November 23, 2014 | 962 users online

Bronzers - Edward Bess - Daydream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 9:36:00 AM More reviews by beautykrazy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love this!! It's not overly "luminous" so don't know why it's called that. It just has a nice glow to it, but really no shimmer, glitter or sheen. Don't be put off by that title at all, it's not a highlighting bronzer (if you know what I mean). Or maybe you wanted a shimmery bronzer, in which case, this isn't the one for you. It's perfect for fair-medium skin, pale people can definately wear this. It's a wonderful shade that enhances and warms the face with a hint of "just been to the beach" ruddiness. Enhances your blushes wonderfully and pulls the whole look together Glides effortlessly onto the skin with no cakiness, patchiness, powderiness. Looks so natural and "second skin". Never too much and so reliable, I reach for it over a lot of other bronzers because it's so easy and reliable I guess. I know it will work. Well worth the money and I'd repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by beautylatte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

If you have been searching for a subtle, natural bronzer, this is the one! It is sheer at first but, as others have said, it can be built up for more intensity. I think that is one of the key qualities that makes this bronzer so outstanding. With other bronzers I have tried, with my fair skin, I have had to be very careful so that I didn't overdo it on the first swipe. There is no danger of that here. It is finely milled and blends out beautifully.

The drawbacks to this are the cost ($45) and the packaging does not correspond to the high-end price. I don't really care for the brush it comes with either.

Despite the cost and packaging, I see this as a bronzer staple in my makeup stash. I use it every day for contouring my cheekbones and giving my face a subtle glow. This product makes it seem so easy, makes me wonder why a bronzer like this is hard to come by amongst other brands!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Tracy7366

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've always been a Chantecaille Tahiti fan and I didn't think I would ever find anything that could match it let alone replace it, and I wasn't even looking, but I stumbled across the reviews on this when I was looking up another Edward Bess product. With the reviews being so good I just had to see what this bronzer was all about so I bought it blind online - I don't think there are any stockists in the UK other than online. Well this bronzer is absolutely amazing, even moreso than my Chantecaille! It really is just the perfect bronzer that you cannot overdo, it looks completely natural and is just beautiful. It gives my skin a gorgeous healthy glow! Definitely my new HG! Nothing sparkly in it and no harsh lines to blend in when applied with my hourglass No 1 brush, just perfect!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Andee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

When it comes to foundation, loose powder, eye shadow, lipstick, lip pencils, blush, concealer, mascara, I've tried enough of each to consider myself a connoisseur. When it comes to powder bronzer, I have only had 3 in my makeup life, one by Fresh, one by Nars (Laguna) and this. This is by far the best for me. It is not totally matte, but it has less sparkle than Laguna and it is more neutral, less yellow. I still need a bit of blush with it, but it really finishes my makeup application.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 12:14:00 AM More reviews by rpolisk

I bought this sight unseen in the midst of some sort of makeup buying frenzy. I blame the blogs... At any rate, while many of the products bought in this fashion (yes Becca Mineral Makeup, I'm looking at you) were total duds, this one was actually worth the splurge. My skin is fair with yellow and red undertones and most bronzers make me grab a stack of makeup wipes as soon as I see them on. EB bronzer is PERFECT. It's impossible to over-apply because of the fine milling and the light shade. Yet it definitely leaves a wonderful color on my face. I don't think it can carry me into winter, as it does look best when I have some color on my face in the summer. But for now it is my HG every day look. I apply with the EB kabuki brush (total luxury but any big brush would do). I mix some sunblock and a dab of foundation on my face, swipe Daydream on, a bit of mascara and that's it! Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For reference I'm NC40 and this is my HG bronzer. I've been using it for the past three months and it's amazing. There's nothing that screams BRONZER when I have this on, instead it just warms up my skin and gives me a beautiful sunkissed glow. I've worn many a bronzer in my day and have liked a few of them but this is the first bronzer I've truly loved... LOVED. It's my absolutely HG and before I hit pan I'll make sure to repurchase.
UPDATE 01/12/2013 :: I've been using this bronzer for a year now and that's amazing in and of itself. I've hit pan in a few small spots but already purchased another because I don't want to be without this amazing product. I still feel it's my HG x1000!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2011 7:41:00 AM More reviews by Winston

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hands down this is the most amazing bronzer ever made. Rich, soft, sheer color that doesn't look like I am wearing bronzer. Just beautiful, natural, warmth that makes my face come alive and makes me look like I am having a "pretty" day. I am a makeup addict and have tried everything. I've been a makeup ally member for 10 years and visit a few times per week but this is the first review I've been compelled to write. This is my star product! I've had it for only 3 days but I was excited to get up and get ready for work just because I was looking forward to putting this on!! I am already afraid that Edward Bess will change something on this or discontinue it. I love it so so much!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by TT888

Edward Bess Daydream Bronzer is unimpressive in every way:
The packaging is cheesy and flimsy, not to mention annoying in that it's hard to see which end opens, as it is all round, all black, and no marking to see where to open it.
The color is very typical - nothing unique or special, and the formula is somewhat powdery and chalky.
I would not recommend this, nor would I ever repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Cutie7

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very nice bronzer! Applies smooth and like a dream. Nice, light golden glow. Similar type of bronzer like Chantecaille (Capri) - sheer, not glittery/frosty/metallic. Though Edward Bess's is more brown based versus Chantecaille is more peachy. If you like bronzers without the glitter/frost and are fair-skinned, Daydream is a good bet!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2010 10:39:00 AM More reviews by GPD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my first product from Edward Bess, and I must say I want more! The packaging is very simple without any bells or whistles which I like. It comes in it's own nice velvet pouch and the slim compact is shiny, round and smooth with Edward Bess across the lid. Upon opening, there's a nice handy mirror and you are greeted by a burst of sweet fig. Edward Bess is imprinted into the powder, which is a gorgeous peachy bronzy shade in the pan. The product picks up well on a brush and applies smoothly and blends flawlessly onto my skin. I was originally a little worried that daydream would be too light on my yellow nc30-ish skintone, but it's perfect. Just gives me the perfect sunkissed glow w/o screaming BRONZER! The bronzer isn't too brown as it's softened with a hint of peachiness to it, but by no means is it orange either. Overall fabulous product! With that said, it is a bit pricy at $48usd for 0.3 oz/8.5g but I love it so much, it's well worth the price tag.