Coty Inverse by Kylie Minogue

on 4/20/2010 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

INVERSE is the first EDT for men under the Kylie Minogue brand. I'd say the fragrance is more unisex (Kylie's sister Dannii has said that she wears INVERSE herself). INVERSE opens with a tart and refreshing blend of lavender and coriander, before quickly settling into a spicy warmth. For me the cinnamon note over took the other spices and florals - not that I'm complaining. I love cinnamon.

The cinnamon notes stays though the base too, so I could only get a hint of cedar and amber. This is another plus for me as the patchouli note is hidden.

Scent notes; Lavender, coriander, cardamom, pepper, cinnamon, star annis, mandarin, nutmeg, Tonka, heliotrope, labdanum, cedar, amber, patchouli.

I found INVERSE to have a lively personality, hence it's much more enjoyable then Kylie's fragrances for women. I'm not sure if INVERSE is a LE or if it's a standard release. I've read conflicting reports. So if you like it, it may be worth picking up a few bottles when/if you come across it - just in case.

As you'll expect for a Kylie/Coty collaberation, the staying power is not good. It outlasts her womens releases, but not by much. I wouldn't buy a bottle because of this.

Popular Fragrances