September 2, 2014 | 1556 users online

Hair Treatments - Earth Science - Deep Conditioning Masque

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 4:00:00 AM More reviews by april1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Hands down best deep conditioner I've used, but I actually use it as my daily conditioner. By comparison, I've tried nearly every high end line from Kerastase to Shu Uemura to everything French/Italian and fancy.

This...this makes my hair smooth and soft and cures its unruliness. My barometer for how well a conditioner will work is how my hair feels as it's rinsing out. This conditioner feels smooth as silk during the rinse and makes my mop tangle-free. And....it's made in my own back yard (well, right up the street in Santa Barbara).

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2012 11:12:00 AM More reviews by inouerinn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

upon purchasing my second tube of this hair masque, i found that they have reformulated the ingredients:
Olive & Avocado Deep Conditioning Masque
(INCI): Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Amodimethicone, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Panthenol, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Hydrolyzed Silk Protein, Olea Europea (Olive) Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cetyl Esters, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum).
the ingredient disodium EDTA was removed from the formulation.
for me, i want my shampoo and or conditioner to contain chelating agent such as (EDTA, phytic acid or sodium phytate) because chelating agents remove hard water 'deposits' from hair such as chlorine.
why do they always reformulate something i love and turn it into a mediocre product?

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

nothing special to be honest...my hair feels soft but i noticed the very next day, it feels really dry...this doesnt happen with terax crema or l'oreal ever creme...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by hnrenfro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mask<3 i just found it at my local organic market i usually used kenra joico redken and a few organic products here and there because i have to style my hair to get it how i want it. this mask smells closly like joicos revitaluxe treatment! its only 5$ so i had to try it and i have to say i was pleasently surprised. this didnt make my hair poffy like masks can ussually do, i love the fact that it doesnt have parabens or the dredded GLYCERIN my hair cant stand glycerin it completly dries out my hair. this is a thick mask so it actually stays in my hair when i leave it on for an hour or so. doesnt melt out like other treatments<3 so im very happy with it so far. i will update my review

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2010 5:41:00 AM More reviews by valentina555

this has worked for me just as well as my "beloved" kerastase (masquintense and masque oleo relax slim).

EDITED - i may think it's actually even better. it's richer. unusual to find a natural product that is so effective.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by aporia

I wasn't very impressed with this conditioner. It made my hair fluffy and flyaway--I was hoping for silky and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 5:59:00 PM More reviews by debstar75

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree, this stuff IS great! It's actually creamier & provides more moisture than my previous faves (Neutrogena and Frederic Fekkai). It's so thick and rich that it takes awhile to rinse out, which may be the only drawback. I love that it comes in an upside-down squeeze tube instead of a tub, since it's more hygienic & easier to get the product out. The natural ingredients are also a plus, and the price can't be beat! I would highly recommend this.

Here are the ingredients:
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Amodimethicone, Trideceth 12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Panthenol, Persea Gratissima Avocado Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Olea Europa (Olive) Oil, Hydrolyzed Silk Protein, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cetyl Esters, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2010 4:16:00 PM More reviews by dani_guru

This stuff is GREAT!! I have relaxed African American hair this masque provides moisture without weighing it down. My hair is bouncy and shiny. Awesome price too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 9:07:00 AM More reviews by iluvboyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am a hair treatment junkie. If you check out all my reviews for hair you will see I have tried a ton! I have long platinum blonde hair that needs moisture. I try to take the best care of my hair to keep it healthy! My friends mom sells this and gave me a sample. I left this on for almost two hours with a shower cap. Amazing results! This left my hair shiny, not weighed down, extremely soft and my ends looked moisturized. This comes out extremely thick which I love so it doesn't run everywhere and it stays on your hair. The smell is just a clean smell. Has amazing ingredients in it, contains olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil and hydrolyzed silk protein. I will be buying this for sure. Great product!!:)