November 21, 2014 | 1809 users online

Cleansers - St. Ives - Naturally Clear Green Tea Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2014 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Clxer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is another drugstore find at SGD 10.80 offering 2% salicylic acid. At first glance I thought that this was a really affordable find. Although it has green tea and olive extracts, it has 'Menthyl lactate' - a type of menthol salt. I mentioned in my previous post Clear Skin : It All Starts With The Cleanse, how menthol is quite a skin irritant for many people. I am one of those people and when I used other products with menthol I found that it broke me out. It's an unnecessary ingredient that really irritates the skin. So for this reason, I would give this a pass.

I can only see this working if your skin is tolerant to the menthol. If so, this would be a lovely product.

Read more about it here: http://claudlyy.blogspot.com/2014/11/clear-skin-exfoliation-is-key-part-i.html

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by jeanguypeace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this product! I have oily skin that tends to break out mostly around the nose and forehead, and this cleanser improved my skin in a big way! Since I first started to use it, I could already see my pimples getting smaller and it also helped balancing my skin's oil production. Although, I really wouldn't recommend this product to women with dry skin, because it would probably dry it out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Average acne cleanser. It didn't really help clear up my skin. It didn't cause break-outs or excessive dryness either. It smells very nice, foams up and cleansed well too. I'd recommend this for those with mild acne or anyone who is looking to keep their already-clear skin from breaking out. I won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by AlannahBerry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this cleanser, and you get a lot out of the bottle! I've had this for about 6 months and have only used about 15% of it! In Australia it is about $9, which is reasonable, especially for how much you get from it. It makes my face feel really clean, but make sure to moisturise afterwards. Doesn't do a massive amount for getting rid of pimples, but I have noticied that when I go more than a few days without using this cleanser my face feels noticeably dirtier, and more irritated. People have said they dislike the smell, but quite frankly I enjoy it! Smells refreshing to me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by TheAamaranthe

Mixed feelings on this one. My skin has a mind of its own and can go from very dry to very oily in a matter of weeks. Damn hormones! I love St. Ives products and for months I've been using all kinds of expensive brands and spending up to $150 on cleanser/moisturizer combos. Nothing worked. So passing by this cleanser in the pharmacy and it being on special for $2.99 I said, to hell with it, and decided to give it a try.

And... It's not bad! It's not great either, but I can see more of a difference on my skin than with the $150 cleansers. It REALLY dries out the skin though, make sure to use a good moisturizer after using this product. I guess I'll stick with it until I finish the bottle. After that, I'm not sure. I think I might move on to something else, but I will be sticking with the inexpensive products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My face has been horrible now for over a year. I went off birth control and I have been breaking out around my chin ever since. I tried a number of different cleansing products - from new ones to ones I tried before and had good experiences with but nothing worked. I just about gave up until I found this product. Honestly, I didn't read the reviews I just had a good feeling. And my feeling was right. Only a week in, the blemishes have completely dried up and I only had 1 pimple the entire time (compared to having 5-7 at a time). My skin is super soft and squeaky clean after i wash my face. And this stuff removes every single bit of my makeup (including waterproof mascara). This stuff smells amazing too and the pump bottle is super convenient. I will definitely repurchase this product again. It's great and totally worked for me to clear up my face! Give it a try :)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by emnomz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Assumed the salicylic acid in this product would make it similar to the apricot scrub which I love, I was very wrong. This product was simple and great apart from the fact it gave me very big, very painful breakouts on my chin. Tried to stick it out for two weeks but couldn't. Will only be sticking to the scrubs in this range.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by autumnsylver

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this cleanser because I'm almost out of my st. Ives foaming apricot blemish control cleanser (which has apparently been discontinued, even though it's still on the St. Ives website). I thought it would be basically the same for my skin since it has salicylic acid, but I was so very wrong.
After using it for a couple of days, I got a pimple on my neck. I thought it was a little weird, since I have never gotten pimples on my neck, not even when I was a teenager and had constant acne, but since it was only one, I didn't think much of it. A couple of days later, i had a pimple on the side of the bridge of my nose, and another one beside my chin. I get pimples occasionally, so I thought it was just that, and I thought that the salicylic acid would clear up the pimples in a couple of days, so I kept using it. Unfortunately, I kept getting more pimples, so now I know that it's the cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by maybom

I have oily skin prone to breaking out so I tend to lean towards foaming cleansers that contain salicylic acid. I thought I'd try this product since it was on sale at Walmart a few months back (I think under $6 Cdn). This cleanser does a very good job of removing all of my makeup and oil. Like another reviewer, I also found that it does tend to leave my face a bit tight aftewards but nothing a coating of moisturizer doesn't fix. I'm not a fan of the scent (what is it with St. Ives cleansers scents?) but it doesn't deter me from using it. I'm 50/50 on repurchasing only because I'm a product junkie and have very little loyalty to any one product unless it's almost miracle-like. But then again, if the price was right I might buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by ashleeco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i use this in combination with st. ives apricot facial scrub. i have oily skin which can sometimes be quite dry along the jaw line.

i love this product. it does not dry me out and it helps clear my adult acne quite well.