August 29, 2014 | 1890 users online

Concealers - rms beauty - "Un" Cover-Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by racistpretzels

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This concealer is HUUAHHFGU

Translation: Terrific in just about every aspect possible.

The creamy formla spreads like fluffy butter (grass-fed, of course), the coverage is astonishing, and the ingredients are cleaner than Danny Tanner's bedroom. The cute little pot is so convienent for not taking up much space in a makeup bag, and last for 6+ months. This saved my life when I had pretty bad cystic acne and scarring, and though a lot of that has cleared now, still helps a bunch with my horrid under-eye circles. I can't honestly say anything about creasing for I am a teenager with thankfully still youthful skin.

For $36 this is definitely not cheap, but the quality of the product is worth it IMO.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

This is a beautiful product with excellent ingredients. I got number 22 which is roughly an NC25 in MAC shades. The formula was very pigmented, lightweight and wore well on the skin. A little goes a very long way and you can easily use it all over your face for a sheer foundation.

Unfortunately, I am extremely sensitive to coconut oil and I had to discontinue use of this product. My skin started to get congested in areas around my mouth, eyes and nose and this was the only new product I added to my MU routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Makeup_Obsessed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am so impressed with this product. I am new to organic products, and after not being able to find an organic tinted moisturiser with spf that I was happy with, I decided to get a foundation instead. I tried Kjaer Weis first, but it was not a good fit for a number of reasons.

This product is wonderful. I am olive skinned but relatively fair and I found that 22 was a perfect match.
1. You could not see any difference in my skin colour from the product.
2. It evens out my tone while still being sheer enough to look natural.
3. I love the dewy natural feel of the product and the glowing look it gives.
4. I can use it as a foundation, a concealer, under my eyes, a primer on my eyes and apply it heavier over any spots.
5. Yes, it can crease if you are a bit wrinkly. It fades a little after the better part of the day, but I would prefer that than having my face caked in make-up that lasts only a couple of hours longer.

I am 42 now. I find that as I get older, cream based products which are more sheer look best. There is nothing worse than an old lady with heavy make-up, it is just so ageing and unattractive. This makes me look more youthful without looking like a mutton dressed up as lamb. I spent my 30's working my way through scores of products from high-end brands. This is what makes this product even more amazing. It is innovative, excellent quality and well priced while protecting my health. Well done RMS, this is one of the best things I have ever tried.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Mackee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this concealer in the lightest shade -- 00 -- as my skin is incredibly fair. It is also more neutral-warm in tone & this shade blends seamlessly (literally!) with my skin. No more continual powder touch-ups during the day with this concealer! To me, that's pretty priceless, so I do not mind shelling out extra for this little pot of wonder!! LOVE.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by cherries23

if you are a fan of the modern non foundation look, hands down this is my favorite choice.But this si not the main reason I like it.I used to have a hormonal cystic acne and convetional make up made it worse.After a long research and a couple of years on the search for the 'perfect' foundation i found it and it was a love from first sight since it made my skin look natural and it didnt irritated it.After i started wearing it and I started cleaning my face with oils my acne gradually faded away.
I have it in the colors 22 and 33.Both have yellow undertones,but 33 fits me perfectly when i have a little tan in the summer.It has been very hard for me to find a foundation that matches my skin ,but this one does.I have light -medium skin with olive undertones and 33 blends beautifully.
I have oily skin and It wears out in 6-7 hours,but on other skin types it may last longer.It is amazing as a summer make up...or make up you can wear on the beach.It looks beautiful,natural on the skin and comes ot great in pictures.I think it is a very innovative as na idea to use raw oils in make up and I think that it is great for girls who like the natural look and doesnt want to destroy their skin with all the chemicals from other foundations.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by littlemissmagic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG. I love the slightly yellow-toned shades which perfectly cover redness, but are still neutral enough to also cover bluish under eye shadows. This stays perfectly in put, and doesn't settle into lines or pores, or crease around the sides of my nose. In fact, it's the only concealer that doesn't completely dry my skin out! (I have oily-combination skin, but all concealers incl. Bobbi Brown, Bourjois, MAC dry my skin out!)

I also sheer this out all over as a foundation, for which purpose I love. I always apply with my fingers, which is the application method I just enjoy the most. I set with Un Powder, and I think my skin looks very real, and it just feels great. It doesn't feel like I'm wearing makeup. My skin doesn't look oily, or dried out -- there's a definite glow, and I think it looks natural and pretty!

Can't live without this little pot!! I love the coconut oil base, which doesn't clog my pores. The product glides over my skin, and I can't live without it. Everyone needs to try this!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by meumar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in 33, and I'm about an NC40 with warm,tan skin - the colour is a good match for me. I'd give this an overall rating of 2.5.

Honestly I'm not really sure what to say about this product - I like the coverage and finish initially - it's got fairly high pigmentation, does a good job of covering dark circles, and has a very emollient, dewy finish which is nice for my very dry skin. Also I wore this and nothing else for a dinner party, and my mom complemented me on the way my skin looked that night - she thought I had no makeup on.

On the other hand, on me, this product creases almost immediately - I have creasing about 5 minutes after applying even when I set with powder. As I mentioned, I have dry skin and I usually don't have issues with products migrating or creasing. In addition, the product is extremely expensive - it's over $40 I think in Canada, and it's a tiny pot that gets used up quite quickly - I'm probably a third of the way through, and I haven't been using the concealer regularly.

Due to the creasing issues, I don't really find myself trusting this enough to use it very often and I don't think I would repurchase. So far I've only used it during the summer though, so I'll give it a try during the winter to see if there is any improvement in longevity.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2013 4:36:00 AM More reviews by kponce007

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It is an expensive product, but I had heard great things about it so I was willing to spend. First off, the packaging bothers me because a jar isn't hygienic...especially for a product meant to cover up blemishes. Second, I guess I should have paid more attention to the ingredients and ignored the reviews. The first ingredient is coconut oil...I know some people swear by this but any oil added isn't the best. 3 different types of oil, wax, and cocoa seed butter=bad news for breakouts. I only used it two days because any blemish I used it to cover up instantly got worse! Anyways, it didn't work for me but it's my fault for ignoring the ingredients list.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by A9M8L

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a good concealer, but not great IMO...the reason I really like it the most is the really good ingredients in it. It can get very oily/greasy looking and isn't super high coverage, but sometimes I don't mind just having a thin layer of this to even things out a bit. You definitely need to use powder over this though. If my skin was better I would probably use this more often, but most of the time I feel more comfortable with a fuller-coverage foundation/concealer. I do think I would repurchase this, just because its nice having products that aren't filled with chemicals to use on days I don't feel like wearing lots of makeup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Artbabe

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was skeptical about this initially (coconut oil?), and purchased a sample in shade 11 (the lightest). It turned out to be a very generous sample, I'm on my 2nd week of using this and no other foundation. I apply sheer layers with my fingers (patting it into my skin), then go over it very lightly with a wide, soft foundation brush. (Apply it heavily, and it will look cakey.) It lasts all day for me, although I use a primer first. I also agree with other reviewers that this is best for dry skin. I'm over 50, and just upped my retin-A percentage, and this looks great when everything else makes my skin look dry and flakey.

I didn't notice a scent, the texture is creamy and blendable, but not greasy. The yellow-ish shade 11 covers up redness very nicely (which is primarily what I use it for) and does seem to "melt" into my skin, as the brand description claims. I definitely plan to buy a full-size pot of this.