Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Single - Nutty

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Dimethicone, Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Magnesium Stearate, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Polyethylene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, May Contain (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 3/22/2015 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is soo pretty. I have a hard time using singles (palettes are much more convenient). I don't have anything like this really in my collection. Very good but for the 79 cents I spent.

on 3/5/2015 5:28:00 PM

I bought this a long time ago bc of the raves and people saying it is a dupe for Mac Satin Taupe. I can't say I agree with it being a dupe, but then again, who am I to argue dozens of gurus, etc.

I will say if you are pinching your pennies or just starting out with makeup, this would be a great choice.

To me, and this is pretty much true for WNW shadows in general, this applies patchy, tons of fallout, creases within a couple of hours (even with a primer), and leave glitter on my cheek. Would not re-purchase and this ended up in the trash..

If I wanted a shade like this on a budget, I would suggest Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe or Bad To The Bronze or L'oreal Infallible in Bronzed Taupe. Not exactly exact dupes, but still very similar shades and much better performing shadows.

on 1/15/2015 5:08:00 PM

I've never tried MAC Satin taupe eyeshadow, so I can't say whether or not it's a dupe, but I think it's definitely a great neutral, high quality pigmented eyeshadow for the price. On me (NW20) it shows up a bit more silver than brown/taupe like it shows in the pan . I'm on my third one and I've paid between $1 and $2, depending on sales.

on 1/11/2015 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This is really a very pretty color but I was looking for a matte color for my mature, partially hooded, rarely-wear-eyeshadow eyes. I wanted a low-key brown to enhance my eyes but not to appear too "made up." This has quite a bit of sparkle and it just didn't work for my purposes.

on 12/5/2014 12:30:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is a very beautiful taupe-cocoa color--in the pan but not on me. I really wanted this color to work for me but sadly it did not. It's not chalky like the Wet n Wild's brulee is, nutty is very pigmented and the texture is really smooth but the color I encountered with this is that it turned an orange-bronze color on me, much to my horror of course. Bronze does not look good on me (NC15). Even swatched on my inner arm it turned bronze too and on my lids it was bronze.
I'm really upset that this happened, no amount of primer, not using primer, using a flesh colored shadow as a base for this or NYX jumbo eye pencil in Milk did nothing to alleviate this horrific bronze mess on me. I think I'm upset cause the color is the pan is beautiful and I know if it didn't turn the hideous color it did, this color would make my blue eyes stand out.
I paid 93 cents for this at Walgreen's so it's not a total loss, I could have returned it but for 93 cents I just decided to absorb the cost. I will find someone to take this off my hands, I'm sure.
I'm very disappointed. But, I feel that Wet n Wild has come a long way since the days I first started to use it in the 90's.

on 12/4/2014 10:40:00 PM

I stumbled upon this product while looking for a dupe of Urban Decay's YDK shadow, as that was the only shade for which I'd hit pan in my Naked2 palette.

To be totally honest, Nutty is *not* a dupe for YDK, as it is not quite as pigmented or as shimmery as YDK. However, these two qualities actually make Nutty better suited for an everyday neutral eye look than YDK! Nutty is a little bit "flatter" than YDK, if that makes sense. Color payoff is not as intense as UD's eyeshadows, but I find that two layers of Nutty (over Too Faced's Shadow Insurance primer) makes it last through the work day. At night, after the shadow has faded, I like to go over it with YDK if I am going out.

The packaging is flimsy, of course, but the product only costs $0.99USD so I can't really complain. I like to de-pot it, stick a magnet on the bottom, and put it in an ELF pan.

Suggestion: I like to substitute Nutty for the brown crease color in WnW's "Walking on Eggshells" eyeshadow trio. The WnW singles aren't quite as soft and powdery as the trios, which is nice.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm so sad! I had high hopes for this shadow because of the awesome reviews, and my generally good luck with WNW products. I've been looking for something I can use as an everyday, easy, one shadow look. I thought this would work, as all of the swatches I've seen look really pretty. Well, on my eyes, I had to put about 3 or 4 layers, and it pulled completely SILVER. Whaaaat? I thought this was taupe! I realize is has silver shimmer, but I had hoped the warmth of the brown color would balance it out. Nope. For reference, I'm about an NC15, very fair and neutral-warm. I'm glad this works good for some, but for me it definitely didn't.

on 9/26/2014 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I had this a long time ago & purged it because I thought it was too warm. I repurchased it recently & love it. Esp as a powder alternative to my everyday summer eye product, Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze

on 9/7/2014 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Another great eye shadow from Wet n' Wild. It is a cool-toned taupe color with great pigmentation. I think it makes a great one shadow look, so mornings when I don't have a lot of time, I reach for this one. The only thing I don't like about it is the packaging. It is pretty crappy and I'm afraid of it breaking. It hasn't yet.

on 9/6/2014 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I tried due to all the hype I heard about this shadow.
I was not impressed. It was a frosty looking cool tone that just did not look good on my skintone. To me it makes the eyes look dull and dead. Just not a very flattering shade.
I did not care for this at all. Even when swatched I knew already I was not going to be happy.
It doesn't last long either, it creased and overall was not the best.
It does last longer then my L'oreal eye shadows but not in a flattering way. It looked a hot mess just half way through my day, even with primer.
I do no like this and would not repurchase.