CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

3.9

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Niacinamide, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, , Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 3/2/2015 11:43:00 PM

Pros:

- Niacinamide! (4% apparently!!!). The reason I bought this. Niacinamide is a wonderful ingredient, and I wanted to find a way to add it to my routine. I found it helped calm my skin, and was helping with my acne scars and any redness.
- Hyaluronic Acid - as someone with dehydrated skin, this is an ingredient I look for in moisturizers.
- Nice texture. Consistency is between a gel cream and a lotion, and felt nice to apply.
- Fragrance free
- Hygienic pump packaging
- Relatively inexpensive

Cons:

- Clogged up the pores on my forehead. When I finished the bottle, they began to go away.
- Not moisturizing enough for my combo skin in the dry winter air. For me personally, I think this would be a better moisturizer for spring/fall/summer. I wouldn't recommend this for dry skin, except perhaps in warm humid weather. This could be good for oily skin in winter, or even year round.

Conclusion: If this didn't clog my pores, I would give this 5 stars and give up my search for my HG moisturizer. Although it didn't work out for me, I still think it is a really good product and I could see it being perfect for someone else.

on 3/2/2015 6:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

this has been a godsend for my skin this winter. my skin was in bad shape, really dried out & irritated from some bad products i'd been using, & after doing some research i came across this gem. it immediately made my skin feel smoother & more hydrated. it hasn't solved all my skin problems (i didn't expect it to) but it has helped considerably at restoring moisture & hasn't caused any adverse reactions to my sensitive skin. since i'm using other treatments i prefer a gentle moisturizer without a lot of actives & this fits the bill. it soaks in really well & just feels like it's nourishing yr skin. great under makeup or over treatments & a great value for these ingredients. i'd rec to almost anyone.

Love love love! This is my bff. Cleared my skin. Sinks in, no greasy feel, no more oil covered face in the morning. Hollaaaa

on 2/25/2015 11:28:00 PM

I read many reviews on this cream before buying it and was hoping that I could finally have a HG night cream that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. It cost 14$CAD on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart which I found an attractive price.
Unfortunately as soon as I started using it I began to break out with a shitload of milia which could be attributable to the ingredient cholesterol. I'm not a scientist but perhaps it is not the best moisturizer for sensitive/acne prone skin.
Moisturizing level was meh to be honest. I expect something a bit more rich for a night cream.
I returned it.

on 2/25/2015 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

So I got this on clearance at Target, I never heard anything about this brand so I took a chance. 1st Impression: It is so moisturizing yet so light & it does not feel greasy at all! Over all: I've never tried ANY moisturizer that's this amazing .. i don't know what it has but its clearing up my complexion. I was breaking out badly because I was trying a bunch of makeup products.. this has really been amazing to me. I WILL ALWAYS BUY THIS PRODUCT!

on 2/19/2015 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is my favorite facial moisturizer. it has helped my skin so much. It reduces all irritation and redness. It hydrates incredibly well. It doesn't cause any breakouts. It is a very lightweight texture. I love that it is fragrance free. It does a great job of keeping my skin hydrated that it helps with my fine lines. It is also reasonably priced for the amount you get. Definitely a keeper for my very sensitive skin!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been dealing with horrible facial dryness all winter do to the ridiculous cold and winds and the 2 prescription acne products I have been using. I tried the CeraVe moisturizing cream originally but I found that did not do anything for my face (works great for the body though, but that's another review). After one use the peeling had gone away completely. I'm honestly amazed because I've tried everything but nothing has worked! I use this at night before applying a prescription topical and in the morning before I put on my makeup. This goes under makeup flawlessly! I feel no tightness and there is no peeling all day. The packaging is perfect, I love the tube with the pump. I definitely recommend this if you struggle with dry skin in the winter because it has done wonders for me and I was almost about to give up before giving this a try!

Its been my third day using this moisturizer and it is honestly my favourite beauty product! I have been struggling with breakouts for about 2 years now. I cleanse and exfoliate my skin every night and then apply my moisturizer and it hasn't been working. After the first night of use I woke up to soft, glowing skin and my break out had gone down substantially, now the third day of use my breakout is gone and my skin has never looked better ! This moisturizer is not greasy, in fact it blends right in to your skin as you apply.. I have been using it as a day time moisturizer as well. Have nothing bad to say about this product. Paid about $17.00 for it at Rexall drug store so not a low price point but not high either. I would recommend this to anyone, maybe not someone with dry skin.

on 1/29/2015 11:18:00 PM

So far I am really enjoying this. I've had it for about three days now and I bought it because I read reviews that it moisturize well and absorbs quickly. Well, it does moisturize well, absorbs very quickly, and so far no breakouts! However, it's a bit expensive for the amount you get and I find it weird how the bottle doesn't have a cap on it. I'll continue using it, and if I don't get breakouts, I'll invest in the AM cream and look into some of the other products.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Favourite moisturiser I have ever used! Fair enough with moisturisers I usually stay pretty faithful so I haven't tried too many (usually just brands like nivea and simple), but the MVE delivery technology really does work! It has a delayed reaction and so hydrates your skin in bursts all night - or all day if you use the AM version - and so when I wake up my skin still feels smooth and healthy. My T - zone does get very oily and so I obviously have to put a little less on my nose or it does get a little too greasy, but with the right amount my skin's oil balance feels evened and even dewy! Another what seems to be a miracle at the moment, it didn't irritate my sensitive skin in any way, so it's totally safe to put on skin that acts up with new products. All in all, I've finally found a product I can keep coming back to.