August 21, 2014 | 1580 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst - Carnation 025

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by RoseannaDanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yes, I would buy Carnation #25 again...but it's discontinued! I should have figured that was the case when Kroger began selling it off at a deep discount a year or two ago. Since it's Summer time, I've begun using this lovely, slightly bright and ever so slightly shimmery pink. It complements a sun kissed face. It's just right for my tanned olive toned skin. I dab it lightly and perhaps add some gloss and a light pencil. Makes me feel like I'm on vacation or something to that effect. It's not a goopy, creamy blanket on the lips, thank goodness. Makes me think of that big lipped blonde geeky character on Criminal Minds who wears 5 grams of lipgloss in each episode. No, this lipstick is perfect. So, I decided to go to Sally's today to find a close comparison. Palladio Silver Rose is as close as it comes for now. It's got the same texture as Carnation #25 with a very slight vanilla scent that dissipates when applied lightly.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 3:13:00 AM More reviews by Aubrini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite lipsticks. It is a bright-ish blue toned pink that looks great with my pale skin. I usually wear this lipstick if I want a pop of color in my look but don't feel like/have time to wear a lot of eye make up. It is not such an overwhelming bright pink that I feel like my lips stand out way to much though. It was a little on the expensive side as far as drug store lipsticks go but it was totally worth the $10.00 CAN.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 2:52:00 AM More reviews by Pekoe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I favor bright colors, and this is a very wearable shade in my mind: vibrant, but not so overwhelming that I feel the need to make it the center of a look. It's a bright, somewhat cool-toned pink that can really brighten up a look.

Neither drying nor moisturizing, I've noticed that this brings out imperfections in my lips somewhat, but not enough for it to be unwearable over slight flakiness. One complaint I've seen about this line is the wear time, and I'm afraid I have to agree -- it only lasts about three hours on me, and although it leaves a slight stain behind you'll want to reapply as the effect is uneven.

Packaging is lovely; it would look right at home amongst higher-end lippies and the way the top of the cap is colored is cute and handy when searching through my collection. Unfortunately, the product has loosened after normal wear and tear, so keep in mind that if you plan to throw this into purses and expose it to body heat, it'll get wiggly (but still fully usable).

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by elfodimontagna

I don't like this lipstick, the colour doesn't suit me at all. I have a yellow undertone that i think is not good with this blue based pink. Plus it gives a grand ma feeling. Not suggested at all

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 12:45:00 AM More reviews by VivaLaSunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! I got it for about $2 at CVS with their super sale going on right now, and I'm in love with it (: I really love the color on my tan skin tone, the pigmentation is AMAZING it's a very opaque baby pink color that I think would flatter any skin tone.

For pictures and swatches, and a more in depth review, visit my blog at ohlovelydear.blogspot.com - my resolution is to post a new review each day!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by elfodimontagna

maybe could be too pink for me but the other characteristics are excellent!
i don't use it from the tube, but i patch it with my finger and it's sooooo nice <3
i love colorburstsespecially number 035 in blush, love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by GingerLemon

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I was apreahensive about wearing any color except nudes. Finnaly I took the plunge and started looking for more color. Carnation is a nice clear pink that goes well with my fair skin and covers my pigmented lips well. This does bleed more than I'd like and definitely needs to be worn with lip liner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this! I have one other colorburst lipstick that I love (Coral). Picked this up on a whim b/c it was on sale. The color is great! This definitely works with my yellow undertoned NC30 skin. One of my favorite pink lipsticks- it manages to be bright but not garish. A wearable bright, cool, blue undertoned pink. Probably my favorite, most wearable, pink. I think this brightens up my face without making me look over the top made up. This product can be built up to a bright pink or worn lightly. I don't notice any shimmer. I also think it looks great with winged eyeliner. The consistency is great, it applies smoothy and evenly. The downside is in the wear time, however, I feel due to the creamy, almost sheer consistency, it vanishes within an hour. Also it tends to stick on the outer edges of my lips slightly more, so if I don't reapply it will leave a ring. That's a pretty irritating downside, however, the color is excellent! Would recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by arwynundomiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although this isn't exactly cheap for a drugstore brand, it performs as well as high end lipsticks. Rich, smooth texture, admirable staying power, but the best quality is the super-saturated pigmentation. There is just so much color, making a little go a long way. It wears evenly, avoiding the dreaded lip outline, and blotting when applying makes it last even longer. My only complaint is the rounded, paddle shape of the lipstick. Due to the defined shape of my lips, I prefer lipsticks with a sharp point to allow for accuracy. I can work with this one, it's just not as easy to apply in a hurry. I really love the color swatch on the lid, making selecting the shade I'm after much easier than trying to read a label.

This particular shade is a cotton candy hot pink. It's a little too bright for my extremely fair skin, but it is a cool toned color. It reminds me of Barbie, and unfortunately on me it looks just as fake. If I blot and tone it down from the initial shockingly pink application, I can get away with it, but barely. Probably best for daytime in the summer, on someone a lot blonder than me. However, I still give a good rating because of the product's quality and performance. This color might not be just right for me, but I love my other Colorburst lipsticks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 10:01:00 AM More reviews by AriSatomi

This is a great cool-toned medium pink on my NC25 post-summer skintone. I find it makes my teeth look a bit yellow if I am not high-maintenance with my whitening strips, but I'm strictly into the kind of white teeth that are almost artificial so YMMV. I find this best looking when I pair it with a cold tone blush and basic eyes, as a lot of reviewers have pointed out. All in all I do like this lipstick, but I find that I need to blend it with another color (soft nude from the same line is a good choice as it is peachy) or some gloss to make it work. I like to use HIP Jellybalms with this lipstick to increase its staying power and moisturizing abilities. I will repurchase.