Cover Girl TruBlend MINERAL powder foundation

1.2

on 8/29/2013 4:50:00 PM

This foundation has just-ok coverage, but the packaging makes it quite easy to apply and bring with you on the go. It also has parabens, which are a known carcinogen, so I can't imagine why they are still producing this... Would recommend L'Oreal or Maybelline mineral foundations, which don't have parabens.

on 3/17/2011 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Worst foundation/powder I've ever tried. I'm pretty sure this will never work for anyone, bad finish, wares off with 10 minutes, feels heavy, messy packaging, dries skin, doesn't seal, breaks me out. Everything is wrong.

on 3/16/2011 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

ugh! worst foundation i ever tried! i returned it like two days after my purchase. its very messy, once you open it the powder will explode everywhere. plus theres ALOT of glitter. its very hard to apply since its so messy and its difficult to get the right amount on my face. i would NOT recommend this at all.

on 12/12/2010 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Awful! This foundation was more like a powder. It provided absolutely no coverage whatsoever. The packaging is also terrible. I would not recommend this to anyone, regardless of skin type.

I never write reviews but I had to on this one. I ran out of my Benefit foundation and needed a cheaper alternative until I returned from vacation. This item is garbage! I broke out after two days, the packaging is so cheap, and the sparkles make it look cheap. My face looked awful and after a few days my pores looked massive.This product turned me off of drug store brands. Hope that helps!

on 9/12/2010 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I tried this product because everyone was raving about mineral foundations. I did like how light the the foundation felt and that it did not cause breakouts on acne prone skin. I did not like how the powder looked. It left a noticeable sparkle all over my face. It is not natural looking (from the sparkle). I would not buy this product again.

on 8/7/2010 1:10:00 AM

I am one of those people who will only buy expensive skincare because I find that the low end products are usually garbage, but when it comes to makeup, I really love Covergirl products. I really like this foundation. Generally I HATE mineral powder foundations with a passion having tried loads of them. I have also tried loads of non mineral powder foundations. My problem is that they always irritate my skin and just look terrible. I chose the Covergirl in Ivory and expected a similar result. How wrong I was! It felt comfortable all day. It stayed matte. It gave me medium coverage that looked smooth. I applied it over my Clarins SPF40 sunscreen using a better brush than what was supplied with the product. I really like this foundation and have been using it every day since I purchased it. So far, it has not irritated me at all. We are in Winter in Australia at the moment, it will be interesting to see if it remains matte during our harsh Aussie summer!
Edited 20/08/10: Even though I still like the coverage and it feels OK on the skin, it has broken me out. Very few products cause my skin to break out and once they do, they continue to do so. Unfortunately I will have to stop using this product. That is the end of my experimentation with all powder foundation products! Full Stop!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is horrible. It makes me look ghostly and did not even cover anything, just added a white layer of powder to my face. Also, when I used to use it I would break out.. I just tried it again and I washed it off within 2 minutes of putting it on.

Never again.

on 8/7/2009 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this product a couple of dayz ago & tried it out.& it doesnt really cover at all.It also has this shimmer stuff in it that made my skin look fake & cakey.the packaging is not good at all.you have to pour it in the cap & it makes a huge mess.the brush get ruin when u try to put it back together.it also made my look kinda yellowish & im dark so that was wierd.i wouldnt buy this again.or recommend it to anybody.dont waste ur money

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I used the new formula. This product is crap. It made my skin break-out and even though it did give good coverage, especially for a powder foundation, the tone had a certain ashy-ness to it. There aren't very many shade choices either. I don't think this stuff is very good for sensitive skin. The packaging is... garbage. And why is there no mirror?!