Bare Escentuals Buxom Big and Healthy Lip Balm-All

3.4

on 5/14/2012 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this in 'Portofino' and love it. It gives a really nice tint to my lips and isn't sticky or gooey. I don't mind the pot package at all and the mirror inside is quite handy! It gives a little tingle when applied which I presume is the advertised 'plumping' action - to be honest I've never noticed any difference in that respect but it's a great product anyway.

on 2/21/2012 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don't like this lip balm. It pains me to write this because I love BE products, just not this one. I got this as a free gwp at sephora. The color I received is Waikiki a semi sheer pinky coral. The texture is too thick. If I don't exfoliate my lips and apply chapstick first, then the buxom lip balm settles into any cracks and it looks terrible. It didn't moisturize my lips at all. It has a weird hint of coffee smell to it. I just didn't like this product at all. I'll end up giving it away. At least it was free.

on 7/27/2011 6:02:00 PM

I LOVE this balm! I have this in Portofino (a darker, brownish-plum shade), but it's so sheer that it gives my pigmented lips just a hint of red so they look just-bitten. I love that it's not too shiny so it's perfect for days when I want to play up my lips and go light on the eye make up. And it does plump up my lips though others here have said it doesn't quite do the same for them. I get the softest tingle and then I definitely notice a difference in my lips. I wear it alone during the day and then apply it under lipstick at night to get the plumping effect. The only reason for the 4 is the somewhat awkward packaging, but like others have said, I love that it's a pot because you get every last bit of product. And honestly, applying it with my finger does help plump my lips even more. Really great product for the price!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have this product in Wakiki (sheer coral pink) shade. Does not really add any color to your lips, it's very translucent.

The product application is annoying, mainly because you have a large package for a small product, so it takes up alot of room in your pocket/purse. Then, you have to dip your finger into a pot for every application, meaning you need to wipe the excess off your finger after because it is sticky. It tends to wear off in 2 hours, and is not that moisturizing.

I can get a clear lip gloss for less $ with better moisturizing properties and more convenient packaging. This will not be a repeat buy.

on 2/4/2011 9:25:00 PM

This is the newest balm to my collection. I have had it a week now and so far so good. I like the deepest shade in portofina and am also enjoying Bora Bora. It says that it plumps your lips and makes them fuller which I don't need, but the promise of hydration and conditioning along with a sheer color had me at hello. I feel a little tingling (must be the plumping agent?) have not noticed my lips are any fuller, but they do seem to feel well nourished.
The downside of this product is not being as portable and convenient to apply. I don't like sticking my fingers in my cosmetics out of fear of contamination and carrying a lip pot around with a brush during work is out of the question. I use it more at home, shopping, or out to dinner with hubby. If they continue to keep my lips as nice as they have been this week I will definitely buy more and continue to repurchase. The price point makes it even more appealing.

on 12/10/2010 11:13:00 PM

I have this balm in the nude color. It applies with very little color on my heavily pigmented lips but it still lightens them up a little and looks pretty.

my favorite part of this balm is the plumping aspect. ive worn it a lot during the day and didnt notice any plumping. but i started wearing it at night before bed and then i wake up to huge puffy pillowy lips. i have no clue why this works so well if worn over night but not when just applied normally thoughout the day. so i wear it while i sleep now and then to keep the plumpness (is that a word?) going, i keep re-applying it during the day.

it's one of the best lip plumpers ive ever used. im not sure if it's advertised to be one, but it sure makes a huge difference (no pun intended) on my lips. the regular Buxom glosses dont plump my lips at all no matter how long i wear them. but this balm does the trick.

i also love the mirror in the packaging. it's actually useful as opposed to most mirrors that come on cosmetic items.

and though pots are usually my favorite things for lip items... because you can get every last bit of the item out of a pot as opposed to a regular stupid lip gloss tube.... i dont like that this product is in a pot because it's soooooo sticky. even after washing my hands, my finger will still be sticky from applying the balm. i wish it came in a regular boring chapstick style tube.

but yea, i love this product and will buy again. another plus is that it actually feels good. it's not heavey or gooey on the lips!

on 7/16/2010 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I got two of these. The coral colored one, can't remember the name and St.Barth, the purple colored one. I am a real lip blam addict and a lip balm fanatic over tinted lip balms. The coral colored is very sheer on me (I'm NW45). The purple one, totally attracted to the shade of it, has really good color payoff on my lips. On me, it looks like MAC Stiletto Lipstick, which is a deeper shade of Up the Amp. Anywho, it looks like one swipe of Stiletto topped with clear gloss. It kinda feels like MAC lip conditioner but not quite as comfy. I do feel just a bit of tingle but not much. I haven't wore these very much so I can't say whether or not they really condition or not.

on 7/7/2010 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product for 19$ canadian, and I LOVE it. I bought mine in Copacabana (a nude color) because I prefer nudes and my lips are really red naturally. When it comes to packaging, I think it's quite cute. It's big and chuncky, twist to remove the cap and inside the cap is a mirror which is helpfull for on the go. Some don't like dipping their fingers in it but for me I don't mind that. Just make sure your hands are clean. And it smells very good! It smells like sweet vanilla or like a cake... The color and the glossy aspect doesn't last very long... Maybe 2 to 3 hours I think (if you don't eat or drink).But the moisture stays for a long time which, for me, is more important.
I'm not someone who likes really glossy lips, so this is perfect for me. It's super moisturizing, it does slightly plump out lips WITHOUT a burning sensation just a very very mild tingle (almost undectectable. it's almost like a cooling feeling), the pigmentation is quite good (nothing amazing but more than I expected), it gives your lips that perfect moisturized slightly glossed look. It doesn't look like you gooped on a bunch of lip gloss. It's not sticky at all! In my opinion, 19$ isn't a lot for this, especially that it's huge.
I will buy this again when I run out.

on 6/19/2010 9:41:00 PM

I am addicted to lip products; balms, glosses, lipsticks you name it. I have tried so many products and have drawers of leftovers. I tried this in Waikiki and really, really like it. The sheer pink is just enough color on my lips to make them look full and healthy but without glitter or shimmer, which I like.

I didn't notice any plumping action but this products lasts for a long time on lips. The price is reasonable since the product lasts so long, I have tried others like Fresh which are more expensive and the color is wonderful but it just doesn't last like this. I also like the mirror in the lid of the Big Buxom container. I will be trying this in other colors.

on 3/30/2010 3:56:00 PM

I got this in Waikiki. While the color is a pretty sheer coral-pink, the formula just kinda sucks. It's actually drying, doesn't last long at all and doesn't do anything "buxom"-like (which is strange, cause the Buxom glosses are pretty intense). I like the packaging, though, there's a cute little mirror. I never use this :<

Popular Lip Treatments