November 27, 2014 | 1593 users online

Bronzers - L'Oreal - Bronzer Body Tinted Gel (One day)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by garnetcherry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this product! It's the first instant self-tanner I've actually had success with. I'm very pale, and here are the positives:

~Doesn't smell bad; actually smells kind of good
~Perfect brown/pinky shimmery color (NOT orange)
~Super easy to apply
~Looks very natural on
~Is great by itself or to enhance the tan you already have
~Easily removed with soap & water

I can't say enough good things about this product. To avoid my hands looking orange, I simply apply it with gloves or just wash my hands directly after. It dries right away, and sometimes I even mix it in with my foundation to get a bronzy glow.

Since you see the color automatically, you can immediately see if you've streaked at all and then blend accordingly. The color is perfect, not orange like other self-tanners.

I highly recommend this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2012 9:13:00 AM More reviews by muaKissAndMakeUp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Application: You apply this product like moisturizer. Piece of cake! Score: 5/5

Texture: This gel is frighteningly dark. It looks a bit like molten caramelÖ with sparkle. Now that is scary. The gel texture itself is very pleasant, though. Score: 3/5

Smell: Itís not completely odorless, but this product definitely doesnít smell like self-tanner. Score: 3/5

Results: Iím officially tan thanks to this gel! I like that you can build up the color, but I donít like that this product turns me slightly orange if I use more than one layer. Iím not really convinced. Score: 2/5

Total score: 13/20

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2012 12:05:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

I like the color of this because I'm not orange, nor peach and when I was younger (and fooliish) iand tanned my fair olive skin, I looked brown w/red/pink undertones like this imparts. I only wear red based bronzers for the same reason, and due to that its been hard to find a self tanner for my body that matches my face. I use non latex gloves to apply this because it will stain hands badly and not wash off easily. Also I must use sparingly on the top of my hands and first moisturize them very well because I have dry skin and it can adhere to dry patches and look redder. For me this looks best over a base of self tanner and also applied to moisturized skin. The pump on mine did not work so I decanted it into a small bottle with one, and I think its a fluke as no one else has mentioned it. This reminds me of the Bonne Bell bronzer in a tube. It has not stained clothing. Its not perfect but it has its uses given there are few drugstore prices wash off bronzers and though it wwould be better a little less red, its a step in the right direction having a red based bronzer at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by f33xc0re

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product was a serious disappointment. The idea is awesome- a gel you can smear on to make yourself tan until your next shower. I'm not sure if it's my pale, olive skin tone, but it went on reddish- More like a burn than a tan! It stuck much better to the palms of my hands than my body! If you sweat, or it rains, or you touch something wet, it will come off, possible onto your clothes. On the positive, is has a faint pleasant smell, and so long as you rub it on evenly before it dries, you won't streak. I do NOT recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Evanthia

Great product for when you need the color, but only need it for a day like a special occasion because it looks natural and washes off end of day. You must wait about 5 minutes to insure its dry before dressing or it will transfer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by gvmullins

I am feeling this product!

I use this as an additional add-on over my regular self tanner. It adds an extra "umph". I don't think it would tan me enough by itself, but on top of my self tanner it really brings a glow. I also REALLY like how it sinks right into my skin quickly and does NOT RUB OFF! This is the issue with most wash off bronzers out there. They have a glittery, shimmery texture that sits on top of my skin and wipes off on everything! My clothing, other people's clothing...you name it. I even marked my friends wedding dress about a year back from accidentally touching her dress with my arm. This stuff acts like a stain, but only lasts one day.

I really dig it! I'll be buying another one. And, it's CHEAP!

Just say no to being pale. I think this even outdoes my beloved Lorac Tantalizer. I'm sick of that stuff rubbing off on EVERYTHING!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by GorgeousRed

This is OK for touch ups but I wouldnt use this as my sole self-tanner. I may combine it with the Loreal Sublime Bronze instant tanner and see what happens.
This stuff has reddish/pink undertones that kind of makes my ghostly pale skin look like a pinkish piggy skin.
I wouldn't wear this stuff with shorts in bright daylight but at the club a definite maybe.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by thegreatexaggerator

This is a joke. It's red and sooo fake looking.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This stinks and the concept is good it being wash off and all but the problem is the color is a little on the orange side. In general this will give you a fake tan look especially in natural light..ugh! You could get away with it in a dark smokey room pub probably...but this is not practical for everyday use. I like a bronzer to work in all situations and look natural so this is not for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Chelles93

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE this stuff.

Almost all self-tanners look unnatural to me - I can always tell when a tan is from the sun or from a bottle. This gives me a color that looks like I've actually been outside, not that orange shade I get with 99% of self-tanners.

I moisturize before I put it on - very important, since it's a gel and not a lotion that blends easily. I blend and blend and blend and then use a hair dryer. It doesn't take long to dry and it really stays and doesn't transfer to my clothing.

It does stain my hands if I don't scrub well afterward. Sometimes I have to use baking soda or a scrub to get all the color off.

This also looks good over the Hawaiian Tropic self tanner I use - makes that color look more natural.