August 20, 2014 | 1819 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Eye Studio Color Pearls Marbleized

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 12:33:00 AM More reviews by seaswan

I was looking for a rose gold shadow and saw Sinful Sinnoman on sale and grabbed it.
One side has a deep rose gold and the other a marbleized combination of the rose gold and light pearl.
The solid color has shine but not over the top and is a really pretty hue with creamy pigmentation. I used it wet and Oh my gorgeous!
The marbleized side is frosty, glittery pearl color with tons of fall out all over the place.
I know that the dome shape of the shadow will break off at any time but until then I'm enjoying one side of Maybelline Color Pearls.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 8:49:00 AM More reviews by kaylakellii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

ADORE. One of my favourite go to eyeshadows. Super easy to apply and blend on the go with just your fingers. I picked up the #40 Mocha Mirage when I was in France and it remains one of my best beauty purchases. BEAUTIFUL pigmentation with an excellent long lasting colour payoff. Doesn't crease and lasts for hours without an eye primer. I love that this eyeshadow is buildable and easy to transition from day to nightwear. Eyeliners slick on without any fuss on top of this eyeshadow. I find this eyeshadow applies better if you use your fingers. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased Lawless Lavender #10 and would only not repurchase as I have no long term use for this color. That said, Pantone has chosen Radiant Orchid as the color of 2014. This comes very close to that color and I wanted to inject it into my cosmetic wardrobe for the smallest amount of money possible. I paid $!.99 at my local Tuesday Morning store which makes me happy.
Pros:
Really sensual lavender/orchid that glides smoothly but not garishly onto the lid.
Choose a wash of color or build to full on opaque shadow.
Duo gives choice of lavender or shimmery ballet pink color for highlighting use. (This can be a con, too.)
On trend color.
Inexpensive.

Cons:
One side of this product is a pale ballet pink with some swirls of lavender, because of that consistent color application has been challenging.
Powdery. Really. Really. Powdery. Application fallout inevitable.
Frosty. Shimmery. Therefore I apply this over a matte ivory shadow first.
Cheap packaging, but would you expect Maybelline to provide more? I didn't, how else are they going to make money on us? My compact of shadow came loose from the base prior to my unsealing the item. Good thing I was mindful or else there would have been a lavender powder bomb on my marble bathroom floor.

Final thoughts:
If your wanting an inexpensive but on trend eye shadow this is the ticket. If it's quality your looking for, keep it moving. I haven't purchased a Maybelline shadow since the 1980's. This reminded me why.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

*SILVER STARLET*
Maybelline's marbleized eyeshadows intrigued me- I love any eyeshadow that claims to be as vibrant as this. After watching tutorials on Maybelline's website, it seemed like an insanely pigmented and amazing product! So, of course, I had to buy one. I got one on sale at Target and it's called Silver Starlet- one side contains a medium silver, and the other side has a marbled swirl of rose pink, white and light brown. They looked absolutely gorgeous together! However, when I first tried them, I was completely disappointed! I was unaware that they are best used wet! So, after several tries of getting to use them dry, they ultimately gave out. Don't use them dry. Next, I tried using them wet- they did do a much better job in pigmentation than before, so I was pleased. However, when they are wet, they are extremely difficult to blend. I tried to blend them, but instead, the eyeshadows either wouldn't budge or would all be scraped off by the brush. They also crease a little if you don't let them dry completely. Staying power was amazing with primer, so that's a plus! Also, they are relatively cheap products and can be found in your local drugstore. Ultimately, these are not going to be my favorite eyeshadows, but I will still use them because they are flattering.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Nat87

TANTALIZING TEAL

Great vibrant colour and easy to apply. A little powdery but with a good base on the lid it works wonders. My colour lasted all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by rodgersgirl

*CARBON FROST*
Ever since I saw this in a magazine, I have wanted it. For Christmas, one of my friends asked me what I wanted, and I told her that I really wanted this. She bought it for me, but within a week of getting it, I dropped it on the floor, and the whole dome of eyeshadow split off. Since this eyeshadow is pretty soft, there was no way possible to use the pieces. I just ended up with a huge mess of black and pink in my bathroom. I used what remained of the broken eyeshadow, which only lasted me about 2 weeks, and then went out and bought another one. I'm on my third one already, and don't plan on stopping anytime soon. My usual makeup routine is black pencil liner along the lashline, with the black shadow over it to sort of set it, and the pinkish all over the lid, with a bit more black "smoke." Definitely my favorite shadow I own, and I will be buying this for as long as they make it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by ellielane119

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Mines in carbon frost. One of my most reached-for eyeshadows, which is surprising to me, as I'm not really into pinks and blacks, much less pink and black together. However, with the marbleized pink shade, you never really know exactly what you'll get with it. Often, I get a gray shade with a pinkish cast, sometimes a purpley undertoned pink, sometimes a light, warm pink. I kinda like the random sporadicness of it- interesting mixup every time. The black is absolutely beautiful. I reach for it even when not using the pink! It has gorgeous multi-color small glitter - but not chunky, nor does it produce fallout! So happy with that. Ehh, pigmentation could be better on the pink but layering helps. Just makes a bit more of a dent in the hump. Ha. I have no complaints whatsoever about the black. This duo doesn't fade. A little pricey for maybelline, but I'd repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by ChellBell

I was so excited to try this because so many people had said good things about it, so i went out and got one and from the first time i tried it, i got that sick feeling in my stomach because i knew i just wasted a good $7. there is wayyyy too much fallout when applying and it gets all over my lashes! The result from putting it on just left a weird mud color and lasted about 2-3 hours at the most. I really wanted to love this eyeshadow, but i will NEVER re-purchase /:

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this, I got it in Carbon Frost which is a shimmery black on one side and a sort of marbled pink on the other, as with a lot of baked shadows you really get a lot of product so it will last. I love that it has a multicolored side to give you different shades depending on where you concentrate you brush. I think its great one of my FAVORITE shadows.

EDIT****
I feel like the texture of the grains are very large and sharp,so it kinda hurts my eyes....

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2012 8:21:00 AM More reviews by StaySweet516

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've always wanted to try these when they first came out and when I caught them on sale with a few Maybelline coupons in my purse, I thought what the heck.
First off, the packaging is flimsy and there's no brush with it so you need to provide your own.
It's got a chalky texture, even if you wet your brush to intensify the color, it gets messy.
The thing I hate the most about this is the GLITTER. WAY TOO MUCH GLITTER. I was trying to go for a casual smokey eye look but the glitter just killed it and made it look over-dramatic. Maybe for night's out, but not daytime. It's hard to blend, wet or dry, and even with primer (I use E.L.F. which has worked well for everything else). At the end of the day, a bunch of sparkles are left behind with a few crease marks. It made me feel humiliated that I was walking around all day like that. (It only lasted about 2-3 hours)
One of the things I loved about these were the colors. They were beautiful combined or by themselves. It's a shame they don't last long.
All in all, I won't repurchase because $7 for an eyeshadow duo is just too expensive. I'm sure I could find something better and cheaper.