November 29, 2014 | 907 users online

Eye Shadow - Hard Candy - Split Personality duo

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Ambam032

I picked up two thinking they would be easy to apply & great rushed mornings. I have Dazed (purple) and Headcase (pink & beige). Neither color in Headcase showed on my eyelids until you see the creases. Dazed shows better but the small sponge makes it hard to apply the color evenly and it doesn't seem to blend very well with my finger.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by BeautyQueenOfTheScene21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This cream shadow has a habit of clumping in my crease. :/ Split personality has lots of lovely colors, I like the brown/gold combo. Application isn't the cleanest, the rounded brush makes the corners hard to not smudge. It doesn't last too long, and it makes your eyelids feel a bit wet.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2011 1:00:00 AM More reviews by meowrena

Hate this product! It's a cream eyeshadow in the form of a pencil, but the ends are sponge-tipped. The product is located in the caps or lids of each side and the sponge-tip is spring loaded to add pressure to the product so it adheres to the end. Note that the product doesn't come out of the main handle portion.

I "de-potted" this by taking a sterilized paper clip and scraping the product from the caps into a little sample pigment jar. It comes with VERY little product and when you use it, it's just average.

I do not recommend using the product with the supplied applicators. They do not work. If you bought this and cannot return it, try de-potting it and using it with a brush or your finger.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2011 3:17:00 AM More reviews by mizzbouvier14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay so it's not great on it's own, and kind of pricey for the purpose I use it for, but I do use mine often. As an eye shadow base. I discovered that matte shadows on me are dull. I will just sweep a little bit over the primer, put some matte shadow over it and viola! I have a sparkly shadow, and it seems to stay OK for the whole day.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2011 1:32:00 AM More reviews by barcodegirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is really a miss, I don't even know where to start. I have this in "Confused" which is a dark brown and pale gold. The pigmentation is awful, it barely shows up at all. The packaging is also a huge turn-off. The sponge applicators are flimsy so it's hard to apply the shadow. Also, the little capsules that hold the shadow get knocked off easily, so when I put this in my makeup bag I'd have to dig for them.

It's just an all around terrible product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 5:28:00 PM More reviews by BizzyBunny

Epic Fail for Hard Candy. You cant get enough product on the applicator. Only thing I can use it for is to smudge out liner. Least get some use out of it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by RandomJazz

I bought this in Confused, which is a sheer gold and a cocoa. I'm not happy. Even with primer, it creased like crazy. Not worth seven dollars.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

I was turned on by the glitzy, shiny packaging at the WalMart when I saw the Split Personality duos. Good God what made me purchase this? I almost bought two, but, in a moment of clarity, told the checkout guy I didn't want one of them. These don't work--AT ALL. I emailed Hard Candy's public relations department today and asked for my money back. This is a case where I want the company to know how disappointed I am and I am not just going to go back to WalMart for a refund.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by sweetlysour21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the purple/silver and the blue/green pairs. I really liked them. Only thing I can complain about is that it took me a while to figure out how to get enough shadow out at once to show up. What i do is loosen the cap and turn it back and forth until the applicator is pure color, and then I apply it. The silver is more white but it shows up nicely still and the same with the other colors. For my skin tone, which is milk chocolatey lol it shows up really nicely compared to other colored shadows I have bought in the past :]

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by extermikate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely terrible. I bought the purple/silver one. The silver one comes out as more of a white, but is barely visible aside from a few sparkles. The purple comes out as a pale fleshy pink - more visible than the other one, but I wish it wasn't because the colour is sickening. Not something I'll be using again, let alone buying.