October 1, 2014 | 1994 users online

Eye Shadow - Almay - Intense-i color trip for hazel: black, white, green

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Pixiezsc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this eye shadow because i liked the colours and it said it was hypoallergenic, but when i put it on, the colours all smeared into one smudgey mess, (even with primer on) and there was something in the eye shadow that cut my eye lid. I spent $10 for bloody eyelids. major downer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

Let me start off by saying I am actually a fan of Almay. I have a girlfriend who went through a phase where Almay was her favorite/most used brand, and so I decided to try a few thing (her make up always look nice). I have the majority of their other I-color quads and I use them pretty often for everyday, neutral, natural looks for work. I have always been pretty happy them. I instantly wanted this the first time I saw it. I am a sucker for green, and the dark metallic green shade really caught my attention. I kept trying to talk myself out of it, because these are really dark, and not something I would wear often, but I finally broke down and got this on BOGOF.

What you get: 3 shades with instruction on the back Ė 1) (lid color) deep dark black base with a green sheen 2) (crease) matte very dark charcoal that is almost black and 3) (highlight) a off white/cream with a golden sheen.

Like another reviewer said, I got think thinking it would be a nice going out look, since it is way darker then what I can wear for day time being so fare skinned. I tried to wear it a few times and I have been mostly disappointed. The way they suggest you wear it dint work for me Ė it just looks like a muddy mess. The green sheen does not really pick up, the matte black has very little pigmentation Ė which isnít always a bad thing, but I also found it hard to work with and blend. The highlight color, however, is amazing! Iím glad they give you so much of it, because I really like it! I have yellow undertones, so this works great for me!

If I didnít lose my receipt, I wouldíve retuned it. I wanted so badly for this to not be a waste, so I really tried to experiment. I have found that all these shades react really well to being used wet. I found that these colors work really well as cake liners. Especially the green shade: when used wet, the metallic green really shows up. When I use the shades wet, I can really get the look of a liquid winged liner effortlessly! I also use the highlight shade we in the inner corner to make the eyes pop.

So in all, as it was meant to be used, it is a dud. But, using this in conjunction with other shades, it can be workable. It wouldnít be bad to round out a small collection if you are looking for nice highlight and liner shades. I would buy this on itís own again, but I will get use out of it. I would recommend that the people who have it try it this way and see if you want make it work.

I also want to say that if you tried this and didnít like it, donít use that on your basis off judging the other Almay e/s. this is honestly the only one I have ever been disappointed with, and it honestly still isnít the worst Iíve tried.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2010 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

Tried this one out and now I remember why I stick to a certain brand of drug store eyeshadows. This is just horrible. The color pay off sucks and the only one that's worth it is the shimmery white/silver which is great as a highlighter.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by polkadottie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this. I saw the gorgeous shimmery green in the drugstore, and I thought I'd give it a shot, especially since the one I found came packaged with a bonus mini eyeliner in 03 Dark Jade. When I put it on my lids, though, it just looks gross, and I don't see how it complements my hazel eyes at all. The highlighter shade, which is an ivory shade with a lot of gold shimmer in it, is relatively nice, but the deep green and black look almost the same on my pale skin.

Since I took it off immediately after checking it out, I can't comment on its staying power. Also, I'm not sure how this would work on deeper skin tones, but I would not recommend this for other pasty folks.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by angewlee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

when i saw this in the store for only $5, i had to buy it. the colors looked very pretty! a shimmery white, charcoal black, and a dark, beautiful green. but unfortunately, it looked bad on my eyelids. it doesn't blend very well and the color that looked dark green in the palette almost looks the same color as the black on my lids. so all i see on my eyelids is black and white. it is not flattering to my hazel eyes at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 5:05:00 PM More reviews by jacie07

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the new e/s trio for hazel eyes which has a shimmery white, a charcoal black and a dark bottle green which is almost metallic. I had my eye on this for quite awhile before I broke down and purchased but unfortunately, its not very flattering on me. According to the instructions on the package, the green is to be worn all over the lid, the black as a crease and V shade and the white to highlight. I suppose this may be just the thing for a club type of look, but way too harsh for me. These shadows are very sparkly and kind of dry-feeling. I also found the package really hard to open.