October 31, 2014 | 1463 users online

Concealers - rms beauty - "Un" Cover-Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by hanako283

I am glad I got to try a sample of this before purchasing it. The idea is wonderful -- all natural, cruelty-free, beautiful dewy concealer that makes you look like an angel. It covered my blemishes pretty well, and the finish was lovely. Unfortunately, like all rms beauty products, the main ingredient is coconut oil. Despite what you may read about coconut oil being non-comedogenic, it CAN make you break out. I am one of those who breaks out a lot from coconut oil and this concealer. After 2-3 days of usage, I can definitely see spots in the areas where I applied it. Too bad, because it's incredibly pretty otherwise.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Madera

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

RMS is luxurious and beats and prime and primp by MAC or Touche Eclat by YSL.

It is nice and works well, delivering essential fatty acids into your skin.

Packaging with a white cover is ridiculous. Mine is stained already.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by natedac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a minimalist's must have. It's small and compact, no scent. It makes for a nice finish, and is very lightweight. Perfect coverage if you don't have any acne. Doesn't dry out skin. I use #22, I'm Asian with light tan skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by alina08

I have this concealer in shade 00. It is very yellow for my skin (maybe it would be better on other skin types). It is not as moisturizing as some of the products I have used by Vapour Organic Beauy (Luminous Foundation is very good at covering up imperfections and not caking on). I expected it to blend into my skin more because of the oil content, but it kind of sat on top of the skin. I had to blend it out a lot to look normal. For my skin, this did not offer natural enough coverage so I will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by racistpretzels

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This concealer is HUUAHHFGU

Translation: Terrific in just about every aspect possible.

The creamy formla spreads like fluffy butter (grass-fed, of course), the coverage is astonishing, and the ingredients are cleaner than Danny Tanner's bedroom. The cute little pot is so convienent for not taking up much space in a makeup bag, and last for 6+ months. This saved my life when I had pretty bad cystic acne and scarring, and though a lot of that has cleared now, still helps a bunch with my horrid under-eye circles. I can't honestly say anything about creasing for I am a teenager with thankfully still youthful skin.

For $36 this is definitely not cheap, but the quality of the product is worth it IMO.

UPDATE: This has increased the amount of oil my skin produces tremendously. I look like a shiny trophy after a couple of hours, which is not something I enjoy. A shame indeed that I am reluctant to finish the pot when I payed $36 for this :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

This is a beautiful product with excellent ingredients. I got number 22 which is roughly an NC25 in MAC shades. The formula was very pigmented, lightweight and wore well on the skin. A little goes a very long way and you can easily use it all over your face for a sheer foundation.

Unfortunately, I am extremely sensitive to coconut oil and I had to discontinue use of this product. My skin started to get congested in areas around my mouth, eyes and nose and this was the only new product I added to my MU routine.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2014 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Makeup_Obsessed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am so impressed with this product. I am new to organic products, and after not being able to find an organic tinted moisturiser with spf that I was happy with, I decided to get a foundation instead. I tried Kjaer Weis first, but it was not a good fit for a number of reasons.

This product is wonderful. I am olive skinned but relatively fair and I found that 22 was a perfect match.
1. You could not see any difference in my skin colour from the product.
2. It evens out my tone while still being sheer enough to look natural.
3. I love the dewy natural feel of the product and the glowing look it gives.
4. I can use it as a foundation, a concealer, under my eyes, a primer on my eyes and apply it heavier over any spots.
5. Yes, it can crease if you are a bit wrinkly. It fades a little after the better part of the day, but I would prefer that than having my face caked in make-up that lasts only a couple of hours longer.

EDIT: I wrote this review earlier in the year but thought I would need to update it so people are aware of the full experience. I have tried this product on and off for around 6 months, and it is no co-incidence that within a few days of using it, my skin breaks out in the most horrible cystic pimples. I am 42 and do not suffer acne. I have persisted with this product for so long as it gives such a beautiful finish and didn't want to believe that it was this product affecting my skin.

The next day after using the product, nothing drastic happens, just a few minor irritations. But as the days pass (now day 5), the number of pimples increase and they are incredibly bad, like some spotty kid working at the chicken shop. I have never experienced anything like this. It takes ages for them to clear up and they leave a lot of scarring.

It must be the coconut oil as other have observed. I have tried using it only under my eyes, or as a primer on my eye lids. Both areas leave spots. It is officially useless to me.This is not isolated to the unconcealer, but also the luminizer and eye shadows. If you know your skin is OK with coconut oil, this might work for you, but for anyone who knows their skin won't tolerate it, or think it might not (such as combination skin) avoid it like the plague.

I so wanted to love you, but you are causing too much damage... Goodbye!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Mackee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this concealer in the lightest shade -- 00 -- as my skin is incredibly fair. It is also more neutral-warm in tone & this shade blends seamlessly (literally!) with my skin. No more continual powder touch-ups during the day with this concealer! To me, that's pretty priceless, so I do not mind shelling out extra for this little pot of wonder!! LOVE.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by cherries23

if you are a fan of the modern non foundation look, hands down this is my favorite choice.But this si not the main reason I like it.I used to have a hormonal cystic acne and convetional make up made it worse.After a long research and a couple of years on the search for the 'perfect' foundation i found it and it was a love from first sight since it made my skin look natural and it didnt irritated it.After i started wearing it and I started cleaning my face with oils my acne gradually faded away.
I have it in the colors 22 and 33.Both have yellow undertones,but 33 fits me perfectly when i have a little tan in the summer.It has been very hard for me to find a foundation that matches my skin ,but this one does.I have light -medium skin with olive undertones and 33 blends beautifully.
I have oily skin and It wears out in 6-7 hours,but on other skin types it may last longer.It is amazing as a summer make up...or make up you can wear on the beach.It looks beautiful,natural on the skin and comes ot great in pictures.I think it is a very innovative as na idea to use raw oils in make up and I think that it is great for girls who like the natural look and doesnt want to destroy their skin with all the chemicals from other foundations.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by littlemissmagic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG. I love the slightly yellow-toned shades which perfectly cover redness, but are still neutral enough to also cover bluish under eye shadows. This stays perfectly in put, and doesn't settle into lines or pores, or crease around the sides of my nose. In fact, it's the only concealer that doesn't completely dry my skin out! (I have oily-combination skin, but all concealers incl. Bobbi Brown, Bourjois, MAC dry my skin out!)

I also sheer this out all over as a foundation, for which purpose I love. I always apply with my fingers, which is the application method I just enjoy the most. I set with Un Powder, and I think my skin looks very real, and it just feels great. It doesn't feel like I'm wearing makeup. My skin doesn't look oily, or dried out -- there's a definite glow, and I think it looks natural and pretty!

Can't live without this little pot!! I love the coconut oil base, which doesn't clog my pores. The product glides over my skin, and I can't live without it. Everyone needs to try this!