October 1, 2014 | 1245 users online

Moisturizers - CeraVe - Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by daria33

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I started using this about two weeks ago, and I was afraid that it wouldn't love up to the hype and that it would break me out, but so far it's been great. The consistency is thinner than I imagined it would be, but that's fine. I use it at night after cleansing and sometimes during the day (usually in the morning I just splash water, but sometimes I use a face wash as well).
I focus on my frown lines, forehead, cheek area, and the contour of the chin where I tend to get flaky and dry skin. It makes my skin feel nice and plump, the way it did when I was in my early 20s. So far it's a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 8:29:00 AM More reviews by Roxas1234530

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One thing that confuses me about this product, On the bottle it says it is for "normal to dry skin" but on CeraVe's website they say this is for oilier skin...

Anyways, on to the review.

I am on a topical prescription acne medication and .1% tazorac gel. As you can imagine my skin is a little dehydrated and dry, but I am clear! I now deal with dehydrated oily skin. My skin is usually just flat out oily when not on topical treatments. I CANNOT use this product when I am not on topical acne medication because it is a little too heavy and gives me clogged pores and blackheads. BUT as of now, this is a lifesaver. This cures my dry skin nicely and does not break me out. When I first used it, my face turned red in color but I decided to continue using this product because I just looked red, no stinging or acne. This red was probably caused by the niancimide in the product, which some people have a really bad reaction too. If you have skin that needs moisture, give this a try it, you might fall in love with it like I did.:)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Fairwinkle

I don't notice any improvement in my skin at all with this product. My face feels the same, (neither dry nor oily) and the only difference is that two days after I used this facial lotion, my nose started to feel really dry and irritated, and I'm starting to form a bit of acne just above my nose. This costed me approximately $15, such a waste, but it's all trial and error I suppose. I definitely won't be using this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2014 4:34:00 AM More reviews by sawny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because of the reviews but it just wasn't good for me. I'm on the hunt for a good lotion but I have oily and acne prone skin. I tried using this several times but I would wake up the next morning to white heads and new break outs.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by beaniejadepop

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a good nightime moisturizer that doesn't clog pores , but I like Neutrogena Moisture better

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by ktraaan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Background info on my skin: I have combination-oily skin leaning more towards oily. I'm in my teens so I do get breakouts but never cystic or moderate, mostly just small tiny comedones around the time of month, yenno what I mean ladies?
I just started venturing into skincare about last year and I basically used exclusively Cetaphil minus the clean and clear morning burst hydrating gel moisturizer. That was my first "gel" moisturizer and I loved the concept so much that I just kept sticking to it. I went camping in July and when I came back my skin freaked out! My forehead (where I rarely break out) was scattered with many tiny whiteheads and bumps. The skincare I was on was not cutting it and 3 weeks later my skin was still as gross as it was before. So I went into my local target about a month ago and picked up the CeraVe Pm facial moisturizer because I did my research and saw that it had a thin gel-cream texture. I used it that night and the next morning BAM my whiteheads were significantly reduced. I used it day and night for a week and now my skin is claritin clear and baby smooth. The hyaluronic acid i find helps clear breakouts as well! Now, my skincare routine is just Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and this, day and night :) Anyone with mild acne should definitely give this a go!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Kawilso28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I was a little hesitant to try this because of the mixed reviews...but it has worked wonders on my skin! I have combination skin...dry because I use retin-a to keep if clear and oily because that's how it naturally is. The cerave is not a mattifying moisturizer, so expect it to make your skin shiny! I use Too Faced Primed and Poreless finishing powder on top of the cerave and it keeps the shine at bay. It doesn't make my skin break out at all. I use it as a day moisturizer and just love it. It's a little bit expensive for a drugstore moisturizer, but worth the cost. I have definitely seen a positive difference in my skin. Highly recommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Roxysurfergrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My experience with this moisturizer:
1. Worked at first but then ended up not being moisturizing enough
2. Didn't cause any breakouts which was a plus
3. It absorbs very quickly into my skin and left no sticky residue

My Skin: My skin is dry/acne prone and I am highly sensitive to the products I put on my face. I also have eczema that can react to irritating sunscreens/moisturizers if I'm not careful. I've recently (within the last yearish) started getting cystic acne along my jawline too.

At first this moisturized my face well enough, but after a week my skin started getting really bad dry patches and this product just wasn't helping. I since then switched to Cetaphil RestoraDerm Skin Restoring Moisturizer and I'm in LOVE with it (I just avoid putting it on my acne as a precaution incase it aggravates it).

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by hussyred

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Was given a sample by my dermatologist. I used it two different times one week apart. Each time I woke up with whiteheads all over my face. I have very challenging, hypersensitive skin. Normally I'll get redness or burning when I can't tolerate a product, not pimples! Will never use again.

My skin is mature, oily in summer - normal in winter. I have lupus and rosacea which make finding products a pain. Although the company says this product is noncomedogenic, it was just the opposite with me. However, I found the AM version of this moisturizer to be just fine. The PM version will never be used again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Erinmh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I have never used a product that has broken me out, but this is the one that does. It feels okay going on, but it is a tad greasy. I tried it a couple of times, and every morning I woke up with more acne. I don't know what it is, I really wanted to like this product after seeing so many people rave about the Cerave brand in general. I ended up returning it and my acne diminished.