October 24, 2014 | 936 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - 030 Platinum Glimmer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Ha, this is another one of those overlooked underdog eyeshadows. Probably like no people will read this review because this is a product that nobody really notices in the drugstore or Makeupalley. Why am I even bothering reviewing this? Because it's an awesome product, ohmygod!! This eyeshadow is one of Revlon's Satin eyeshadows, and it's very impressive. It is a gunmetal grey color, similar to Urban Decay Gunmetal (except much cheaper!). It is very silky to apply and is a great crease shade for more intense looks, but it can be manipulated to use in the daytime. I especially love the reflective property of this eyeshadow- no need to use it wet! With primer and a light silver eyeshadow, this product will work WONDERS with smoky eyes. It is also quite cheap- discontinued idk but I got one for $2- normally it'd be like $5. You get a ton of eyeshadow for the money, and a little goes a very long way. Definetely recommending this to people!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 6:42:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

Very wearable gunmetal shade with a satin finish. Texture is smooth, pigmented and blends easily. A lot of gunmetal shades appear too metallic/frosty on me but this shade has a nice balance of black and silver. Pairs well with a deep gray or soft black in the crease like Mac Typographic.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by rikkic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

WOW. This is so smooth and pigmented. Not even from MAC or Urban Decay have I seen a gunmetal grey this fantastic. I have Urban Decay's S&M and Gunmetal eyeshadows and they do not compare to this! Buy this, it's so cheap for the amount of product and quality!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by DarkGlamour17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love love LOVE this eyeshadow!!! It's a deep gumental but it doesn't look too dark. It's beautiful! Fortunately I got it on sale for $2, it's normally $5. I love it and would definitely buy it again! A piece of advice when putting it on wet the shadow first it looks better that way :D hope this helps!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2010 8:43:00 AM More reviews by layzeex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The other day I was in CVS and I had saw that Revlon had just come out with a few new products, and decided to pick up Platinum Glimmer, Glistening Snow, and Brushed Copper. I haven't purchased drugstore products for awhile, so I figured I'd try it out to see how they compared to my HE stash of eyeshadows. Glistening Snow and Brushed Copper were just chunks of glitter, *completely* lacking in pigment, with no lasting power whatsoever. However, this shade was another story.

Color: The color is a gray/platinum with noticeable blue-ish undertones (the blue tones becomes more apparent when used wet).
Texture: This is a Satin finish (they also have Perle & Matte). It's super creamy & extremely blendable.
Pigmentation: This eyeshadow is really, really pigmented. No problem getting the color to show up, dry or wet.
Lasting power: Lasts fairly well, but I always make sure to use a primer anyway.

It goes so well with my other grays to create the most beautiful smokey eyed look. I also used this as a liner and it worked wonderfully. This far exceeded my expectations. Of the three, this is the only one I kept and the only one I'd recommend. Two thumbs up, Revlon!