November 21, 2014 | 1745 users online

Shampoo - Suave - Professionals Almond & Shea Butter

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by janisf9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really love this white creamy shampoo because Shea butter is especially great for color-treated hair. I notice this product leaves my hair soft, and using my Chi flat iron makes my hair even softer. Many Shea butter shampoos are very expensive, but Suave Professionals version is super reasonable. I prefer to buy the largest bottle sold at Target and Walmart. Some Shea butter products actually do not smell very well, but this shampoo smells just fine. The corresponding conditioner is only so-so. I generally use other conditioners!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 5:33:00 PM More reviews by alexiseptember

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Packaging isn't the prettiest but I'm not paying for a nice bottle, I'm paying for nice hair.

This left my short, thick wavy hair nicely moisturized. It's super shiny and even softer than when I use my old HG, Pantene Ice Shine. It also smells pretty awesome.

Totally wish I had tried this sooner, I'm loving it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by honeyangel77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This shampoo and its matching conditioner have been great for my limp fine color treated hair. I have not been coloring as often as I used to and my natural ashy blonde hair tends to develop split ends rather quickly even when I keep it trimmed regularly. Since it has split ends, and is long, the ends like to frizz up a bit and generally look unhealthy. I had been using Matrix Smooth shampoo system until it was discontinued and then began the suave alternative of that. The suave sleek and shine did an okay job, but really weighed my hair down, so I tried the suave with argan oil then the one with macadamia nut oil. I wasn't impressed with either after using up the bottles. I bought this shea and almond oil version because it was on sale and they had a kit with both the shampoo and conditioner in big pump bottles for around 5 bucks. I was looking for something new to try, so decided on this. I am so glad I did. I have used half of each of the big bottles (approximately 20 uses of each) and my hair looks healthy, shiny, and not as limp. It has been easier to remove tangles in my waist length hair when wet, and smells okay. My husband has commented on how soft it is when he touches it. It is not particularly volumizing or anything, but cleans and conditions beautifully. Very happy with the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by ambercriedwolf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shampoo is amazing! Let me take a moment to describe my hair to you. It's rather long, reaching my waist, and I dye it blonde so you can imagine how brittle and dry my ends are. However, my roots always feel greasy and I have to shower everyday (gasp), every other day at the absolute most, to avoid this feeling. Anyways, I used to always use the Tresemme moisture rich shampoo, which I didn't have any issues with, but this stuff is way better. It's so incredibly moisturizing and smells great. For the price, if you are considering this, I would definitely give it a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by akhteian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have long, medium thickness, naturally wavy hair. I like no fuss hair routines. I wash at night and detangle and comb and then air dry and curl in the morning. Ever since starting this shampoo my hair has become very brittle and dry. It's cheap, doesn't leave residue or scent on my hair and overall isn't a BAD product...but I would not repurchase...not worth the money saved.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Serenafay00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product has effected not just my hair but my life . I usually use Organix coconut milk shampoo & condition but I wanted to switch it up with something else for a little bit . I bought this shampoo bc almond oil & Shea butter is really good for your hair , and it also has rosemary in it. I used it once and it made my hair really soft and I was ecstatic about it so I called my sister and told her how great it was . Well the days following I noticed clumps of hair falling out & this never happens . It was falling out so bad I even have a bald spot from it . My hair is thin/medium & it thinned my hair out even more . I was devastated . I started taking biotin to thicken my hair back out & doing coconut oil treatments every other day. I cried . I didn't put the shampoo to my hair falling out until my sister was talking about how her hair was falling out in clumps & she was going to go to the DR bc she thought something was wrong ! So I did some research and The shampoo has a very harsh sulfate in it . I immediately called her and said STOP USING THE SHAMPOO THROW IT AWAY ITS MAKING OUR HAIR FALL OUT ! The moment we stopped using it , our hair quit shedding . This product is crap and should be taken off the shelves . It tried to bald me & my hair is no longer thick. I even had to spend 160 & on hair extensions for thickness. I use my coconut milk shampoo & I will NEVER try anything else again !!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by joig

Awesome bargain, you can tell because some of the first ingredients on the list are almond oil and shea butter which is nice considering the morroccan infusions ones have the argan oil at the very bottom of the list and a billion silicones.
This outranks my Frederic Fekkai by miles. My hair is soft and easy to style, a little buildup after 2 days if i dont wash my hair but thats to be expected.

CANT BEAT THE PRICE at 2.50 each for huge bottles

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow! I can't believe how amazing Suave is these days! I got two 25 ounces bottles - yes a total of 50 ounces (one shampoo and the other the condtioner) at Walmart for a whopping $4.97! I only decided to try it because of all you lovely MUAers who have been raving about this drugstore gem. And I wasn't disappointed! It really makes my hair feel silky and more moisturized compared to other drugstore brands I have been using. Oh, and I don't see as much fallout in the tub either! I saw a ton of strands when I would use Garnier or Pantene, but less with Suave!

I use to always walk past the Suave hair care products. My hair always gets use to shampoo and conditioner - so I have to change them all the time (after I'm done with the bottle!) - so I am excited to try other formulas from Suave! I have always loved the apple-scented one, now I can add as another fav! What a great value for products that really do work!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by frippery

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

for my hair type, this stuff is just so-so. it does not overstrip my hair. however, i wash my hair every other day and i've found that it makes my roots flat and a little oily on day 2, which is unusual. seems comparable to redken all soft, with which i've had similar issues. i will try a more thorough rinsing as suggested here and see if that makes a difference.

edit: this contains Dimethiconol, which is a silicone based polymer. i found that after a few uses my hair became flat and flyaway

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by isabellayessi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing for 1.00 at walgreens they have membership it was less than the 1.99 . I use it weekly as mask for 10 mins and makes my dyed hair come back alive for last month been using it and never will I get expensive condition treatments again .