April 17, 2014 | 1970 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Megalast Matte 916D Ravin' Raisin

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by 90sbaby4eva23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Honestly there isn't another lipstick (from any brand) comparable to ravin raisin. The creamy matte texture, pigmentation & longevity of wear makes me love it even more.

A unique mid tone raisin with dusty mauve undertones great alone or paired with nyx current lip liner & Nyx trendy gloss for some shine.

It's one of those lippies you must own to see the true color. I suggest you buy it to decide for yourself only $3.00-$5.00 so no damage will be done to any bodies wallet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 9:11:00 AM More reviews by FauxChic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I enjoy using this, on me it's a medium purple with mauve undertones which I find quite different and unique especially on my nc45/nc50 complexion. While it's not the most flattering on all complexions, I do think it's worth a look. I usually pair this with a clean winged liner, contoured face and this gives an edgy pop of colour.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by sekhmet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm a fan of the regular WNW lippies, but this was a bad experience for me. Purple and plum tones are my go-to shades for winter, but this one makes me look goth in a really bad way. The weird thing is I can't actually pinpoint what's wrong with this color, since it appears to have blue undertones, and again that usually flatters me. But this is just terrible. And I personally hate the formula--it seems gooey and gluey, sticky and drying all at the same time. I have lots of WNW products, and I rarely have a fail with them, but this totally didn't work for me in any way whatsoever. I wish I'd realized how bad this was soon enough that I could return it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by vampira428

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its a pretty pinkish purple color. it last pretty long unless i eat something greasy. Its not too dry. one of my new favorites.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by takemenow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great vampy lipstick for my fair skin. I love the way it looks and I don't find it drying like most matte lipsticks. It's surprisingly quite moisturizing! It has average wear time, but definitely needs less touch ups than creamy lipsticks.
PROS:
- great color selection
- semi moisturizing formula
- relatively long wearing
- does not feather
- super affordable

CONS:
- packaging does not say the color name
- shape of lipstick is very round and not easy to apply directly
- clear cover is easily lost if dropped
- product does not retract completely into package and gets messy

All in all I would repurchase and definitely recommend if you can look past the cons. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 1:23:00 AM More reviews by CaptainTennell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've recently fallen for all matte lipsticks! I went to Walgreens tonight and bought this color and wet n' wilds vamp it up. They are very similar in color except the vamp it up is a bit darker. I like this color a little bit more because I have pale skin. It look very nice with my skin tone and eye color "blue/gray".

I must say I absolutely love this color and plan to stock up on it just in case they decide to discontinue it! I think the color would look great with most skin tones and hair color. Right now my hair is a pastel purple.
I'm so glad I made this purchase and would recommend it to everyone :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2011 12:07:00 AM More reviews by MARmaladeJay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first Wet N' Wild lip product. I've heard great reviews about this and I wanted to give it a try. Let me begin by saying, I cannot wear this color alone. It is way too dark on my medium-dark skin. As it ends up washing me out. So I wear Mauve Outta Here (907C) over this and it gives me the best deep berry/mauve color combined (Please see my review for Mauve Outta Here). A color I have been looking for in a lipstick. I wear this lipstick with Mark Kay's Timewise Age-Fighting Lip Primer and it stays on without feathering for a good amount of time. In addition, I use NYX's Long Pencil Lip in Current along with the two lipsticks. All together, it does not make my lips feel dry. It's not completely matte, so I would say it's semi-matte. The packaging is OK, it's a typical twist lipstick, the black paint has rubbed off so now it's clear revealing the black container inside, so minus a lippie. Packaging does not effect the product itself. I pair the entire look with matte flesh tone eye shadow, curl my lashes and wear a very black mascara, a soft shimmery plum blush, and have my lips be the focal point. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2010 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Marchoiness88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I HATE THIS PRODUCT...Its too dry to put on my lips. I even tried tapping a tiny bit of vaseline but it too dry. I know its suppose to be matte but really. The shape sucks. Whoses lips r really that round?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2010 12:53:00 PM More reviews by BoxcarJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Don't get me wrong, this color lippie can totally be rocked with some lipliner and gloss...but for me, the shade does not apply as densely as some of the other shades in the line. The packaging is something I can forgive..I'm all about the quality of the product...this one just doesn't wow me like some of the other shades..ie: Stoplight Red and Smokin' Hot Pink.. I'm still gonna use it up because I'm addicted to this particular line of drugstore lippies!! :):)

Probably won't repurchase though. :-(

xoxoxox
- Mad Madam Jess

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 11:46:00 PM More reviews by kd100

This is a little dark but it looks great on me or anyone with brown hair.It is not sticky and not shiny. I would recommend this to people

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No