Suave Professionals Almond & Shea Butter

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice [Aloe Vera], Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil [Lemongrass], Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower/Leaf Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Behentrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Dipropylene Glycol, Lactic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Amodimethicone, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, PEG-150 Distearate, PEG-7 Propylheptyl Ether, Cetrimonium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

When I had a tight budget I used this conditioner all the time. Consistent, good results each time, even in comparison to brands like Joico & CHI.

I bought a combo pack of shampoo and conditioner. I have very dry/sensitized ends, and so I put a generous amount of conditioner on my hair, I put it up in a ponytail, then I wash my body. The last thing I do before getting out of the shower is take the ponytail out and use a Wet Brush to detangle my hair. This conditioner enables me to brush through my hair pretty easily. It doesn't weigh my hair down or make it greasy, but it doesn't leave it particularly soft or manageable either. The only reason I wouldn't buy it again is there are plenty of better DS conditioners, such as Herbal Essences Hello Hydration.

I think this is a great moisturizer and I love the smell. Only takes a small amount for my hair. Price is great. I buy tons of it because I also use it on my large Goldendoodle and his fur comes out so silky, soft and beautiful. Not sure that's the kind of review you want to read, though. lol!

This conditioner detangles, smoothes, and moisturizes my coarse hair better than anything at the drug store (looking at you, Aussie 3-minute Miracle). It does leave a little silicone build-up/squeakiness after a few days, but it's a great bang for my buck.

I love the natural smell to it and ingredients but most of all it does make my hair managable.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

My HG conditioner was Matrix Total Results Sleek w/ Shea butter. This Suave Almond w/ Shea butter one works the same if not better than Matrix for a lot less money. Matrix, for the small bottle is $19.99. I find the Suave is thicker in consistency and smells better. Overall, they are close in performance but I prefer the Suave!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I have long, thick, coarse hair with curls ranging from 2b to 3a that always want to be frizzy and awful. I straighten my hair regularly, but do not color it. When I moved out of my parents' home several years ago, I had to laugh off the temptation to keep spending money on dozens of drugstore and professional hair products, trying to find one that will finally do a Thing.

I used the Suave Almond & Shea shampoo for a while with good results, then more recently switched out my old conditioner (Suave Humectant) for this conditioner. I LIKE THIS STUFF. It does the Thing. After working in some Tresemme keratin serum and blowdrying with an enormous round brush, my hair is soft, smooth, thick and shiny. A quick run of the flat iron seals it in. It's probably the best I've seen my hair since I was a kid, better than when I used to shell out almost $20 for a tub of Biolage. Ugh.

Definitely worth a try.

I've been trying to find a cheaper conditioner since I go thru it so fast (I have long hair). This stuff makes my hair soft and smooth but I'm finding that it isn't enough for me. If I let my hair airdry it would still be frizzy and dry on the ends. But for the price the quality really isn't that bad.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I bought a combo pack of this shampoo and matching conditioner--two large-sized pump bottles--for $5 (!) at Walmart. I really like this shampoo/conditioner for everyday use. It smells wonderful and it is super hydrating/conditioning for my dry, frizz-prone hair. I use other products for deep conditioning, but this conditioner is perfect for in between and it is such a great buy too!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

1/31/2016: Picked up another bottle of this today... I must have repurchased at least 20 times. I still love this for an everyday conditioner on my bleached hair.
------
8/14/2015 edit: I accidentally left a bottle of this at my mother's house. Much to my surprise, she used it and now LOVES it. My mother is very picky/specific when it comes to beauty products. She has coarse, healthy hair but it's gotten drier with age. The fact that she is now hooked on this, says a lot to me.

------------------
This is my favorite out of Sauve's entire hair product line. I'd describe the density of this conditioner as medium. If your hair is oily, easily weighed down, or healthy - this is probably too heavy & better suited as a deep conditioner.

If your hair is dry or damaged like mine, this is best suited as an everyday conditioner. It's too light to be a deep conditioner on my hair. Think of it as somewhere between a light conditioner and a thick deep conditioning mask. It does get the job done for everyday showering. My hair is left feeling very soft. I must use this on clean hair because it lacks any cleansing abilities.

I spent a LONG time standing in a Walgreens aisle comparing ingredients when I bought this. I chose it because it has so many beneficial ingredients high up on the list. I am not only impressed by the grade A ingredient list, but also the dirt cheap price. I have SO many conditioners I *love* and this is on the list.