September 22, 2014 | 1878 users online

Moisturizers - CeraVe - Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Fairwinkle

I don't notice any improvement in my skin at all with this product. My face feels the same, (neither dry nor oily) and the only difference is that two days after I used this facial lotion, my nose started to feel really dry and irritated, and I'm starting to form a bit of acne just above my nose. This costed me approximately $15, such a waste, but it's all trial and error I suppose. I definitely won't be using this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2014 4:34:00 AM More reviews by sawny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because of the reviews but it just wasn't good for me. I'm on the hunt for a good lotion but I have oily and acne prone skin. I tried using this several times but I would wake up the next morning to white heads and new break outs.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by beaniejadepop

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a good nightime moisturizer that doesn't clog pores , but I like Neutrogena Moisture better

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by ktraaan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Background info on my skin: I have combination-oily skin leaning more towards oily. I'm in my teens so I do get breakouts but never cystic or moderate, mostly just small tiny comedones around the time of month, yenno what I mean ladies?
I just started venturing into skincare about last year and I basically used exclusively Cetaphil minus the clean and clear morning burst hydrating gel moisturizer. That was my first "gel" moisturizer and I loved the concept so much that I just kept sticking to it. I went camping in July and when I came back my skin freaked out! My forehead (where I rarely break out) was scattered with many tiny whiteheads and bumps. The skincare I was on was not cutting it and 3 weeks later my skin was still as gross as it was before. So I went into my local target about a month ago and picked up the CeraVe Pm facial moisturizer because I did my research and saw that it had a thin gel-cream texture. I used it that night and the next morning BAM my whiteheads were significantly reduced. I used it day and night for a week and now my skin is claritin clear and baby smooth. The hyaluronic acid i find helps clear breakouts as well! Now, my skincare routine is just Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and this, day and night :) Anyone with mild acne should definitely give this a go!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Kawilso28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I was a little hesitant to try this because of the mixed reviews...but it has worked wonders on my skin! I have combination skin...dry because I use retin-a to keep if clear and oily because that's how it naturally is. The cerave is not a mattifying moisturizer, so expect it to make your skin shiny! I use Too Faced Primed and Poreless finishing powder on top of the cerave and it keeps the shine at bay. It doesn't make my skin break out at all. I use it as a day moisturizer and just love it. It's a little bit expensive for a drugstore moisturizer, but worth the cost. I have definitely seen a positive difference in my skin. Highly recommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Roxysurfergrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My experience with this moisturizer:
1. Worked at first but then ended up not being moisturizing enough
2. Didn't cause any breakouts which was a plus
3. It absorbs very quickly into my skin and left no sticky residue

My Skin: My skin is dry/acne prone and I am highly sensitive to the products I put on my face. I also have eczema that can react to irritating sunscreens/moisturizers if I'm not careful. I've recently (within the last yearish) started getting cystic acne along my jawline too.

At first this moisturized my face well enough, but after a week my skin started getting really bad dry patches and this product just wasn't helping. I since then switched to Cetaphil RestoraDerm Skin Restoring Moisturizer and I'm in LOVE with it (I just avoid putting it on my acne as a precaution incase it aggravates it).

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by hussyred

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Was given a sample by my dermatologist. I used it two different times one week apart. Each time I woke up with whiteheads all over my face. I have very challenging, hypersensitive skin. Normally I'll get redness or burning when I can't tolerate a product, not pimples! Will never use again.

My skin is mature, oily in summer - normal in winter. I have lupus and rosacea which make finding products a pain. Although the company says this product is noncomedogenic, it was just the opposite with me. However, I found the AM version of this moisturizer to be just fine. The PM version will never be used again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Erinmh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I have never used a product that has broken me out, but this is the one that does. It feels okay going on, but it is a tad greasy. I tried it a couple of times, and every morning I woke up with more acne. I don't know what it is, I really wanted to like this product after seeing so many people rave about the Cerave brand in general. I ended up returning it and my acne diminished.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by adavi0140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

When I used it, it definitely made my skin feel nice and soft and really cut the redness. It had a light texture and sunk in fast. It didn't feel heavy and didn't ball up at all, which is a huge plus for me. Unfortunately, it broke me out, so it went in the bin.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

So far, I haven't been impressed with this moisturizer. I like the consistency and how creamy it feels going on, but after it sinks in, I feel like my skin gets dry and dull. I have to use 3 or 4 pumps for each application even after I use the CeraVe hydrating cleanser. That is quite a bit for each application considering the bottle is so small. Since switching to these two products, my chin has started acting up a bit. They are very small red breakouts, but clustered. I have had trouble with this area for a long time and some products make it worse than others. This combination seems to irritate my chin area.

UPDATE: It has been about a month since I've used this moisturizer. I quite using the hydrating cleanser all together and the texture and breakouts have improved a lot. I still have some small red spots on my chin. I do feel my skin isn't as dry after putting this on, like it used to be. I will probably finish the bottle and reassess.