December 22, 2014 | 1686 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - EverStrong Hydrating shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by phenry5718

1. The aroma of it. Amazeballs (yes I said it)
2. How my hair feels after using the shampoo and conditioner. Totes-ma-gotes amazeballs
3. I can't wait to shower to use it. Like, I would shower twenty times a day if I could. I would bathe in it. Loooooove it

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by StefyD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this. Plain and simple. This product rivals many expensive brands and I am so happy to have found this. However I just learned that it's been discontinued. I picked this up at target on clearance for under $4. When I saw that I decided to try it. I used it once and fell in love. It has a rich luxurious lather and the smell is AMAZING. It left my hair so soft and silky. I have oily hair and it kept my hair cleaner and fresher longer than any clarifying shampoo. I plan on stocking up on this whereever I see it because I truly am obsessed with this product. I'm so sad it's being discontinued. I'd snatch this up if you can find it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Beaner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I seem to be in the minority but I'm not a fan of this shampoo. There must be something in here that is a lathering agent because I get a big head of foam. When I rinse my hair, it seems slightly weighed down with some kind of residual coating. It doesn't make my hair feel any more hydrated than similar shampoos. Even after using my favorite conditioner, my hair just doesn't feel right. I'm usually a reviewer that tries to give a product a fair shot but I can't find any redeeming qualities with this shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2013 5:30:00 AM More reviews by pickles945

After reading about how terrible sulfates are terrible for your hair, I have been exploring sulphate-free shampoos. This shampoo is very good! The rosemary and juniper scent is refreshing without overpowering the smell of the other products I use in the shower.

After thoroughly wetting my hair, I squeeze an olive-sized amount of shampoo into my balm and lather into wet hair. Massaging this into the scalp deeply cleanses the roots, and also gives yourself a nice little head massage to relax. One thing to remember is that this shampoo will not lather up like normal shampoos - it's sulfate free remember? But this does not mean your hair won't feel squeaky clean afterwards.

Once rinsed, I like to let my hair air dry, and the end result is so very good. My hair (which is quite fine, but thick in terms of quantity) feels light, hydrated, and not greasy at all.

I happened across this one while travelling through Singapore (cannot find it in Hong Kong), and have now finished this. If I find it, I will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by nuchsrisa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just started using this product and it works so well. I was using another loreal shampoo anyway so my hair didn't change dramatically. I notice that it's very gentle, yet cleanse very well. My hair feels softer and shiner. It smells very botanical, I like it. You only need a tiny bit for it to foam up your whole head. I litterally use like 5-8 drops and I have long hair (middle of my back) and my hair is thick as well. I love love love it. but next time I'm gonna get the reconstucting one cuz i have split ends. The packaging is great. The product is not runny or thick, just right. I really recommend it! even for oily haired peeps.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 7:03:00 AM More reviews by DidiVixen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Where the h*** have I been? Living under a rock? How did I not get on this sulfate-free train earlier than this. This stuff is great!!!
Background: I'm Asian with jet black thick straight hair. But of course I had to go and put my hair through all things you can do to your hair. Dye, Perm, Bleach, get it relaxed, Highlights, you name it. So two years ago I had golden brown mane with blonde highlights ans was using Joico K-Pak and Tigi Bed Head Dumb Blonde in rotation. Then about a year ago I started color glossing my bleached blonde hair back to brown, and still was using Dumb Blonde because I overstocked it (nice..) and was wondering why my hair lost the brown color gloss so soon after each application. So, back in May this year I decided all that chemical processes had made my hair thinner and I love that full bodied look. So what did I do? I got extensions!!! Not for the length because my natural hair is now half way down my back, but for volume. Using sulfate-loaded Dumb Blonde shampoo with Kerastese's pink hair mask (for colored hair)... results = my color glossed brown hair went lighter than my brown extensions after a few washes. Made my hair look uneven.. like a skunk! So I took out my extensions recently, got brown color gloss done again, and put brown extensions back in. I decided Dumb Blonde was not going to suffice any longer. I read up how to take care of extensions (and my real hair which was losing color way too soon) and found this whole sulfate-free thing. Tried it, loved it!!! Both my real hair and extensions are much softer and moisturized than when I was using the stupid sulfate fueled shampoo which stripped my color gloss and left my extensions so frizzy and dry. Price is much cheaper too and this Everstrong shampoo can be found at the local supermarket so a big plus!

