Garnier Pure Active Blackhead Scrub

3.9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I didn't like this product and was ready to throw it away after 2 days of using. I don't like the scent, the texture of it is too harsh in my opinion and even though I don't have either dry or sensitive skin, it dried out my skin and it became flaky. I don't have acne either, but blemishes do pop up every now and then (especially on my forehead, chin and jawline). This wasn't much help spot-treatment-wise. I reckon it might work better for people who have light to moderate acne.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I only started using this product about two weeks ago, every morning and every night. As an obsessive makeup user and since my skin is oily and is covered in black heads I decided its time to cleanse my face properly after makeup uses and clear those pesky black heads. I first started using another product but soon realized it only irritated my skin and did nothing. So I moved on. I bought garnier because I was cheaper and seemed like a good product. After the very first use I instantly saw results, and I'm not being dramatic. My face instantly felt better and smoother and my black heads were not as visible. After a couple of uses I've seen the results. My redness is slowly disappearing and I haven't gotten any new black heads, I hope I haven't jinxed myself. But sadly I haven't seen a major loss in my black heads. I still have the same amount, I think I need to give it more time. I've also started scrubbing this for longer periods of time, and I think that might make a difference. I also am glad that this strips excess oils away from your skin, I normally have such oily skin but no more. Just after every use I apply moisturizer because my skin is very dry.

When using the product it does burn if you keep it on for long enough, its kind of a satisfying burn. Afterwards you might also feel a burn but put on some moisturizer and all will be good. Make sure you don't touch your face to much, that is a cause of some acne, I've also reduced my face touching. I will update how my journey goes, maybe after a month.

This product did leave my skin feeling smooth immediately after washing. It unclogged some pores while scrubbing. My stubborn blackheads were slightly reduced. My skin had no more new inflamed acne but this product had no effect on the many closed comedones on my cheeks and forehead (my main skin issue at the time). Also, during that time my skin quickly changed from being very oily to very dry. I'm not sure whether this was the product (the only thing I used on my skin at that time) or if it's just the effects of aging on my skin.

I used this product for 2 months, twice a day. After that I used tretinoin for the comedones (which made my skin drier and purge like crazy ;_;) so I stopped using the scrub otherwise it would be too irritating. I think people with oily and less sensitive skin might have better luck with this scrub though :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this for about a month now in the morning ( along with the neutrogena visibly clear 2in1 at night). Its cheap and i kinda like the packaging. But let me say this : its a really gentle scrub, so it wont remove dead cells if u use it after ages without scrubing. I used another scrub when i first started using this (the origine's ginger salt one).
I have an oily acne prone skin with a lot of white heads on my forehead and cheecks and a lot of large blackheads on my nose.
Its true that this product says "visible results in 1 day of using" and its true. Its not a huge result but its there.
I use it each morning and i massage it for 5min or so (i think its a waste of time and money if i just put on my face, work it for few second and wash it off). Anyways, after about one month, my blackheads are like 70% gone !!!!!!! They arent "so black" anymore , neither "so large". Which is amazing for a drugstore cheap srub like this one.
Mom also said that my face is slightllllyyyy more white than the rest of my body and i think its cuz of this scrub. Its not a big deal but i thought i should mention it.
Ill be buying this again in the futur for sure, just not directly after its empty cuz i dont want my skin to get used to it.
Ill do an update after i'm done with the bottle to see if my nose will be completly clear.

I love this product! After having really bad breakouts for about 3 months I saw this in my boyfriends shower and decided to give it a go. It has literally cleared up my skin so well, I rarely get breakouts anymore and my skin looks so clear! The only thing I have found is that if you use it 2 or more times a day (which I do) It can make your skin quite dry, but with some moisturiser afterwards it's completely fine. Will definitely continue using this.

this product makes my blackheads convert to whiteheads !!! :/

I don't usually write reviews but I just had to with this product. My husband bought this for his blackheads but I decided to use it. I usually don't use scrubs because my skin is sensitive but after using this my face just felt so soft and smooth. I used to have small irritating bumps on my face they just wouldn't disappear but after using this scrub it has disappeared. I put a rich moisturiser after scrubbing because my face tends to get dry at times. Amazing product.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It's amazing my blackheads + pimples are away! In 4 days. Use it 2 times each day. It's painfull if you do it on the cheecks. But it's the best product i ever tried.

I only started using this product 4 days ago, and I noticed that my current (hidden, inflamed) pimples are drying out and whiteheads are appearing and sometimes they come off while I am drying my face! So, yes, this works in clearing impurities.. let's see if it will work on preventing breakouts. My skin is not too bad, the inflamed pimples aren't cystic or big or scarring or anything, I just get annoying hyper-pigmentation that lasts for a while after! I'm hoping the salicylic acid will help make me skin look clearer and brighter. So far, it does work on blackheads (I have none now and it's just 4 days).

UPDATE: It's been almost a month since I started using this product DAILY, I skip a day every now and then but it's not too often and my hyperpigmentation is ALMOST ALL FADED! I verrrrrrry rarely get breakouts now (maybe a small one every week, and it is not inflamed) I only use a tinted moisturizer now and my skin looks so clear. I love this product, almost nothing at all worked out for me.. except this. It is worth mentioning that I have purchased Kiehl's 'Clearly Corrective' dark spot solution and it was very expensive, I have used it maybe 7 times this month and they recommended TWICE A DAY, but I did not do that because I do laser hair removal on my face at the moment and did not wanna risk it.. so maybe that had something to do with the fading.

I looooove this product! Ive been using it for two weeks now and it has really helped with my breakouts. It feels refreshing on the skin, and deepcleanses my face. If you have sensitive skin or if you are buying this to remove blackheads, I woulden't recommend this. But if you have light to medium pimpled skin this is AMAZING. It clear up and dry your breakouts. Love love love!