October 23, 2014 | 1227 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Medallion

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by kacidy95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is my favorite gold nail polish! its so sparkly that its ridiclous! 2 coats is suffient for maximum coverage. but im not gonna lie this stuff is a bitch to get off! the cotton ball was catching on every sparkle and would not remove! i actually had to scrape of every nail with my nails! great polish but...sucks to take off!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2011 7:39:00 AM More reviews by ebidebby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Medallion is a lovely China Glaze glitter with a mixture of small and medium holographic gold glitter in a clear base. It's just about as blingy as a nail polish can get!

I have not worn this color by itself, but I have layered it over other polishes for a stunning effect. The glitter spreads easily. On a nail wheel, I got opacity in 3 coats, but didn't like the rough, jagged finish (even with a couple coats of top coat). I prefer one coat for layering. Medallion catches the light really well, especially the holo particles.

Clean up is tough, but as glitter polish goes, it's not too bad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2011 10:48:00 AM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't usually go for golds, but this polish is so stunning that it's become one of my favourites.
The gold glitters are less of a yellowish gold, which may explain why I like it so much. Add in the rainbow glitters & it's probably the most shimmering of all my glitter polishes.
Since I loved it so much on my nails, I recently used it to fix up some artwork on my old leather jacket. There's now a guitar all done out in Medallion on the back of it & it looks fantastic!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 10:35:00 AM More reviews by wapunka

I love glitter nail polish. So far, this is my absolute favorite one. I got it on sale at Sally's. It goes on easily and dries pretty quickly. It also works nicely with my skin tone, and the densly packed rainbow and gold glitter just puts me in a good mood when I see it on my nails.

I used 2 coats and got super sparkly nails. If you don't like the 'scratchy' feeling, you can apply a topcoat. Removing it from your nails takes a bit of patience and some acetone, which is why it didn't get a 5.

If you want a beautiful, opaque glitter nail polish, definitely give this one a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2011 10:57:00 AM More reviews by starspex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I get compliment upon compliment when I wear this glitter! Gold mixed with holo rainbow glitter- what more do you need to make this a standout?! I always get asked about it due to the unique mixture & the beauty of this against my brown skintone. This is sparkly&blingy which makes it perfect for the holiday season or occassions

Removal is tough which is typical of glitters but the foil method& some patience works fine.

One downside is this can get on the thick side over time and i've already had to replace 1 bottle due to one that got ruined after it got too thick and I put it in boiling water to soften- oops my bad! that messed up the forumula so had to buy again. Now i'm sure to apply thinner regularly to avoid another mishap.

Mixed with my fave topcoat this glitter is hardwearing- I even feel like I'm wearing acrylics on my long natural nails with it, I love the reinforcement!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by lushcake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this polish. Super huge chunks of golden glitter mixed with little pieces of rainbow glitter. It mixes together very well. Reminds me of a disco ball!
About 2 coats of this plus my basecoat and topcoat is enough. I love how it blends well with my skintone. Pure acetone is usually what I use so I did not have a problem with taking it off.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by paintingitpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely LOVE this gold glitter. Yes it's chunkey, but all glitter polishes are. It's really pigmented and goes on like a dream.
UPDATE: This polish literally flakes off after a day! What's left on the nail is IMPOSSIBLE to get of with regular polish. I had to use pure acetone to get it off. Not good:(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by LauraJean396

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off I am not a huge fan of glitter polishes, but I was at Sally Beauty and they had tons of polishes marked wayyyy down. I decided to get this one because it looked so similar to OPIs Worth my Weight. Dries fast, nice consistency. Overal pretty decent polish!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Gemstone221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Got this on sale at Sally Beauty. Two coats with a base coat and a top coat is the perfect amount of coverage. Was easy to apply, dried fairly quickly. I love it. I might grab another tomorrow because I like it so much! It's fun without being over the top.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lately I've been collecting all the sparkly glitter nail polishes I could find. Got my hands on a bunch of China Glaze glitter polishes. 'Medallion' is similar to Sephora by OPI 'Worth My Weight' but the wow factor is magnified 100 times. This polish is THEEEEEE sparkliest glitter polish I have ever worn! It's loaded with chunky shiny gold glitter (true yellow tone) that's peppered throughout with rainbow-sparkle holograph glitter. All of this glitter applies full-coverage in 1 to 2 coats. My pedicure comes out looking exactly like the bottle shade, super-sparkly & eye-catching. When I open my makeup drawer to pick out a nail polish I want to wear, this one always sparkles the most. It's quite amazing. I never saw this in stores, but I disovered it online at such websites as Head2ToeBeauty.com, 8TY8Beauty.com, & TransDesign.com, at prices much less than it would cost in stores.
Would ABSOLUTELY buy again. Some gold colors don't suit my fair complexion well but this one is stunning! Can't wait to see how it will look with a summer tan & metallic sandals. The reviewer below that said this color is 'very distracting' is right! And that's the way I like it. :)
Dries slightly textured but not gritty. A coat or two of clear shiny topcoat smooths it out nicely. I haven't worn this on my fingers yet & I can't wait to do so next week.
[FYI the silver version of this is called 'Nova.']