | 1890 users online

Moisturizers - CeraVe - Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Coolnique

So, I have really sensitive, acne proned, oily skin. Finding a moisturizer that doesn't cause more oil or dry me out or clog my pores is extremely hard. I've tried 6 different moisturizers before I stumbled across this one after going n a huge review reading spree for a solid moisutrizer. This is only my second time using it and I'm so impressed. The price was good and I only had to use three small pumps for my entire face. I'm on the acne.org regimen and finding a moistuirzer that helps soothe my dry skin from the benzoyl peroxide was extremely important. I will of course update within the next couple of weeks to make sure it works but overall after my second use, I'm impressed. My face feels so moisturized under my mineral powder foundation. No creases or dry patches. I will update soon but if you've been on the fence about this, I say try it. Only my second day using and I'm already satisfied!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2014 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Phivu

This was not enough moisture for me especially since I use other acne product that already absorbs oil. It is more of a gel-consistency. I got this because it's loaded with great antioxidants and vitamins but just left my face a bit tight.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Pealion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Iíve only been using this moisturiser for a couple of weeks now but, my goodness, do I love it!

Before that I had been using Cetaphil moisturising lotion for a good few years, but I wanted to find an alternative, with more skin-identical ingredients and no fragrant ingredients. Cetaphil claims to be fragrance free but contains farnesol a component found in essential oils, that is often used to add/enhance fragrance of products (its use in perfume is now restricted, due to its potential of for causing a sensitising effect, which seems like an odd ingredient to include in a fragrance free product, but I digress).

Iíve always struggled to find moisturisers that leave my skin comfortable, Iím often left with tight-feeling skin, even after moisturising. Cetaphil is the only moisturiser Iíd previously found that consistently made my skin feel comfortable, but it is also kind of basic as products go. The CeraVe moisturiser has around six ingredients in common with my usual Cetaphil lotion, so I had high hopes it would work in a similar way with my skin, luckily it appears (so far) I was right.

Despite having a lighter, more gel-life formulation than Cetaphil, it does do the same in terms of instantly making my skin feel comfortable, and this seems to last well throughout the day (I use this AM and PM). It feels soothing on application and hasnít caused any irritation. The formula is easy to spread and absorbs quickly, but does leave a nice softness/very slight tackiness on the skinís surface (which I personally like). It feels light enough that I also use this around my eye area, and it has caused no problems there.

So far it also hasnít caused any pilling with the products I put on top Ė foundation, tinted moisturiser, or the separate SPF I use. I guess the low silicone condent helps here!

Iíve not been using this long enough to say whether it is improving my skin, but first impressions are good.

Packaging is a plain and simple pump bottle, I am not bothered about fancy packaging personally, but if you like a pretty bottle this might not appeal. Personally I find the pump to be good, the bottle easy to hold while dispensing, and the pump is lockable to make it suitable for travel.

Price-wise I think this is affordable, especially considering the amount of proven ingredients it contains. I paid £13.24 for this on Amazon (3 oz bottle), with free delivery. I donít think this is expensive for good moisturiser, personally. Iíve paid more in the past for moisturisers Iíve liked a lot less than this one, letís put it that way! Not sure if itís cheaper to buy in the US (if so Iíll be stocking up when I visit in September) Ė Iíd really like it if this was available in shops in the UK, for the sake of convenience.

Will definitely be re-purchasing this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2014 8:39:00 AM More reviews by gmmace80

I really wanted to like this lotion because it contains ceramides, which my dermatologist recommended. But after several tries, I've come to the conclusion that there's some ingredient in it that my face just doesn't like. It doesn't cause actual breakouts, but I get little red, bumps on my face after I use it. My face tends to be much more sensitive than the rest of my skin, so I can probably use the remainder as a hand lotion, but I won't purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by joeshmoe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I haven't written a review in ages so hopefully the lippies gave it a high mark. Love this stuff. The packaging isn't very glam, but who cares? It does the job.

I read that Niacin helps strengthen skin so I was happy to find a cream that I can easily obtain at the drugstore that hydrates well. It's similar to Nia24 but a fraction of the price and it's light. I use it every other night when I'm taking the night off of doing Retin-A. Cerave is awesome and hasn't let me down yet.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by amandadee97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Sadly, this broke me out. I suspect the cetearyl alcohol. I wish it hadn't, it did feel extremely nice and the perfect balance between hydrated or oily. It has a light, watery but not running texture, and comes in a pump bottle, which I love. I did notice a decrease in redness on the cheek I used it on, which is why I was disappointed to throw it out. I'll have to look elsewhere for niacinamide.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by dragonflygirl7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Using this twice a day for the last few months has made my skin so happy. The combination of niacinamide along with ceramides is fantastic. It's a lightweight silky cream in a pump bottle that isn't packed with silicones, yet it's very moisturizing. I do prefer this to the Olay Regenerist line as I'm not a fan of said silicones being at the top of the list. I use retin-a and have repeatedly compromised my skin's moisture barrier, but this restores it and keeps it intact. I sometimes use the a.m. version with spf 30 and it's terrific, but I do prefer this product. I put this on after my serum and before makeup. In the dead of winter I sometimes layer a heavier cream on top, but no need most days. I get this at CVS with a coupon and it's a real skin care steal. I recommend this to anyone struggling with unevenness, dryness, flakiness or redness.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Mikeswife

This is a great light moisturizer for night.

Price: I think I paid around $10 for the bottle. I'd say it's probably a mid-range price for a drugstore brand.

Package: I like that this has a pump. Easy to use and dispense. I travel a bit and don't like when my tubs end up with all of the product collected in the top after I come off a plane, so this is very tidy.

Product: I am a convert to CeraVe products after using their Facial Moisturizing Cream, which is a staple in my AM routine and works far better than anything else I've tried on my dry, flaky skin (including some that were 15x the price). I use this as directed in the PM as a light moisturizer after applying my glycolic lotion. I was using Clinique's antioxidant facial moisturizer in the winter, but I think my combination (dry / very dry) may be discontinued. It's also heavier than I need for this time of year, and I wasn't crazy about the smell, so I picked this up as something to try instead. This is largely scent-free and does the job quite well. I am not sure it is it rich enough to get me through the winter months (dry, extremely cold climate), but time will tell.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 7:07:00 AM More reviews by Lindo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I actually use this on AM, I just really like how moisturizing this is. After my bha I slather this on and I love the feeling of it on my face, my face feels so soft. This is one of my holy grail skincare products, leaves it radiant. I absolutely love this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by lilspeth

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I came to this as my face suddenly turned to sand ...dry with post-meno breakouts ugh!
I was bummed out! In less than a week, presto! Works like magic. Give it a go!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No