January 24, 2015 | 1856 users online

Shampoo - Suave - Professionals Almond & Shea Butter

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2015 2:40:00 PM More reviews by katz50

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried this because of all the great reviews on MA. I have tried many HE and LE shampoos and I really love this! It smells nice, kind of fresh herbal. I rinsed well and then after that added the matching conditioner, rinsed well again then used a cold water final rinse. I didn't blow dry because I wasn't going anywhere but when it dried it was so soft. I kept running my fingers through it because I can't believe how soft it felt, and it was also shiny. I have fine, just above the shoulder length non colored hair, but I bet this would be great on colored hair, and long hair! I wish I knew about this a long time ago! I will purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2015 10:30:00 AM More reviews by katmae24

I just switched to this shampoo/conditioner after reading the rave reviews - I really like it. I like the smell, and it left my hair soft and clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Buttercup1117

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this shampoo! Smells great and keeps my hair healthy! I always repurchase this one becuase I never use any product in my hair besides this and the matching conditioner. These products alone keep my hair in great condition. Great price for the best shampoo!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by anabolina

I love this stuff, it's one of the few hair shampoos I've acutally repurchased. It's strange, but I think I've been using this shampoo for an entire year now. That's just crazy talk. I use it with the conditioner and what ever other deep conditioner I feel like using. Before I purchaced this shampoo and conditioner, I was using the L'Oreal Evercreme system and while it was good(still use the leave in conditioner), it was more expensive than the Suave and I'm just as happy with the suave. I looked at the ingredients in the conditioner before purchasing and was surpirsed by how high up the list of ingredients the shea butter actually was. That's always nice and sort of unusual for Suave. In any case, I use this product because it makes my hair soft and smooth and shiny when used with the conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by janisf9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really love this white creamy shampoo because Shea butter is especially great for color-treated hair. I notice this product leaves my hair soft, and using my Chi flat iron makes my hair even softer. Many Shea butter shampoos are very expensive, but Suave Professionals version is super reasonable. I prefer to buy the largest bottle sold at Target and Walmart. Some Shea butter products actually do not smell very well, but this shampoo smells just fine. The corresponding conditioner is only so-so. I generally use other conditioners!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 5:33:00 PM More reviews by alexiseptember

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Packaging isn't the prettiest but I'm not paying for a nice bottle, I'm paying for nice hair.

This left my short, thick wavy hair nicely moisturized. It's super shiny and even softer than when I use my old HG, Pantene Ice Shine. It also smells pretty awesome.

Totally wish I had tried this sooner, I'm loving it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by honeyangel77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This shampoo and its matching conditioner have been great for my limp fine color treated hair. I have not been coloring as often as I used to and my natural ashy blonde hair tends to develop split ends rather quickly even when I keep it trimmed regularly. Since it has split ends, and is long, the ends like to frizz up a bit and generally look unhealthy. I had been using Matrix Smooth shampoo system until it was discontinued and then began the suave alternative of that. The suave sleek and shine did an okay job, but really weighed my hair down, so I tried the suave with argan oil then the one with macadamia nut oil. I wasn't impressed with either after using up the bottles. I bought this shea and almond oil version because it was on sale and they had a kit with both the shampoo and conditioner in big pump bottles for around 5 bucks. I was looking for something new to try, so decided on this. I am so glad I did. I have used half of each of the big bottles (approximately 20 uses of each) and my hair looks healthy, shiny, and not as limp. It has been easier to remove tangles in my waist length hair when wet, and smells okay. My husband has commented on how soft it is when he touches it. It is not particularly volumizing or anything, but cleans and conditions beautifully. Very happy with the results.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by ambercriedwolf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shampoo is amazing! Let me take a moment to describe my hair to you. It's rather long, reaching my waist, and I dye it blonde so you can imagine how brittle and dry my ends are. However, my roots always feel greasy and I have to shower everyday (gasp), every other day at the absolute most, to avoid this feeling. Anyways, I used to always use the Tresemme moisture rich shampoo, which I didn't have any issues with, but this stuff is way better. It's so incredibly moisturizing and smells great. For the price, if you are considering this, I would definitely give it a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by akhteian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have long, medium thickness, naturally wavy hair. I like no fuss hair routines. I wash at night and detangle and comb and then air dry and curl in the morning. Ever since starting this shampoo my hair has become very brittle and dry. It's cheap, doesn't leave residue or scent on my hair and overall isn't a BAD product...but I would not repurchase...not worth the money saved.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Serenafay00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product has effected not just my hair but my life . I usually use Organix coconut milk shampoo & condition but I wanted to switch it up with something else for a little bit . I bought this shampoo bc almond oil & Shea butter is really good for your hair , and it also has rosemary in it. I used it once and it made my hair really soft and I was ecstatic about it so I called my sister and told her how great it was . Well the days following I noticed clumps of hair falling out & this never happens . It was falling out so bad I even have a bald spot from it . My hair is thin/medium & it thinned my hair out even more . I was devastated . I started taking biotin to thicken my hair back out & doing coconut oil treatments every other day. I cried . I didn't put the shampoo to my hair falling out until my sister was talking about how her hair was falling out in clumps & she was going to go to the DR bc she thought something was wrong ! So I did some research and The shampoo has a very harsh sulfate in it . I immediately called her and said STOP USING THE SHAMPOO THROW IT AWAY ITS MAKING OUR HAIR FALL OUT ! The moment we stopped using it , our hair quit shedding . This product is crap and should be taken off the shelves . It tried to bald me & my hair is no longer thick. I even had to spend 160 & on hair extensions for thickness. I use my coconut milk shampoo & I will NEVER try anything else again !!!!!!