July 28, 2014 | 2119 users online

Hair Color - Daniel Field - Natural Colours

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by countess77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Finally I got the two little bottles of tint, I chose warm brown #53, and the big bottle to mix the tint and warm water to create a light foam. I have been waiting to order because of searching for a hair dye that is non-drying to my hair, and after 2 weeks the stuff arrived to Sweden from the UK. This means that I had a few long hairs of grey hair. I left the dye on for 45 min (in dry clean hair), and I have to say that it covered the grey hairs perfectly. Still after only one wash, my hair colour is quite dark with reddish reflexes, and I hope that it will get a little bit lighter with time and some more washes. I had nice highlighted strands in my hair from the Thailand trip this Christmas, and I cannot see them anymore at this timepoint. I will let you know what happens to the colour!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by ChildOfTheMoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for Daniel Field Natural Colours (formerly Daniel Field Watercolours). There is a different company that is using Daniel Fields name for their products, but it's a different product so it's important to order through D.F. site: http://www.danielfieldmailorder.co.uk or try other links stated there, like I did. I ordered from honestycosmetics.co.uk.

My colour of choice was no. 61 Neutral Ash Lightest Brown. After a minor misfortune with Naturtint's Ash Blonde, which transformed my medium brown hair into light strawberry blonde (not what I wanted!) I decided to risk it with this brand. D.F. sounded good to me, a more natural choice, ammonia- free and vegan friendly. You get a tiny bottle with powder and a big empty one where you're supposed to mix the powder with warm water. Two kits were necessary for my almost- waist long hair. The mixing process and application went really well, it couldn't be any simpler- considering that all you need is the powder + water. Shake the bottle to produce light foam and apply as usual. There was some dripping, since this is a water based dye after all- but no nasty smell or burning sensation.

I left it on for a whole hour, which was recommended for full coverage. Used my own shampoo and conditioner after washing it out (there are none included in the kit) and voila... cool ashy/natural brown, very richly pigmented. It is still too early to tell how much it lightens after several washings but so far it is darker than "light brown", more medium brown- but I'm not disappointed.

This colour covered the terrible brassiness and is truly ASHY, which is something hard to find. So many neutral/ashy dyes turn way too warm on me, but not this one. I will definitely repurchase. I'm also curious about No. 71 Neutral (Ash) Dark Blonde- so I might try that one next time, only because I like changing looks. :)
I will update this review to comment on the lasting power. continued >>