So in summary, a big YES to sulfate-free shampoo for color and extensions' sake.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 8:15:00 AM More reviews by hye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been on a mission to grow my hair nice and long. Currently my favourite shampoo is joico but i like to switch it up so i bought this and the conditioner on a whim when i was at the supermarket.

This as a set, is not cheap for a supermarket shampoo and conditioner so i did expect it to perform better. Do i expect it to perform like joico and other professional haircare brands! No. This is a supermarket shampoo so i will judge it in comparison to other shampoos on this sort.

In terms of performance, my hair definitely felt smoother when i blow dried it. I have used pantene and the like and my hair typically tangles during this process so this is certainly a positive. My hair looked shiny and smooth but could definitely have felt softer and more hydrated.

I also like the lather of this product as it is very creamy and feels nice in the shower. Another fact i like is the packaging as i am a fan of tubes.

What i dont like is the scent as it does smell a bit like aftershave but other than that it is a great shampoo and conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2013 4:02:00 AM More reviews by FloralRed

I quite like this shampoo, and I chose it because it is sulfate free. It also states that it's 100% vegan. In comparison to Mane and Tail's shampoo, this is MUCH more gentler on my scalp and my hair. I don't feel the power of what sulfate does when it strips away your hair's oils, leaving it unmanageable when wet. With this shampoo my hair feels clean and slippery soft. When it's dry I do notice that my hair is softer, stronger, and healthier. I shampoo my hair every other day, and of course the day I don't shampoo my hair the natural oils make my hair look a little more oily, but it's not too bad as long as I give my scalp a good massage in the shower. The price is a little expensive, but worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Jesssicca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

first of all the smell is amazing! i love both the shampoo and conditioner for this line! i have very thin, damaged and dry straight/wavy hair that tends to frizz and i even let it air dry after i tried this product and it was so smooth and felt soft and healthy after one use! its fairly expensive for such a small bottle but i am very happy with the results and would purchase it again despite the price

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I bought my tube of Everstrong after chatting with a lovely lady I work with who'd tried it and thought it had improved the condition of her hair. My tube came from Boots and cost 5.99GBP, which although might seem a little steep for a drugstore shampoo, is still in the same price range as Tresemme and Pantene. EVERSTRONG Hydrate is specifically aimed at 'strength and vitality' and contains botanical oils including rosemary and mint.

On first using this I can't say I was overly impressed. This stuff is REALLY thick and a little goes a l-o-n-g way, meaning you don't need much at all. You wash your hair with it as you usually would and I was surprised at how much foam there was considering it's sulphate free. However, there was one major downside for me - the smell. It's not enough to put me off using it, but the scent is definitely more on the medicinal side which won't be to everyone's taste. Luckily though, once you've rinsed your hair thoroughly the smell doesn't seem to linger, and if like me you tend to use conditioner and other styling products afterwards, I doubt very much if you'll be able to smell it on your hair during the day.

The first few times I used this it did feel like my hair hadn't been washed properly; it felt like there was some kind of film on my hair, making it feel dirty. I can only assume this is because it doesn't strip your hair like a shampoo containing sulphates would, so you don't get that squeaky clean feeling after use. I persevered though and after a few weeks use my hair definitely seemed to be in better condition. I certainly didn't notice as much breakage, my hair appeared to be smoother and softer and it didn't seem to take as long to style in the mornings either.

Although I'm not keen on the smell of this one, I would repurchase. Boots and Superdrug both do regular offers on branded shampoos, so if you want to try it and you live in the UK there's sure to be some deal on somewhere.