CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

3.9

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Niacinamide, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, , Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 3/30/2015 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

perfect amount of moisture for my dry skin! i use 4 pumps, one on each cheek, one on my nose and one on my forehead, then i rub it in. this moisturizer has never done me wrong and i'm currently using it while i recover from the tons of closed comedones trying to switch to cetaphil cream gave me. if your skin needs moisture but not TOO much moisture, you should really try this! only downside is it's not a lot of product for a pretty high price, but it's some good stuff so i think it's worth it.

on 3/27/2015 2:36:00 PM

I use and enjoy several CeraVe products, including the AM moisturizer and the hydrating cleanser. These 2 are staples of my routine and have never given me problems. However, the PM moisturizer caused me to break out due to the niacinamide (I didn't know I had a sensitivity until I tried this). Other than that, it was decently hydrating. I actually still use it sometimes to remove eye makeup. Just throwing out a heads up -- if this makes you break out your skin might not like niacinamide!

on 3/27/2015 12:40:00 PM

I have been looking for a moisturizer that will keep me from getting alligator-nose, but also I have things to consider like my skin is actually considered oily or combo/oily, and I have very sensitive skin that is easily prone to breakouts. I had been using the Oil of Olay moisturizer, but recently it has not been moisturizing enough. Also lately things with an SPF seem to irritate and even burn my skin (it is Wintertime here, or the tail end of Winter when I bought this). So, that all said, granted, I have some issues to consider, so my skin is not really 'normal'.

I found this to be..okay. I think I still need something a little more moisturizing, though. So, I think this might not be moisturizing enough if you have truly 'dry skin'.

I just think this is an 'okay' moisturizer. I do find the price tag to be somewhat steep, this was $10.00 for 3 ounces and the Oil of Olay is less that $7.00 for 4 ounces. And to me, they feel pretty much the same, and perform pretty much the same. Granted this has a pump, but to me, I do not like a pump, because for me, it is harder to control how much is pumped out, so some gets wasted. I know many like pumps, but I am just not a fan. And for the record, I still somehow have some slight burning when this is first applied...Not sure what is up with that, as this does not have the SPF in it-so I 'thought' it would be safe..but, if you've got sensitive skin like me, I thought that was worth mentioning!!

The good thing about this is it did not break me out, and that is also my biggest fear when trying something new. So there is that! ;-)

So, in conclusion, this is not terrible, and I know many of the things are personal quirks, but that is what a review is for!! Just in looking at the whole picture, it just does not knock my socks off or make me go "wow..I want to get this again!!"...I will still use this until I find something better, but I highly doubt I would re-purchase this...Once this is done, if I have not found something that works, I will go back to the Oil of Olay moisturizer.

on 3/27/2015 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Pros:
+ Cheap
+ Moisturizing well
+ Does not cause break out

Cons:
+ Absord slowly -> can't be used before make-up

on 3/21/2015 3:31:00 PM

I apply to my face while still wet, and this plumps my skin and keeps dehydration wrinkles at bay. I use it in the morning, and my sunscreen applies well over it. Currently I'm using Tarte's BB for SS and while I really like it, it will dry out my face and accentuate flakies without a good moisturizer underneath. This does the trick without being too heavy/ greasy.
I like the pump packaging, the only con is that it is hard to tell how much you have left in the bottle.

on 3/21/2015 7:39:00 AM

I have never written a review on ANYTHING before, but felt I had to on this one. This cream literally peeled the skin off my face! My face became bright red on application and by the AM my husband even commented on my sloughing skin. I have always used Clinique Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisturizer, but thought I could save some money with this well reviewed product. WRONG. Three days later my skin is still recovering. I am very fair with sensitive skin, but I've never had a product due anything like this before. I'll be ordering Clinique as soon as I finish this review.

on 3/19/2015 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is my favorite CeraVe moisturizer because my skin loves niacinamide and it has a good amount of it. Sadly all CeraVe products ultimately bother my rosacea, and I believe it is the surfactant quaternary ammonium compound Behentrimonium Methosulphate that irritates my skin and that of many other rosaceans. My skin does much better with CVS CeraVe knockoffs which substitute additional fatty alcohols for the Behentrimonium Methosulphate. If you like the idea of CeraVe but have redness, irritation, or clogging, and don't mind the inclusion of parabens (in both CVS and CeraVe) maybe give one of the CVS versions a try.

on 3/13/2015 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I like it, it goes on light, and makes my skin feel fresh due to it's light texture. In addition to it's ceramides ingredients it also contains niacimide! There is also an am with sunscreen version of this but it's terrible compared to the pm. I rather use this pm lotion under other sunscreen that's how bad the am lotion is. This is the pm lotion.

Pros: Contains niacimide that evens skin tone
contains ceramides
fragrance free
has a light texture
I'ts 3 oz so last a long time
container has a pump

Cons: none

on 3/7/2015 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I like this moisturizer. It's not greasy but it does hydrate and soothe my skin after PM cleansing. Price is right too.

on 3/2/2015 11:43:00 PM

Pros:

- Niacinamide! (4% apparently!!!). The reason I bought this. Niacinamide is a wonderful ingredient, and I wanted to find a way to add it to my routine. I found it helped calm my skin, and was helping with my acne scars and any redness.
- Hyaluronic Acid - as someone with dehydrated skin, this is an ingredient I look for in moisturizers.
- Nice texture. Consistency is between a gel cream and a lotion, and felt nice to apply.
- Fragrance free
- Hygienic pump packaging
- Relatively inexpensive

Cons:

- Clogged up the pores on my forehead. When I finished the bottle, they began to go away.
- Not moisturizing enough for my combo skin in the dry winter air. For me personally, I think this would be a better moisturizer for spring/fall/summer. I wouldn't recommend this for dry skin, except perhaps in warm humid weather. This could be good for oily skin in winter, or even year round.

Conclusion: If this didn't clog my pores, I would give this 5 stars and give up my search for my HG moisturizer. Although it didn't work out for me, I still think it is a really good product and I could see it being perfect for someone else.