October 25, 2014 | 1529 users online

Fragrances - Lavanila - Vanilla Passion Fruit

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 4:39:00 AM More reviews by eyegu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The best perfume line eve

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by violetnights

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has been my daily go-to fragrance for two years now, and I anticipate that it will continue to be so for the foreseeable future. I almost don't want to review it because I don't want it to become too popular and common, (hehe). First of all, a quality vanilla scent has almost universal appeal (especially for men, woot!) Note I said quality, this does not have the cheapo musty or sugary sweet smell that some other vanilla fail fragrances have. It is subtle yet you can easily name it as vanilla. As the name suggests, it also is a bit fruity; I honestly have never smelled a real passion fruit so I can't compare it to the real thing but it smells a bit like peaches and pears. Again, not teeny bopper sweet, as it is balanced with the sandalwood perfectly. This fragrance is perfection and I hope it makes it into their permanent collection. Lasts about 2 hours before it gradually and inevitably fades. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by ParisTroika

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It is not very often, even being the perfume lover I am, that I come across a fragrance I absolutely must have. I've had one or two fragrances where that has been the case (Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere is one of these, along with Tiffany), and now I must add a third to that list. This luscious, warm-yet-light vanilla is accented with passion fruit and peach. The fruit is the most noticeable element in this fragrance, unlike some of the other scents in the line that have a more equal footing with the vanilla. The peach is a lovely addition to this, which tones down the passion fruit, so as not to be overwhelmingly sweet or fruity. The peach and vanilla surface on the dry down for me, and the passion fruit fades into the cast and its rightful supporting role. The warmth in this scent comes from the sandalwood, which isn't overpowering, but supports the vanilla in such a lovely way. Be sure and try this even if you aren't a sandalwood fan. This scent is pure, not laced with chemical or artificial notes unlike those of more expensive and more well-known luxury names. But I adore this. I plan on getting the largest bottle with the body butter, and am so very pleased I've found my scent for now..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by traes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oddly enough, I get nothing fruity or tropical in this. Soooo disappointed. All I've smelled is a musky, drugstore vanilla. Tenacious stufff too. Still hanging on, ten hours later, even after I tried to scrub it off. My six year old said I smelled really good though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Dimplesgalore

I just bought 5 of the Lavanila perfumes. Not the big bottles, I'm not make of money...I got the 4 mini bottles and also got a rollerball of this one. I sampled them all at sephora, on the tester strips, and after smelling this one I grabbed a box. I could not believe how intensly I was drawn to this scent.

I am not very good at discribing perfumes, but I will try.

This has just the right amount of fruity-ness with out giving my nose a zing. I had a passion fruit vine in my yard for years and this hits the fragrance dead on, with a slight peachy feel as well. There are definit vanilla tones, but every time I sniff it I have to ask myself what is that lovely smell? Then I remember what Im wearing and I can clearly smell the vanilla, not a cookie, or the fake candle smell. Its just lovely vanilla with a fruity floral helper. Again, not your usual fruity, or floral for that matter, but a beautiful blend that makes my skin smell wonderful!

This may just be my HG. To bad its limited edition. I'll be stocking up soon.

Some others have said the bottles are a bit boring. I think that the packaging is wonderfuly simplistic. This perfume doesnt need an over the top bottle. Other perfumes come in ornate bottles because they have to make up for the less than satisfactory liquid they hold. I like they clean lines and un-cluttered design.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Nightlilly89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i stay away from all perfumes because of the toxicity, and am trusting that lavanila is more natural. The smell is not overwhelming, & i'm absolutely in love with it. Best out of all the other scents IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by kellir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Can I tell you how happy I am that I found this product? It just smells so GOOD! I like that it has healthier ingredients, I love traditional fragrances too, but as I have gotten a bit older I have grown EXTREMELY sensitive to most synthetic fragrances. This is one of the very few delicious smelling fragrances that I can wear without a throbbing headache & sneezefest. I like a sweeter scent, it is sweet, but I don't find it cloying in the way other vanilla/fruit based scents can be. It is soft and sexy, and somehow refreshing @ the same time. To the reviewers who felt it smelled like cheap body spray: It could just not agree with your body chemistry. There have been perfumes that I LOVED on other people, but when I tried to wear them, smelled like RAID! lol I know it's limited edition, but I hope that changes. I think I am gonna try the coconut one from Lavanila next:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by myolderbrother

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is very much like Hanae Mori Butterfly with the delightfully happy juices of passion fruit, guava, and peach. The gorgeous Lavanila vanilla accentuates and softens the succulent fruit, making the beautiful blend soft, elegant, and decadent. I adore this line and this awesome uplifting scent is just fantastic! This is currently a limited edition and I'm hopeful this will be a regular perfume in the Lavanila lineup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 1:14:00 PM More reviews by georton

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to agree, this is just lovely for those days that you feel like wearing something sweet and a little fruity. It's my favorite of the line and actually my favorite of that category of fragances. I find that it lasts quite well and I don't feel like it's too strong for those around me. I would highly recommend it..if you like Butterfly, Champagne Sugar or even Betsy Johnson-type..it's kinder and gentler. It is a little pricey though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2010 6:35:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This really is a beautiful scent. I usually don't do fruity or tropical, but somehow the blend in this scent does not suggest that. It starts out rather sweet, not sticky teenage sweet, but fresh fruit sweet. That seems to disappear quickly, and what's left is a soft vanilla with some pear, which makes a surprisingly nice blend. It isn't long lasting. I purchased the set with the body butter, and layering helps a bit, but it still does not last as long as something this pricey (less one lippie). I was also disappointed it was an LE and there was not a shower gel to match, so I ended up the purchasing the Pure Vanilla gel. It's nice enough that I'll keep using. I just wish it was a little stronger and long lasting, given the price.