CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

3.9

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Niacinamide, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, , Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 5/27/2015 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I used this on recommendation of my dermatologist, but it made me break out like crazy! Blackheads (which I never get), closed comedones, and two swollen cystic pimples... I thought maybe it was another product I was using, so I stopped using my other products, to no avail. Then I stopped using this, and started my other products again, and I stopped getting any new pimples. I was very upset, as I am VERY acne prone, but my skin beforehand had been mostly clear.

I returned the lotion, switched moisturizers to something without any fatty alcohols, and a few months later, my skin is pretty much perfectly clear and healed. I try to stay away from anything with acne flags in cosdna now.

Beware if you're acne prone or sensitive!

on 5/26/2015 9:39:00 AM

Love it for my combination skin. It's actually a steal considering all the active ingredients in this product. It's not often you see hyaluronic acid in drugstore products. This moisturizer is lightweight yet effective. I use this for day & night.

I used to love this product, but the new packaging seems to have come with a different moisturizer!The new formula is sticky, tacky, pills under makeup, and breaks me out. When I use it, my face is always redder in the morning than the night before. The packaging is pretty good, though. It even locks into place to prevent spillage. However, for the price, it's really ineffective.

on 5/12/2015 1:20:00 AM

I was super excited to try this when I first found it, because I love Cera Ve, the cleansers and the regular moisturizing lotion. But I broke out after one use. Small little pimples in places I never get pimples, so I know it was caused by the lotion. Boo. However, that could've been only because it contains niacinamide and my skin always reacts badly to products with niacinamide (olay anything is a no go for me). So really I should just learn my lesson already and stop trying products with this ingredient. Hope this product works well for people without my sensitivities. :)

on 5/12/2015 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Skip this if you have sensitive skin or (potentially) sulfa allergies. First time I tried it, I turned bright read and my face started burning and itching. I couldn't wash it off fast enough.

on 5/9/2015 2:11:00 PM

Not hydrating enough for skin that is on tazorac .05% and has a damaged skin barrier (I'm talking tight and dry yet oily on top). Causes tons and tons of blackheads on my forehead. My dermatologist recommended this for me and personally I feel like her office has an agenda pushing products that are famously known to clog pores, I'm talking Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, to people who have severe/moderate acne and are super clog prone. In order these are the most hydrating lotions (at least to me) by cerave. The original lotion, the cream, the PM lotion, the baby lotion, the AM lotion.

on 5/8/2015 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Freaking love this! It has all the high end ingredients like hyaluronic acid, niacinamid etc for a freaking awesome price. My skin absorbs this withon seconds and my skin looks like new again the Morning after. In combination with dermalogica exfoliate powder a truly holy grail for me!

My skin has begun to show the dreaded signs of aging thanks to menopause and all the years spent in the sun when I was younger. I use it in the a.m and p.m as well as under makeup. I'm in the process of using a fade cream to help with some melasma. This CeraVe moisturizer has been able to ward off the drying effects of the fade cream and keeps my face hydrated and soft. I haven't had any issues with break outs either.

on 4/29/2015 9:40:00 PM

This stuff is one of the best bargains at the drugstore & also this is why I love makeupalley ... because I never would've tried out a new moisturizer if I didn't see the reviews about it. My skin is combo (oily parts are very OILY thanks mom) and sensitive to the point where pretty much everything lately makes it break out in zits, or dermatitis, or makes my eyes puff up (stress too... And anything with spf). that's why I had to stop using my oil of Olay sensitive spf 15 that I had been using for 10 years (except for that brief re formulation period) my eyes were constantly watering and red and I couldn't figure out why. ANYWAY.... This stuff makes my skin feel so amazing & I've had no reactions to it whatsoever. It feels like an expensive moisturizer you'd get at a dept store & makes my skin look like it used to before 3 kids and the stress and hormones took over lol. Plus it's a pump... Yay! And u can get $7 bottles on Amazon :) (by the way this is only for PM lotion... AM was a hot mess for me so I had to return it)

on 4/24/2015 9:01:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have been using this product for 4-5 months now, and recently repurchased another bottle. I absolutely love this moisturizer, though like others have said, it is not truly that moisturizing if you have pretty dry skin. For really dry skin, I would use something like CeraVe's cream that comes in the tub, which actually works perfectly on both the face and the body. I am currently using Eucerin AtoControl, a heavy face moisturizer at night to combat my dry, post-accutane skin.
I actually use this moisturizer during the morning, not the night, as I find that it is pretty light. It absorbs VERY quickly and doesn't leave behind a residue whatsoever. It feels as if I am just touching my regular skin.
I love the packaging, as it is easy to carry while traveling. One bottle of this lasted me over 3 months, and I was using it then both morning and night, so I would say that the price is definitely worth it.

Popular Moisturizers