February 1, 2015 | 2147 users online

Concealers - rms beauty - "Un" Cover-Up

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2015 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this concealer. Although it is very lightly pigmented ... more of a tint really ... I have found it makes an outstanding eye primer for under eyes. It is very moisturizing, and seems to lock in moisture in skin. I apply my normal eye cream (Eminence Wild Plum eye cream), then apply the rms un-coverup in #11 (nice ivory color for fair-light skin tones), then apply my regular concealer lightly on top (Shiseido stick foundation in Ivory).

Normally any concealer will dry out my under eye area after a few hours and make the little lines look worse, or will look cakey/fake. But when applied over the rms un-coverup, my concealer stays looking smooth and soft all day. The rms un-coverup really seems to create this barrier or layer of moisture that keeps the skin underneath hydrated. Of course, I never ever use powder under my eyes .... it will enhance every line and add 10 years. But I should let you know that after I apply the rms and concealer, it will look shiny for about 5 minutes (it's "setting", don't worry) ... after which time I just gently tap across it with my ring finger, and the shine goes away, but the color and coverage stays.
I really like this concealer, although again, I consider it more of a moisturing tinted primer. Good stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2015 1:52:00 AM More reviews by busan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used this everyday for 2 Ĺ months. I love it and will never go back to using anything else. I use it sparingly under my eyes & as a spot concealer/foundation under my powder. As I get older my skin has become drier and needs a bit more coverage. A little goes a long way. I also have very sensitive skin and have yet to have any issues with blemishes, rashes, or allergic reactions. In the past I have tried all of the department & drug store foundations (Chanel, Clinique, La mer, Bobbi Brown,YSL, La Prairie, Cover Girl, Revlon etc) Yep I've tried them all & wasted hundreds of dollars within the 20+ years I have been wearing makeup. I was disappointed in all and just settled for the least irritating. My main problem was that either the products would cake around the corners of my nose, crease under my eyes, skin looked flaky or would breakout with an allergic reaction. Once I started using this, people have commented how great my skin looks and some asked if Iím even wearing foundation. Some reviews stated that the pot is unsanitary? Unsanitary compared to cover sticks with wands or brushes you canít wash?? I donít get itÖ.Simply wash your hands prior & use different fingers to redip. Also I think it is a great price point for the ingredients.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2014 7:29:00 AM More reviews by gina2328

Overall, I really like this concealer and I would repurchase. I have been using it for about two months now. I have it in the shade 00 and I use it pretty much as an undereye concealer and a little bit for redness on my nose. It's a pretty good match for NC20/NC15. I was afraid it might be too light but its fine.

I think it has pretty good undereye coverage for dark circles. I love the all natural ingredients, its very clean. The only reason I gave it four stars instead of five is that it creases so I have to apply powder immediately after I apply this product. Even then there may be some creasing. It lasts good throughout the day however.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by hanako283

I am glad I got to try a sample of this before purchasing it. The idea is wonderful -- all natural, cruelty-free, beautiful dewy concealer that makes you look like an angel. It covered my blemishes pretty well, and the finish was lovely. Unfortunately, like all rms beauty products, the main ingredient is coconut oil. Despite what you may read about coconut oil being non-comedogenic, it CAN make you break out. I am one of those who breaks out a lot from coconut oil and this concealer. After 2-3 days of usage, I can definitely see spots in the areas where I applied it. Too bad, because it's incredibly pretty otherwise.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Madera

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

RMS is luxurious and beats and prime and primp by MAC or Touche Eclat by YSL.

It is nice and works well, delivering essential fatty acids into your skin.

Packaging with a white cover is ridiculous. Mine is stained already.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by natedac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a minimalist's must have. It's small and compact, no scent. It makes for a nice finish, and is very lightweight. Perfect coverage if you don't have any acne. Doesn't dry out skin. I use #22, I'm Asian with light tan skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by alina08

I have this concealer in shade 00. It is very yellow for my skin (maybe it would be better on other skin types). It is not as moisturizing as some of the products I have used by Vapour Organic Beauy (Luminous Foundation is very good at covering up imperfections and not caking on). I expected it to blend into my skin more because of the oil content, but it kind of sat on top of the skin. I had to blend it out a lot to look normal. For my skin, this did not offer natural enough coverage so I will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by racistpretzels

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This concealer is HUUAHHFGU

Translation: Terrific in just about every aspect possible.

The creamy formla spreads like fluffy butter (grass-fed, of course), the coverage is astonishing, and the ingredients are cleaner than Danny Tanner's bedroom. The cute little pot is so convienent for not taking up much space in a makeup bag, and last for 6+ months. This saved my life when I had pretty bad cystic acne and scarring, and though a lot of that has cleared now, still helps a bunch with my horrid under-eye circles. I can't honestly say anything about creasing for I am a teenager with thankfully still youthful skin.

For $36 this is definitely not cheap, but the quality of the product is worth it IMO.

UPDATE: This has increased the amount of oil my skin produces tremendously. I look like a shiny trophy after a couple of hours, which is not something I enjoy. A shame indeed that I am reluctant to finish the pot when I payed $36 for this :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

This is a beautiful product with excellent ingredients. I got number 22 which is roughly an NC25 in MAC shades. The formula was very pigmented, lightweight and wore well on the skin. A little goes a very long way and you can easily use it all over your face for a sheer foundation.

Unfortunately, I am extremely sensitive to coconut oil and I had to discontinue use of this product. My skin started to get congested in areas around my mouth, eyes and nose and this was the only new product I added to my MU routine.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2014 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Makeup_Obsessed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am so impressed with this product. I am new to organic products, and after not being able to find an organic tinted moisturiser with spf that I was happy with, I decided to get a foundation instead. I tried Kjaer Weis first, but it was not a good fit for a number of reasons.

This product is wonderful. I am olive skinned but relatively fair and I found that 22 was a perfect match.
1. You could not see any difference in my skin colour from the product.
2. It evens out my tone while still being sheer enough to look natural.
3. I love the dewy natural feel of the product and the glowing look it gives.
4. I can use it as a foundation, a concealer, under my eyes, a primer on my eyes and apply it heavier over any spots.
5. Yes, it can crease if you are a bit wrinkly. It fades a little after the better part of the day, but I would prefer that than having my face caked in make-up that lasts only a couple of hours longer.

EDIT: I wrote this review earlier in the year but thought I would need to update it so people are aware of the full experience. I have tried this product on and off for around 6 months, and it is no co-incidence that within a few days of using it, my skin breaks out in the most horrible cystic pimples. I am 42 and do not suffer acne. I have persisted with this product for so long as it gives such a beautiful finish and didn't want to believe that it was this product affecting my skin.

The next day after using the product, nothing drastic happens, just a few minor irritations. But as the days pass (now day 5), the number of pimples increase and they are incredibly bad, like some spotty kid working at the chicken shop. I have never experienced anything like this. It takes ages for them to clear up and they leave a lot of scarring.

It must be the coconut oil as other have observed. I have tried using it only under my eyes, or as a primer on my eye lids. Both areas leave spots. It is officially useless to me.This is not isolated to the unconcealer, but also the luminizer and eye shadows. If you know your skin is OK with coconut oil, this might work for you, but for anyone who knows their skin won't tolerate it, or think it might not (such as combination skin) avoid it like the plague.

I so wanted to love you, but you are causing too much damage... Goodbye!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No