NYX Eyeshadow Base in Pearl

3.1

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I use this with a foundation primer over it. After I let the primer dry up I then go onto putting my eye shadow. Without adding a primer my es easily creases, but after using Laura Mercier primer (or any other face primer really) on top of it I find it works wonderfully. The white base makes the eyeshadow vibrant. With a clear primer it isn't quite as easy to achieve the same color that is on the palette to look anywhere near it does when I apply it on my lids. I haven't played around with different types of primers but I find this is what works for me. I can use any brand eyeshadow and it still looks strongly pigmented with this method. I dislike how it comes in a tub like container. I have to dig in my fingers and the NYX gets all under my nails. A tube would be wonderful but I guess they would have to use a different formulation. I used to buy HE makeup just because I thought spending more money meant better quality... But in reality there are so many products that for a fraction of the other brands do just as good as a job if not better. Most of the time your paying for the brand and probably the fancy container it comes with. Regardless, this product is a definite keeper for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I have the NYX eyeshadow base in the skin tone color and I really liked that one, so I thought I wanted something different and bought this one. The formula is definitely different and this does not work as well. My eye shadow will crease after 1-2 hours :(

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been using this for months now and lately, after looking at my finished face, and trying to determine what's so weird looking about it, I realized it's this base. I still believe a matte cream, or even shimmer cream, would look good. But this is WHITE. This is a blue-white that no living human should ever have on their face and the shimmer is out of control. I use my naked pallet 90% of the time when doing my eyes. Those colors already have some shimmer. So once I apply it over this, everything blends into a brown disco ball, with scary white in the middle, and I have no real color depth or definition. I switched back to my sample urban decay primer and I looked like a person gain. I now avoid this like the plague. (Side note: I do apply this with my fingers and it gets everywhere. Maybe with a brush you'd have more control but it seems too thick to appt evenly with a brush.)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I had high hopes for this. I have tried so many eye primers and havent been very disappointed, until this one. (Although Laura Mircier is still my fave)

The shimmer is really quite minimal, so if you were hoping it would add a little more wow to your shadows, think again. It didnt really seem to intensify colors any more then a flesh tones base did. It feels really silky and smooth and blends like a dream and upon application it seemed promising, but it is intensely greasy-creasy and made my eye make up into a hot mess within a few hours

Save your self the hassle and get yourself a maybelline color tattoo; its miles better.

I love the skin tone but for some reason this colour doesn't do it for me, it adds minimal shine and doesn't work as a base at all I use as a highlighter for the inside corners of my eye. Packaging is frustrating too

I love NYX eyeshadow bases but the packaging is so irritating. I have how the pot is too tall for my finger to get in there with out the base getting in my nails. I would apply with a brush but I feel as if that applies a little too much.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I loved this while I used it...it made blending of my shadow suuuuuper easy. I can't speak much on terms of color enhancement though because I only use shades of gray and a bit of bronze. According to other reviews, this made other peoples shadows crease but I didn't have that problem. I have oily skin (eyelids included) w/monolids (maybe that's why but even the part where my lid folds over didn't crease).

WHY I HAD TO D/C USE: after using for about 1-2 weeks, my eyelids were swollen and itchy. I stopped using it and waited 2 weeks for it to return to normal. Since I really liked the product though I tried using it again. Nope, same thing. BUT, everyone's different and it's all trial and error so whether or not you're sensitive to cosmetics, it doesn't hurt to try as it probably won't do to you what it did to me.

BOTTOM LINE: It makes blending SUPER easy and it feels nice and smooth going on. I'd probably still be using it if I weren't evidently allergic to it.

This is my everyday go to product and I absolutely love it!! I feel like it works a little better than the flat white one if you are working with pigmented shadows. It really makes your shadows pop and does eyeshadows justice. I never get creasing or smudging with this and my look stays put forever. I like to spread my primer on with my fingers so this is just perfect. There is no need to seek high end counters for a great primer. This product is amazing!! Holy Grail for me!! A+++

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have this in the pearl finish, as well as the flat white. I thought I would like the pearl finish better, but it turns out I like the flat white better. I feel like the flat white makes my shadows pop more than the pearl finish does. Just a personal preference.
With both of these, it's important to not apply too much product. If you do, it will crease. It is a little bit of a learning curve, but I figured it out pretty quick.
I wish this wasn't in a pot. I think a tube would be so much better. I use a flat brush to apply this.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is a good eye primer. It does not crease on my eyelids and holds shadow beautifully.