January 30, 2015 | 1988 users online

Moisturizers - CeraVe - Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2015 11:18:00 PM More reviews by ArevLusine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So far I am really enjoying this. I've had it for about three days now and I bought it because I read reviews that it moisturize well and absorbs quickly. Well, it does moisturize well, absorbs very quickly, and so far no breakouts! However, it's a bit expensive for the amount you get and I find it weird how the bottle doesn't have a cap on it. I'll continue using it, and if I don't get breakouts, I'll invest in the AM cream and look into some of the other products.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2015 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Chanelthischanelthat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Favourite moisturiser I have ever used! Fair enough with moisturisers I usually stay pretty faithful so I haven't tried too many (usually just brands like nivea and simple), but the MVE delivery technology really does work! It has a delayed reaction and so hydrates your skin in bursts all night - or all day if you use the AM version - and so when I wake up my skin still feels smooth and healthy. My T - zone does get very oily and so I obviously have to put a little less on my nose or it does get a little too greasy, but with the right amount my skin's oil balance feels evened and even dewy! Another what seems to be a miracle at the moment, it didn't irritate my sensitive skin in any way, so it's totally safe to put on skin that acts up with new products. All in all, I've finally found a product I can keep coming back to.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2015 1:26:00 AM More reviews by KathiHR

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am 63 years young, with fair skin and green eyes. I grew up in an age that only offered zinc oxide for skin protection, and my siblings and I were constantly being burned by the sun's rays. We grew up in NM, in a mile-high city; and every winter spent every free winter moment skiing at another mile up, in the nearby mountains. As adults, we have all learned to protect our skin from the cancerous rays and have annual visits to our Dermatologist. Biopsies, Mohs surgery, Basal cell & Squamous cell carcinoma are part of our medical records.

My Dermatologist has told me to stay away from all products with the Salicylic Acid - they just burn my skin and irritate it. Several years ago, while I was going through menopause rosacea rashes, he suggested I start using the CeraVe products. They are fantastic! Initially, my skin was so dry, It seemed I could never smooth on too much. I use the PM both in the morning and before going to bed - unless I plan to be outside. Then I use the AM, that has 15 SPF. I have to be very careful with either of them on my nose, or I'll break out. I still have a very oily 'T-zone'.

I also learned about product placement when I switched over to CeraVe. All those products down on the bottom shelves don't pay the stores to "place their product". So if you're seeing products on shelves at eye level, you can be sure you're paying a premium.

I started recommending the CeraVe products to my friends, who recommended them to their daughters (in their 20s & 30s). Everybody is sending back rave reviews. This lotion/cream is a great, light-weight moisturizer; it doesn't irritate your skin; and with a bit of judicious care, won't cause your skin to break out. See my review of CeraVe's face cleansers.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2015 7:05:00 PM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I never used to need a facial moisturizer, but as I get older, my skin seems to dry out more easily, especially in the winter. I had been using Clinique Dramatically Different Gel, which worked well, but I felt I needed something a touch more moisturizing, so I decided to give the CeraVe PM lotion a try. Unfortunately, it isn't working for me. My face feels as if there's a film on it four hours after I've applied it, and I think it's making me break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2015 6:24:00 PM More reviews by lolarica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful moisturizer. Lightweight but hydrating, unscented, very kind on skin. I actually prefer to use this during the day because I use serums/AHA lotion at night. I'd heard the AM version with SPF isn't quite as nice, so anytime I need to go outside I just use SPF on top of it with no bad reactions. It is fairly pricey, especially since 3oz doesn't seem like a ton of product to me, but they promote with coupons every once in a while plus it goes on sale frequently at the drugstore. Will definitely repurchase the next time I can combine a coupon and a sale.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2015 6:57:00 PM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for a few months and I just couldn't decide whether I liked it or not to decide that it was my HG night moisturizer. Last night, my skin started getting really red and hot after applying it and that finally put the nail in the coffin for me. There is just something in all of the Cerave products (I've used the cream, lotion, and this) that just doesn't agree with my skin. I'm pretty sure there's something in this that makes me break out as well.
I put some Clinique's dramatically different moisturizing gel (which I use as a daytime moisturizer) on this and it immediately cooled down the burning sensation. I really wanted to like Cerave because they do have some good ingredients and there's also no fragrance, but I finally am just going to have to give up on this brand.
I think this product could work really well for other people, and I know that it does. I do like the packaging, the open/close cap is really convenient.
I guess my search for an affordable nighttime moisturizer with no fragrance for my sensitive combo skin continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2015 2:10:00 AM More reviews by lovelyvenice

I'm on my second bottle and I still have yet to find another daytime moisturizer better than this. I know it's marketed as a nighttime moisturizer but it really is so light that its great to use for daytime! It doesn't clog your pores at all, and it sinks into the skin so fast so you never have to deal with that heavy greasy feel some moisturizers leave on the skin. It doesn't flare up acne either, so you can feel okay with applying it over any blemishes. When I use it at night, I wake up with smooth, soft, moisturized skin and that amazes because off how light the lotion is.Also it is SO inexpensive!! I buy it at Ulta for around 9 dollars when they have the $3.50 off $10 coupon (which is like always). :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2015 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Inthenebula

I started using this after hearing good reviews all around, but unfortunately I broke out quite heavily after using it nightly for a few days. Once I stopped using it (keeping up everything else I used), my skin immediately felt better and cleared up quickly. In addition, it just wasn't quite hydrating enough for me.

I liked the pump-style container however and it seemed like the product would last for a long time. It just wasn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by theanginator

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Blue

This has been my nightly moisturizer for about 2 years. It's cheap, gentle on the skin, and has a decent ingredients list. For those with extremely dry skin this will not be mositurizing enoiugh. However, I layer oil on top and that seems to do the trick.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by JALT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I read a TON of reviews for night creams and moisturizers before finally deciding on this one. I just finished the Sephora Collection Age Defy Night Moisture Cream (which I HATED) and this one is so much better! After the Sephora cream, I was completely turned off by any products containing petroleum because it felt like a greasy mess. CeraVe has no fragrance, no petroleum, and it feels like it actually absorbs into the skin. It has a pump dispenser, is a clear-milky gel, and smooths easily over the face. It doesn't feel like it absorbs so much that your skin is bare afterwards, but it doesn't feel greasy at ALL. It has improved a small dry patch on my cheek and I think that it is light enough to continue using in warmer weather. I would recommend this moisturizer for individuals with dry-normal, normal, or oily skin--very dry skin might need something a little heavier.