Maybelline EyeStudo Color Plush Quad- Sunset Seduction

3.5

on 9/5/2013 9:29:00 PM

The shadows are definitely not pigmented enough for me. This quad is definitely for natural/ casual days.

on 3/9/2012 12:47:00 PM

This is alright. I like the two brown shades a lot where I don't really like the highlighter and the pinky orange shade. They blend pretty well and it's easy to get the desired look the kit promises to give you. Mostly for me it's color issue not a quality issue. I didn't love the packaging though because it doesn't seal tightly and there is gap for dust dirt and air to constantly get into it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I saw these eyeshadows and thought that the combination of colors would be beautiful together. Unfortunately they get muddy if worn without primer. The darkest brown is kind of chalky, and the peach color isnt that pigmented. The highlight color is pretty and iridescent. The only color that I use is the taupe color. The packaging is flimsy and one of the shadows broke. I wont repurchase

on 7/8/2011 4:54:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I bought this because I loveee the peach color.

But the shades aren't pigmented AT ALL, even on my super pale skin, and even with a wet brush. But if you are fair skinned, it gives a nice subtle, natural shimmer to your eyes.
The staying power is also awful. Even with a primer (too faced shadow insurance, and urban decay) it only stayed on for half the day, then I had to do serious touch-ups. And if you have watery eyes forget about it!
Disappointing.

I love that it doesn't have fallout, it's sadly my favorite thing about this. And the glitter isn't huge, more of a shimmer.

I just wish it was more pigmented

on 3/29/2010 10:54:00 PM

Nice neutral shades for my brown eyes. A whiteish-cream, light peach, light brown taupe, and dark copper brown. They look very shimmery in the pan, but the top layer of shimmer comes off when you apply them, so they are more subtle when applied. These work best wet. The dark brown makes a good liner, the taupe or peach is good for the lid.
EDIT: Though I like the colors of this, I wouldn't buy again, because they fade fast and the pigment is just fair.

on 3/7/2010 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Very silky, medium to high shimmer (depending on quad), lovely shades. Great as an everyday eye look. They apply like a dream and don't crease over a primer. However, Sunset Seduction runs on the light side (shade-wise) for me so took some layering to get them all to show the way I wanted. And unfortunately, as pretty as they are, they're still too similar to many other shades I own in various brands so I returned this until I use those up, but the new Eye Studio line is definitely worth checking out. These are nothing like the old Maybelline e/s.

on 2/17/2010 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've been loving this quad. The shades are:
White w/pink shimmer (compared to Vanilla pigment, nowhere nears as shimmery, golden & complex but still nice)
Very nice peach (I don't have any other peaches to compare it to)
Taupe (warmer & darker than CG Tapestry Taupe)
Med warm brown (I don't have anything similar)

All are shimmery but its not OTT.

on 1/24/2010 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This new eyeshadow quad is a huge step up from Maybelline's old quads! The colors are pigmented but shimmery! This particular set has a shimmery white all over highlight, a warm pink with gold reflects for the lid, a pretty shimmery taupe, and a dark brown liner/crease shade. The eye look this makes is very pretty, and it was easy to do. However, this pink is pretty warm for my cool complexion so I blended the taupe over it to make it more wearable. I think the pink quad in this collection may be more suited to cool skin tones so I'll get that one next. Great job Maybelline on your new great eyeshadow!