December 21, 2014 | 1384 users online

Gels/Soaps - Nubian Heritage - Lemongrass and Tea Tree Soap

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2012 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Pcrate

THis is a great product for my oily acne-prone hormonal pollen allegeric type skin... I use the Lemongrass & Tea tree on my face and the NH B;ack soap on my body.... the lemongrass bar is great for cleaning clogged pores (strinks them in one wash without a mask) and soothing irritated skin. I always buy it randomly as in when I run out I don't have it readily available - I saidI would get diligent and keep it on stock -also in the summer it helps wash away the Georgia humidity and chicken grease-looking oil from my face without stripping it and it suppress the inflammed "bumps" on my face in an overnight instant... which helps for date night;). It also brightens my comlexion with using any type of bleachers. The price that I have found ranges from $2.99 to $4.99 - I only go to the Beauty supply stores to get it at a less expensive price and stay away from those lil kiosks where the price is higher for a $2 soap.
I'm about to start the accutane treatment to hopefully treat the internal aspect of my acne so I'm waiting to see if this will be too harsh - I also use Ceravu cleanser which is good for about two weeks at a time then it starts showing no effects...

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by NarnianLady

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I give this an overall 3, because there are better soaps in the NH line. The scent is fresh and very invigorating - but the little pieces are completely unnecessary.
A bit drying for my eczema prone skin - but that is not surprising in the middle of a winter, when I tend to be on the drier side.
Will not re-purchase, but will not think of this unkindly :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2010 11:57:00 AM More reviews by wagashi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This soap, like all the Nubian Heritage soaps, SMELLS AWESOME. It's got tea tree oil in it so supposedly it's good for breakouts, but I didn't find it did anything for my skin. I'm using the peppermint and aloe one right now, and I find it does more for clearing up my skin than this did. The black seed soap also helped more. But this soap is great because it's got the same great non-stripping cleansing power of all the other soaps but doesn't have as large scrubbies in it meaning your drain won't get clogged up or anything while you're using it. Yay!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by definesinister

This soap is heaven-sent! I've struggled with adult acne and finding the right regimen. I use to be a mac foundation whore and I finally gave it up and realized that it wasn't for me, those of you out there that are or were doing the same know what I mean. My face got brutal and I starting using acne.org's 3-step. Though it did work at the time, I got tired of ordering online and decided to bump up the benzoyl peroxide to 5% and look for alternatives. I did use african black soap as an alternative, but I found it made my skin worse off. Nevertheless, african black soap was too abrasive to my sensitive skin, my skin was blotchy and irritated. So I decided to switch to this bar soap since I used other tea tree soap that help my bacne. I haven't regretted switching to this soap at all! My face is less prone to breaking out (only during hormonal reactions). I have finally found a few other product alternatives to dan kern's and they work wonderfully. My skin care regimen now is: tea tree and lemongrass soap, thayer's rose petal witch hazel toner (use my hands to pat it on), benzoyl peroxide (5%), and olay's active beauty fluid for sensitive skin. It's not perfect, but it's near perfect. It does help to cut down oil and I can't help my hormones ever month. So just take care of your skin and face, and in the end it will take care of you.

UPDATE: i love this bar soap. don't let this bar soap fool you either! i believe this soap lasted me more than 5 months!!! that's saying a lot since most liquid cleansing soaps last me only 3-5 months if im lucky. the smell is divine. like lemons and oranges, can hardly smell the tea tree oil. LOVE

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

This is a great soap for oily or blemished skin because of the tea tree oil. It smells of lemongrass, one of my favorite scents and NOT of tea tree oil, a scent that can be overpowering and unpleasant to my nose. I'd use this as a body soap, not on the face, though. Would be especially perfect for summer skin. Also like the simple design and varied colors on these soap boxes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 5:48:00 PM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was hesitant to try this soap as everything I've tried w/ lemongrass I've hated, but I've decided to try all the NH soaps, so I gave it a go. It smells fantastic; like lemon drops. It's a pale yellow bar, and as far as I can tell has no exfoliating additives unlike most NH bar soaps. I have very dry skin though, and I did find it a bit drying. I wouldn't say that it completely stripped my skin like a lot of other bar soaps do, but it was definitely more drying than any other NH soap I've tried (aside from perhaps the lavender & wild flower one). I used it on my face a few times and it didn't upset my sensitive skin, but again it was a bit to drying so I'll stick w/ the "african black soap" for that. Overall I quite like it, especially for hand washing, and I imagine it would be very good for oily skin.