April 24, 2014 | 1027 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Megalast Matte Lip Color (2010 reformulation)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Retrohousewife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Beautiful retro matte lip color that really lasts and lasts. Apply with brush or finger for longest lasting color. Very highly pigmented and stays on better after eating or drinking than any department store lipstick. I have the pinks, reds, and nudes. I love them all!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by jwinter00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have quite a few of these lipsticks, mainly because I love matte lipsticks and they're super hard to find at drugstores but I'm just not sure how I feel about this lipsticks! The colors are always veeeery opaque and I find that they do stay on for a while. However, and it's a big however, they're SUPER drying add very hard. Like picture rubbing clay or play-doh on your lips. The packaging however is the huge issue for me. It's seriously so unbelievably horrible you don't even know. It's super flimsy plastic, it squeaks when you try and twist the product up, and on a couple occasions the little thing with product in the middle has just come out. So I dunno, it's really a personal preference for these but I would suggest that if you're gonna wear these lipsticks to reeeeeally make sure to exfoliate your lips because if you didn't realize you had peeling lips before, you most definitely will after, and moisturize otherwise your lips might look like a corpse after a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by sultryvoice

I am a lover of matte lipsticks. I have very nice collection of MAC mattes, but Megalast mattes are definitely comparable. I own 7 and for the price (< $3 Cdn), you cannot go wrong. Plus, there are some great MAC dupes available from this line. They are highly pigmented,
non-drying, stay put for a few hours (without eating), and come in a fabulous range of shades so that there is a lipstick for every skin tone. WnW has developed a fantastic lipstick, and I hope that I will be able to purchase this for years to come.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Mewables

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this lipstick! Very pigmented, cheap, doesn't have a very nasty odor like other cheap lipsticks, comes in great colors. These are a bit drying and difficult to apply straight from the tube, I dab on a few dots of lip balm for better application and more moisture, works perfectly. A tube lasts forever, especially since I rarely wear lipstick- I always wear dramatic eyes and am always drinking something, so i opt for balm most days. I've tried to like lip gloss, I really have, but finally admit that I'm just not a gloss girl. I like the look, never like the wet feel.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 5:14:00 AM More reviews by bIuehornedmoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

these are my ALL TIME fave lipsticks. They are so cheap and SO pigmented i just can't even, they're awesome! I have mauve outta here, don't blink pink, and sugar plum fairy. they truly are matte which is my fave l/s finish. I like using an eos lip balm underneath cuz it's not super shiny/slippery so it doesn't take away from the matte finish. i also love using these as a base and adding another lipstick on top when i want a little more moisture. yeah the packaging is dinky but c'mon it's $2!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 2:23:00 AM More reviews by DeelishisBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a guru, and a freelance, and i always state that i love a lot of products, cheap and expensive.

I PERSONALLLLY love these lipsticks. WHY? Let me give you my PERSONAL opinion.... because 1. they do last ON ME, i might have to apply ONCE again during the day, lets say... if i put it on at 9am.. i would have to apply once again around 5pm. secondly, i LOVE matte lipstick, i love the texture of matte lipstick, i have lots of gloss but i dont use it often, i only use it when i need to moist my lips, which is not often as well, so the matte does stay on my lips, and as far as prices go, i can buy like 40 of these , the 3 same shades i always get (902, 904 906) i have pretty much, medium to dark skintone, so these colors, from the nude to the darker mauve/ pink, or red.. suits me BEST. I would give a whole 5, if u had more colors!!!

I hope this review was helpful for my medium to darker skin ladies!!!
and to my lightskin boos as well (i am considered a lightskin tho lol)

xoxoox Miss Dee

Dont forget to view my youtube channel @ MissDeeBiches

xoxoxo

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by InTone

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The texture is not the best and it can be drying. Just be sure to have moisturized lips and to wear tiny bit of lip balm on before hand. BUT that aside, the pigmentation is AMAZING. The colors are superb, the price is unbeatable. You get about 3.3 grams of product. I believe MAC lipsticks are only 3 grams, for reference. These are truly MATTE! The packaging is quite cheap and the lipstick will not roll down completely, so be careful. Still, I recommend them. I plan to depot a bunch and put them in my kit. They are long lasting since they are so matte and there are sooo many colors to choose from. Love!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by derivedhope

The colors of these are all beautiful. The texture isn't the best, but for the price, I can hardly complain. Especially since they are matte and long-wearing.. any long wearing lip color is bound to be a bit drying. I recommend these for people with very soft and smooth lips.. if you have any dryness or wrinkling in your lips, stay away from matte lip colors in general.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2012 11:04:00 AM More reviews by kittywompus

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Bought this (906D Wine Room) not knowing it was matte. The print is so tiny that I can't read it. The color is nice but it's so drying; more of a lip stain. May work if I use a colorless gloss before or after, but that's too much work for me. I prefer to just apply and go. No great loss at $2, but I won't buy it again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2012 1:46:00 AM More reviews by Nekura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I grew to love these cheap gems. When they were first released, I had about 3 of them which collected dust because I found them to be traditional mattes, too drying and tugged on my lips leaving it with uneven application.

However over time I realized with good lip exfoliation and a nice matte-type lip balm, these lipsticks apply better than some mid range or high end products. The design/cut of the lipstick makes it easily to apply without any extra need of a lip brush to clean up. They're really saturated with color and -can- provide smooth application if you tweak with it. They provide a creamy long-wearing matte finish and there's a really interesting color range from nudes, brights, neons, and vamps. I like Revlon Matte lipsticks a lot however they just don't offer the WnW color range. Originally these were sold for $3 but now it's been dropped to $2.. and often there are sales. Currently I own over 10 of them and I probably will end up owning most at this rate because it's such a cheap treat but a great lipstick I actually enjoy using... It's great WnW has released them in current trend colors too because $2 isn't going to break the bank to try a "new" color rather than paying $15+ for a department/sephora status brand.

The bright colors leave a nice stain, which is a plus for me... AND you can double these as a cream blush because they're not greasy/glossy.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No