September 1, 2014 | 1208 users online

Moisturizers - CeraVe - Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by ktraaan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Background info on my skin: I have combination-oily skin leaning more towards oily. I'm in my teens so I do get breakouts but never cystic or moderate, mostly just small tiny comedones around the time of month, yenno what I mean ladies?
I just started venturing into skincare about last year and I basically used exclusively Cetaphil minus the clean and clear morning burst hydrating gel moisturizer. That was my first "gel" moisturizer and I loved the concept so much that I just kept sticking to it. I went camping in July and when I came back my skin freaked out! My forehead (where I rarely break out) was scattered with many tiny whiteheads and bumps. The skincare I was on was not cutting it and 3 weeks later my skin was still as gross as it was before. So I went into my local target about a month ago and picked up the CeraVe Pm facial moisturizer because I did my research and saw that it had a thin gel-cream texture. I used it that night and the next morning BAM my whiteheads were significantly reduced. I used it day and night for a week and now my skin is claritin clear and baby smooth. The hyaluronic acid i find helps clear breakouts as well! Now, my skincare routine is just Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and this, day and night :) Anyone with mild acne should definitely give this a go!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Kawilso28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I was a little hesitant to try this because of the mixed reviews...but it has worked wonders on my skin! I have combination skin...dry because I use retin-a to keep if clear and oily because that's how it naturally is. The cerave is not a mattifying moisturizer, so expect it to make your skin shiny! I use Too Faced Primed and Poreless finishing powder on top of the cerave and it keeps the shine at bay. It doesn't make my skin break out at all. I use it as a day moisturizer and just love it. It's a little bit expensive for a drugstore moisturizer, but worth the cost. I have definitely seen a positive difference in my skin. Highly recommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Roxysurfergrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My experience with this moisturizer:
1. Worked at first but then ended up not being moisturizing enough
2. Didn't cause any breakouts which was a plus
3. It absorbs very quickly into my skin and left no sticky residue

My Skin: My skin is dry/acne prone and I am highly sensitive to the products I put on my face. I also have eczema that can react to irritating sunscreens/moisturizers if I'm not careful. I've recently (within the last yearish) started getting cystic acne along my jawline too.

At first this moisturized my face well enough, but after a week my skin started getting really bad dry patches and this product just wasn't helping. I since then switched to Cetaphil RestoraDerm Skin Restoring Moisturizer and I'm in LOVE with it (I just avoid putting it on my acne as a precaution incase it aggravates it).

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by hussyred

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Was given a sample by my dermatologist. I used it two different times one week apart. Each time I woke up with whiteheads all over my face. I have very challenging, hypersensitive skin. Normally I'll get redness or burning when I can't tolerate a product, not pimples! Will never use again.

My skin is mature, oily in summer - normal in winter. I have lupus and rosacea which make finding products a pain. Although the company says this product is noncomedogenic, it was just the opposite with me. However, I found the AM version of this moisturizer to be just fine. The PM version will never be used again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Erinmh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I have never used a product that has broken me out, but this is the one that does. It feels okay going on, but it is a tad greasy. I tried it a couple of times, and every morning I woke up with more acne. I don't know what it is, I really wanted to like this product after seeing so many people rave about the Cerave brand in general. I ended up returning it and my acne diminished.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by adavi0140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

When I used it, it definitely made my skin feel nice and soft and really cut the redness. It had a light texture and sunk in fast. It didn't feel heavy and didn't ball up at all, which is a huge plus for me. Unfortunately, it broke me out, so it went in the bin.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

So far, I haven't been impressed with this moisturizer. I like the consistency and how creamy it feels going on, but after it sinks in, I feel like my skin gets dry and dull. I have to use 3 or 4 pumps for each application even after I use the CeraVe hydrating cleanser. That is quite a bit for each application considering the bottle is so small. Since switching to these two products, my chin has started acting up a bit. They are very small red breakouts, but clustered. I have had trouble with this area for a long time and some products make it worse than others. This combination seems to irritate my chin area.

UPDATE: It has been about a month since I've used this moisturizer. I quite using the hydrating cleanser all together and the texture and breakouts have improved a lot. I still have some small red spots on my chin. I do feel my skin isn't as dry after putting this on, like it used to be. I will probably finish the bottle and reassess.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2014 6:36:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I like the texture and consistency of this product. Also, I like that it didn't cause added breakouts for me. But, i didn't really notice a big change to my skin while using it, so eventually i stopped using it. And, i have no plans to re-buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by alynne522

Great, light-weight moisturizer. I have combination skin and use acne products that dry out my face so I like this moisturizer because it doesn't cause more breakouts but keeps my face from feeling tight. I will definitely buy it again. It seemed expensive, but I have paid much more while trying to find good face products. I also like that there is no scent to this lotion. Another reviewer posted that the pump didn't lock in place for travel, but mine does - maybe it's a newer design. I've been using this lotion for over 4 months and I still like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2014 1:43:00 AM More reviews by fsmeath

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this is my go-to face face moisturizer when i need such a thing. i like that there is no added fragrance to cause irritation (there is a subtle scent but i'm guessing its from the actual ingredients). the gel-cream texture is neither too thick nor too watery nor greasy. it absorbs fast and it's noticable after it has, unlike other lotions that seem to vanish. i put a thick coat of this on dry areas in winter and my skin feels so soothed afterwards.

the price is fair considering the type and quality of ingredients (Niacinamide, Ceramides, Hyaluronic Acid). the hygienic pump is great for dispensing a small amount of product, though there is no cap or lock so you have to use a bit of tape over the tiny nozzle for travel.

ingredients (8/2014):
Purified Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Niacinamide, Behentrimonium Methosulfate and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum