September 19, 2014 | 1567 users online

Eye Shadow - Illuminare - All Day Eye Color

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I tried a bunch of Illuminare products several years ago, but none of the foundations, blushes, or lip colors worked for me. I remember liking the blush (Sienna Sun), but not enough to repurchase, I guess. I had ordered a "kit" with 3 eye colors and a brush, and two of the eye colors I received were colors that weren't supposed to be in the kit. I had ordered the Medium kit and received Perla Rossa, Cappucino, and Cafe Americano. It took me some time to discover I had different colors than were supposed to be in the kit, so my impression of the eye shadows wasn't accurate. I loved Cafe Americano for eye liner and I remember using every last drop in the tube. Recently, due to the incredibly long-lasting cream formula and the SPF, I decided to give these shadows another try. I had a coupon for Illuminare's web site, so I went for the Medium kit again. (I STILL use the brushes I got with my first kit, every day. The brushes alone are worth the price of the kit.)

This time I am certain I received the colors I expected: Cafe Latte, Cafe Mocha, and Cafe Americano. The proper colors make a world of difference! What had appeared to be paint-like, unnatural colors in my first kit, now look "natural" and extremely flattering. Application is a breeze, and these last until I remove them.

And I mean that. If you like to switch eye shadow colors for daytime/evening, etc. you won't want these. These stay on my eyes through swimming! They are a bit difficult to remove; micellar lotion is useless against them. For removal I use basic, makeup artist Cold Cream, and then my usual cleanser. I don't like to wear these everyday because washing them off can be too rough on the skin around my eyes. But that's just me. These are incredibly shadows for for long-wear, flattering natural tones, and SPF.

Illuminare in general has an extremely limited shade selection, and there are only 7 different eye shadows. The darker shades seem much too dark to be "Shadows" but they work as amazing eye liners and brow color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I only have two of these, Latte and Espresso, so far, but I'm VERY impressed with their staying power on my *extremely* oily lids. These shadows are far superior to MAC's paints.

I use Latte as a base. It is a bit on the pale side, even for my NW15 skin, and if I apply too much, it looks chalky. BUT if I'm careful to apply just a dab, and blend quickly, Latte makes a superb base that keeps the creasy-greasies at bay longer than anything else I've ever tried, including UDPP.

I use Espresso, a black-brown, to line very close to my upper lashline. I smudge it a tiny bit, and it looks like I'm not wearing eyeliner, but it lends some very subtle definition, and it stays on!

While I love brown-based neutral shadows, I'd love to see some more colors in this line - maybe some taupes, greys, and plums.

Illuminare is cruelty-free, which is important to me. Each tiny tube is $18.00, which is not cheap, but since these products are incredibly concentrated, the price is really reasonable.

I can imagine buying these again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2012 4:49:00 AM More reviews by inouerinn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i only have this in espresso. this goes on matte.
blending have to be quick & precise because like the foundation, this set in no time and stay forever until u decide to remove it.
what i like?
i) long wearing
ii) matte
iii) sun protection

what i don't like
i) makeup application is not always perfect. sometimes i smeared this and because it set very fast, removing the smear is troublesome.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2012 1:15:00 PM More reviews by jessicalynn

I love Illuminare foundations, so after hearing about how long lasting these eyeshadows are, I fully expected to love them too. Unfortunately, I don't. I much prefer the application of powder eyeshadows to cream, and all the colors are neutral ones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 2:38:00 AM More reviews by LizWords

I love Illuminare eye shadows. The product lasts forever, they stay on most of the day, they go on matte, most of them do NOT have sparkle, and they can double as eye liner. I've got a lot of the colors, both of the only two sparkly ones and they are pretty subtle with the sparkle, especially compared to most eye shadows, so I can wear all of them to work w/out worrying about looking too madeup. The matte ones are great too, I sometimes use the darker brown ones as eye liner, the mocha looks great with my very dark brown eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I stopped wearing eye makeup altogether because everything that goes there tend to make me look older. Mascara, eyeliner and eyeshadow all tend to run and smudge and drying. But not with Illuminare. It stays put and does not move and most importantly for me, it stays creamy. The colors are just brilliant. Love the samples.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2010 8:46:00 AM More reviews by fivestar

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this as a kit in the medium color which is two shades of brown and a cream plus it came with 2 brushes.
I never use cream-type shadows so I didn't know what to expect. These are great.
They are a very nice texture and the color is intense so you only need to use a little and you can build the color. They look very natural and last all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by irish119

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Illuminaire really spoils you with these samples. The pigments in these colors, while subtle, are still intense enough that you need very little of the product to create a beautiful result. I'm starting to get crepy (sp) eyelids, and some cream shadows just look awful. These, however, are like butter . . .The color stays right where you put it all day. Highly recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2008 2:11:00 AM More reviews by livviilee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love, love, love these eyeshadows! I have them in Cafe Mocha and Cafe Americano, and I use an eyeshadow brush to put them on - no fingers, as it will end up very messy indeed! They are nice neutral colours that allow you to apply outrageous colours as they tone these down a bit, and they last all day! I also use these as eyeliner for a smudged smokey effect, and they are great as eyebrow colours. Definitely will be buying again, these are wonderful value for money. I have used these everyday and a pin sized amount definitely is all that's needed. The tubes are the size of a ring finger but they will definitely last a long time. One tip is to apply a teensy drop on a ceramic plate, and pick up the edge of the product with the brush. This will spread beautifully. Wonderful stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2008 1:02:00 AM More reviews by phan22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

i like that this eyeshadow is easy to travel with and put on with your finger, and that it contains sunscreen. i just wish they came out in other colors (i have cappuccino) because although neutrals are supposed to be flattering on everyone, i prefer to use cool-toned colors (especially lilacs, violets, plums) which accentuate my brown eyes more. it's important to use this sparingly to avoid the cakey/wrinkly look. also it has no shimmer. i would not purchase again because of color choice and it does contain parabens.

active ingred: zinc oxide 5%, titanium dioxide 4.4%
ingred: cyclomethicone, quaternium 18 hectorite, sd alcohol 40, iron oxide, decamethyl, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone copolymer, triethoxy caprylysilane, zinc oxide, dimethicone, lauryl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, titanium oxide/trimethoxycaprylysilane, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben.