October 31, 2014 | 1550 users online

Styling Products - GVP Generic Value Products - Volumizing Root Life (Compares to Matrix Amplifiy Volumizing System Root Lifter)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by retropink

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I read the positive reviews on this and MUA was right! I love how it makes my fine, flat hair so full and thick at the roots and crown - and it lasts all day. I have very fine, dry hair and I haven't had any issues with this really drying out my hair or building up and making it limp. The instructions say to massage it in a bit before styling which I find helps it from being too stiff. It says it can used with heat or without, but I have yet to try it air dried. One of the few hair products I love from Sally's.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros

- thickens
- volumizing
- despenses perfect amount of product

Cons

- none

Comments: Love this! It does what it says. It really lifted my roots and made my hair look/feel much thicker. Best applied to damp hair and blow dried after. I love the scent and how it despenses product.

Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2010 8:59:00 PM More reviews by ktbazzo0n

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

With every other root lifter I've tried, I usually end up with crunchy and fly-away hair at my part line, that usually just feels greasy in a couple of hours. With this and the gvp serum, my hair stays smooth with just the right amound of volume and no funky frizzy hair, and I can even go a day in between washing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by simi531

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has to be in my arsenal of hair products at all times. My hair has a lot of wave/curl and volume all over - EXCEPT at my part line. It is definitely thinning out and breaking due to age and overdying. This stuff transforms the thinning spots into just normal looking hair. It really blends it in with the rest. I dry my hair almost all the way and then add this to the areas that need it the most. I rub it in a little and then blow dry with a round brush facing forward. Gives my roots volume without looking too 1980s. The other day I was freaking out over how thin my hair was in the part line and then used this and went out. All of my friends and then my husband told me how great and full my hair looked - if they only knew! This is my 2nd or 3rd bottle of this - it is that good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by alyssa18o6

I purchased this after getting my hair done at my salon, my hair dresser used the Paul Mitchell root lifter and I loved the result. I went to Sally's and saw this product and let me tell you, I love it! Its amazing, it gives sooo much volume to my roots. I tease the slightest bit after blow drying my hair and it gives me volume all day.

While my hair is wet I spray a few sprays on my crown, then I place a big velcro roller there and leave it in while I blow dry my hair. Then I take it out after the rest of my hair is dry and take a round brush and blow dry that section out. And boom i'm done, I usually run my straightner over the the ends and spray with some light hairspray.

It's under $5 so i'd definitely keep repurchasing!