CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

3.9

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Niacinamide, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, , Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 2/25/2015 11:28:00 PM

I read many reviews on this cream before buying it and was hoping that I could finally have a HG night cream that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. It cost 14$CAD on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart which I found an attractive price.
Unfortunately as soon as I started using it I began to break out with a shitload of milia which could be attributable to the ingredient cholesterol. I'm not a scientist but perhaps it is not the best moisturizer for sensitive/acne prone skin.
Moisturizing level was meh to be honest. I expect something a bit more rich for a night cream.
I returned it.

on 2/25/2015 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

So I got this on clearance at Target, I never heard anything about this brand so I took a chance. 1st Impression: It is so moisturizing yet so light & it does not feel greasy at all! Over all: I've never tried ANY moisturizer that's this amazing .. i don't know what it has but its clearing up my complexion. I was breaking out badly because I was trying a bunch of makeup products.. this has really been amazing to me. I WILL ALWAYS BUY THIS PRODUCT!

on 2/19/2015 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is my favorite facial moisturizer. it has helped my skin so much. It reduces all irritation and redness. It hydrates incredibly well. It doesn't cause any breakouts. It is a very lightweight texture. I love that it is fragrance free. It does a great job of keeping my skin hydrated that it helps with my fine lines. It is also reasonably priced for the amount you get. Definitely a keeper for my very sensitive skin!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been dealing with horrible facial dryness all winter do to the ridiculous cold and winds and the 2 prescription acne products I have been using. I tried the CeraVe moisturizing cream originally but I found that did not do anything for my face (works great for the body though, but that's another review). After one use the peeling had gone away completely. I'm honestly amazed because I've tried everything but nothing has worked! I use this at night before applying a prescription topical and in the morning before I put on my makeup. This goes under makeup flawlessly! I feel no tightness and there is no peeling all day. The packaging is perfect, I love the tube with the pump. I definitely recommend this if you struggle with dry skin in the winter because it has done wonders for me and I was almost about to give up before giving this a try!

Its been my third day using this moisturizer and it is honestly my favourite beauty product! I have been struggling with breakouts for about 2 years now. I cleanse and exfoliate my skin every night and then apply my moisturizer and it hasn't been working. After the first night of use I woke up to soft, glowing skin and my break out had gone down substantially, now the third day of use my breakout is gone and my skin has never looked better ! This moisturizer is not greasy, in fact it blends right in to your skin as you apply.. I have been using it as a day time moisturizer as well. Have nothing bad to say about this product. Paid about $17.00 for it at Rexall drug store so not a low price point but not high either. I would recommend this to anyone, maybe not someone with dry skin.

on 1/29/2015 11:18:00 PM

So far I am really enjoying this. I've had it for about three days now and I bought it because I read reviews that it moisturize well and absorbs quickly. Well, it does moisturize well, absorbs very quickly, and so far no breakouts! However, it's a bit expensive for the amount you get and I find it weird how the bottle doesn't have a cap on it. I'll continue using it, and if I don't get breakouts, I'll invest in the AM cream and look into some of the other products.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Favourite moisturiser I have ever used! Fair enough with moisturisers I usually stay pretty faithful so I haven't tried too many (usually just brands like nivea and simple), but the MVE delivery technology really does work! It has a delayed reaction and so hydrates your skin in bursts all night - or all day if you use the AM version - and so when I wake up my skin still feels smooth and healthy. My T - zone does get very oily and so I obviously have to put a little less on my nose or it does get a little too greasy, but with the right amount my skin's oil balance feels evened and even dewy! Another what seems to be a miracle at the moment, it didn't irritate my sensitive skin in any way, so it's totally safe to put on skin that acts up with new products. All in all, I've finally found a product I can keep coming back to.

on 1/24/2015 1:26:00 AM

I am 63 years young, with fair skin and green eyes. I grew up in an age that only offered zinc oxide for skin protection, and my siblings and I were constantly being burned by the sun's rays. We grew up in NM, in a mile-high city; and every winter spent every free winter moment skiing at another mile up, in the nearby mountains. As adults, we have all learned to protect our skin from the cancerous rays and have annual visits to our Dermatologist. Biopsies, Mohs surgery, Basal cell & Squamous cell carcinoma are part of our medical records.

My Dermatologist has told me to stay away from all products with the Salicylic Acid - they just burn my skin and irritate it. Several years ago, while I was going through menopause rosacea rashes, he suggested I start using the CeraVe products. They are fantastic! Initially, my skin was so dry, It seemed I could never smooth on too much. I use the PM both in the morning and before going to bed - unless I plan to be outside. Then I use the AM, that has 15 SPF. I have to be very careful with either of them on my nose, or I'll break out. I still have a very oily 'T-zone'.

I also learned about product placement when I switched over to CeraVe. All those products down on the bottom shelves don't pay the stores to "place their product". So if you're seeing products on shelves at eye level, you can be sure you're paying a premium.

I started recommending the CeraVe products to my friends, who recommended them to their daughters (in their 20s & 30s). Everybody is sending back rave reviews. This lotion/cream is a great, light-weight moisturizer; it doesn't irritate your skin; and with a bit of judicious care, won't cause your skin to break out. See my review of CeraVe's face cleansers.

on 1/21/2015 7:05:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I never used to need a facial moisturizer, but as I get older, my skin seems to dry out more easily, especially in the winter. I had been using Clinique Dramatically Different Gel, which worked well, but I felt I needed something a touch more moisturizing, so I decided to give the CeraVe PM lotion a try. Unfortunately, it isn't working for me. My face feels as if there's a film on it four hours after I've applied it, and I think it's making me break out.

on 1/19/2015 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a beautiful moisturizer. Lightweight but hydrating, unscented, very kind on skin. I actually prefer to use this during the day because I use serums/AHA lotion at night. I'd heard the AM version with SPF isn't quite as nice, so anytime I need to go outside I just use SPF on top of it with no bad reactions. It is fairly pricey, especially since 3oz doesn't seem like a ton of product to me, but they promote with coupons every once in a while plus it goes on sale frequently at the drugstore. Will definitely repurchase the next time I can combine a coupon and a sale.