April 19, 2014 | 864 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - Eyeshadow Base in Pearl

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Kathsabino

I love NYX eyeshadow bases but the packaging is so irritating. I have how the pot is too tall for my finger to get in there with out the base getting in my nails. I would apply with a brush but I feel as if that applies a little too much.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2013 10:35:00 AM More reviews by tmchichi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this while I used it...it made blending of my shadow suuuuuper easy. I can't speak much on terms of color enhancement though because I only use shades of gray and a bit of bronze. According to other reviews, this made other peoples shadows crease but I didn't have that problem. I have oily skin (eyelids included) w/monolids (maybe that's why but even the part where my lid folds over didn't crease).

WHY I HAD TO D/C USE: after using for about 1-2 weeks, my eyelids were swollen and itchy. I stopped using it and waited 2 weeks for it to return to normal. Since I really liked the product though I tried using it again. Nope, same thing. BUT, everyone's different and it's all trial and error so whether or not you're sensitive to cosmetics, it doesn't hurt to try as it probably won't do to you what it did to me.

BOTTOM LINE: It makes blending SUPER easy and it feels nice and smooth going on. I'd probably still be using it if I weren't evidently allergic to it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

This is my everyday go to product and I absolutely love it!! I feel like it works a little better than the flat white one if you are working with pigmented shadows. It really makes your shadows pop and does eyeshadows justice. I never get creasing or smudging with this and my look stays put forever. I like to spread my primer on with my fingers so this is just perfect. There is no need to seek high end counters for a great primer. This product is amazing!! Holy Grail for me!! A+++

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in the pearl finish, as well as the flat white. I thought I would like the pearl finish better, but it turns out I like the flat white better. I feel like the flat white makes my shadows pop more than the pearl finish does. Just a personal preference.
With both of these, it's important to not apply too much product. If you do, it will crease. It is a little bit of a learning curve, but I figured it out pretty quick.
I wish this wasn't in a pot. I think a tube would be so much better. I use a flat brush to apply this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 9:24:00 AM More reviews by judy46970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a good eye primer. It does not crease on my eyelids and holds shadow beautifully.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Lil_Mamma_001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually love NYX products, but the eyeshadow base was a bust for me. I have oily eyelids. Not overly oily but I need some sort of primer there to hold my e/s all day. This did not do it for me.

-Application: I used both my fingers and my ELF concealer brush. Both worked in spreading the product around but I preferred the brush because it seemed to apply it better.

-Wear: I would apply this in the morning then apply eyeshadow. While this did really intensify the color (which I loved about this) by the time after work my eyeshadow was creased horribly.

-Test: I wanted to see if this was just the NYX base or my eyelids. I put the NYX base on one eye and Too Faced Shadow Insurance on the other eye. By the end of the day, the Too Faced held up while the NYX was creased and eyeshadow was barely noticeable on that eye.

-Overall: The best thing about this was how it really intensified the colors of your eyeshadow. However, I do not think that is worth it especially if the NYX base doesn't stay. I will not be repurchasing this particular base from NYX.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

This stuff was so cheap at Ulta and it's a pretty good base. It makes colors brighter and last longer. Just smear it over your lid and wha-la!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by jgoldz26

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The eye shadow base may make colors on top more vibrant but it certainly doesn't make the color last, in fact i found that the crease line was even more greasy and noticeable than without a primer. I wouldn't suggest it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Would give this item a 5 if the packaging were sanitary. I am not a fan of having to dip my finger or brush in the pot to get product out over and over.

I have used Urban Debay Primer Potion, Tarte eyeshadow primer, Too Faced, Smashbox, etc. Between Urban Decay and this one its a toss up. They are both great and for the price of this one i can buy all three shades instead of one Urban Decay.

Goes on well, stays put, no creasing, colors of eyeshadow come true and keeps shadow in place ALL day in 100+ temperatures of the Arizona desert. Very impressed!

EDIT: I have to change my rating on this one and lower it because i got horrible oily eyelids and creasing with my Tarte eyeshadows...would not buy again. I do use it under my eyes and under concealer which keeps the concealer from creasing and helpt it stay put.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by asolmsted

I just bought this shadow base a few days ago, and so far I am in love with this product! It really makes my eyeshadows stay longer, and the color looks more intense. It also helps my eyeshadow stay put throughout the day (even after jogging three miles). I haven't experienced any creasing as other users have mentioned... Maybe they're using too much? I dont use a ton of this product on my lids, so a little goes a long way! I also love how it's so inexpensive and the packaging looks nice. I will definitely be dropping by ulta again soon to buy the other bases(: