July 29, 2014 | 1995 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Miracle Worker Miraculous Anti-Aging Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by luxlover79

It's an OK moisturizer to use in conjunction with other Philosophy skincare products. I got a Miracle Worker set consisting of retinoid pads and eye cream and I like the smoothening results. This cream is a little thick but I can use it on daytime under my makeup even I have oily skin. It works great also with Philosophy booster-C powder. But on its own, it's just an OK moisturizer, nothing miraculous. I've tried potent anti-aging creams, so I consider this cream a go-to moisturizer when u need a less expensive cream that hydrates good.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2014 12:33:00 AM More reviews by mishkee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This doesn't even feel like a moisturizer to me. It feels like primer. It made me break out really bad. I'm usually not even sensitive to silicone. It made my skin feel soft but only temporarily. Good thing I just had a sample and not the whole jar!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I'm pretty much with my fellow reviewers on this one; no "miracle" and I am unable to tell if the anti-aging properties are effective. I'm 25 years old with no signs of aging yet. However, I usually have some sort of anti-aging product in my daily regimen as a prophylactic precaution. Can't hurt, right?

Anyway, I do love a good moisturizer, and this is just that. It's a bit heavy, but I have worn it under makeup. I find a little goes a long way, and almost makes my skin feel velvet-y. It kepy my skin moisturized all day and all night. It has a slight scent to it, mostly chemical-y. No breakouts or irritation over here. However, I do not have sensitive skin, nor am I prone to breakouts. It can be on the greasy side, so with that being said I'd skip this in the morning and use it at night only if you're skin type runs greasy.

The price is up there, but in my overall experience with Philosophy products, it's often worth it. It's better than your average moisturizer, but definitely not a must-have.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2013 3:28:00 AM More reviews by Naturalorganixs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This products has a silky, extremely light weight texture but I can't help but feel like it made my face greasy? I have acne prone skin and although it moisturized my skin well, it didnt help with reducing any acne break outs. Sometimes I felt that it contributed to it. As for anti aging, I'm fairly young and don't have fine lines to judge if it was working. Overall, I would not buy again and am now in search of a less greasy moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm almost out of the (large) sample size of this and an sort of on the fence. No breakouts to speak of but a look at the ingredients list concerns me.

I'm no ingredients expert, however I know what irritates my skin and it's silicone.
This is loaded with chems. that I know nothing about and oils that I do know about and like. The best thing is the surge of moisture it gives my skin. My skin is able to absorb it, however there is still a layer of it that keeps it moist on the surface which I'm thankful for.

IWater/Aqua/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, Propanediol, Resveratrol, Hexyldecanol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Glutathione, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil, Bisabolol, Stearic Acid, Cetylhydroxyproline Palmitamide, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Sterols, Beta-Glucan, Butylene Glycol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Benzyl Alcohol, Arginine, Polysorbate 20, Tetrapeptide-21, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium Edta.

It has not broken out my skin which is odd since it's got Dimethicone so close to the top of the list of ingredients. This is the first moisturizer I've used in a long time that can keep my (aging/sensitive/clog/acne-prone) skin moisturized without making me break out. I'm really pleased. That said it is expensive, so I'm thankful for the small stash of samples I need to finish before I make an investment.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I do like the fact that this moisturizer comes in 2 decent sized jars - the smaller one is 2 ounces, which is larger than most face cream (or at least, most of the ones I've used) and there is also a 4 ounce "economy" size that offers considerable savings! I wish more brands would offer this money-saving option! But the simple fact for me is that this is just an average moisturizer - no "miracle", no "anti-aging" (well, no more than any other half-decent moisturizer compared with using no moisturizer at all). I got several sample packets of this and was able to try it out for a couple of weeks but, like I say, while it's a nice enough product, I don't think it lives up to its own name and I honestly think you can get products just as "effective" (in moisturizing, not in providing "miracles") for a lot less than $74 Canadian for the 2 oz. jar.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently went on a trip with my family and forgot to bring moisturizer, so I borrowed my mom's Philosophy moisturizer. There is a 30 yr age difference between us and I realize at 24 this probably is a little too strong, but nonetheless my skin LOVED it. I have acne scarring and after only 1 week this moisturizer has faded my scars significantly. My mom so kindly gave me the rest of hers because the packaging is so crappy that the top broke. After I finish it I will check out some more Philosophy moisturizers that are probably better suited for my age. I can't deny it though--my skin loves this stuff and in general i break out to everything.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

I looove this moisturizer! It perfectly hydrates, gives my skin clarity and brightens! It almost feels like it fuses and absorbs with my skin as I rub it in. I just wish it came in a pump or tube, but I always slather it on after washing my face, so my hands are clean anyways. Can't wait to get my hands on their new latic acid cleanser.

1/11/14

Still loving this moisturizer, nothing comes close to making my skin feel hyrdated and healthy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by alba75

The review is based on the deluxe sample (11 g/0.4 oz)
It is just a nice moisturiser. The scent is light. The product has got a silicon feel and takes some time to sink. It did not cause any breakouts. I used much cheaper Japanese drugstore creams with the same results.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 7:28:00 AM More reviews by vesuvana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Got a sample so I can't comment on it's anti-aging ability but it's surprisingly oily. It's light and pleasantly scented and didn't upset my sensitive skin, but it did leave me shiny. I put Cerave AM over it and that seemed to help, but I don't like the oily feeling of this so I won't buy a fullsize.