September 1, 2014 | 1993 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - Eyeshadow Base in Pearl

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by bribi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for months now and lately, after looking at my finished face, and trying to determine what's so weird looking about it, I realized it's this base. I still believe a matte cream, or even shimmer cream, would look good. But this is WHITE. This is a blue-white that no living human should ever have on their face and the shimmer is out of control. I use my naked pallet 90% of the time when doing my eyes. Those colors already have some shimmer. So once I apply it over this, everything blends into a brown disco ball, with scary white in the middle, and I have no real color depth or definition. I switched back to my sample urban decay primer and I looked like a person gain. I now avoid this like the plague. (Side note: I do apply this with my fingers and it gets everywhere. Maybe with a brush you'd have more control but it seems too thick to appt evenly with a brush.)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had high hopes for this. I have tried so many eye primers and havent been very disappointed, until this one. (Although Laura Mircier is still my fave)

The shimmer is really quite minimal, so if you were hoping it would add a little more wow to your shadows, think again. It didnt really seem to intensify colors any more then a flesh tones base did. It feels really silky and smooth and blends like a dream and upon application it seemed promising, but it is intensely greasy-creasy and made my eye make up into a hot mess within a few hours

Save your self the hassle and get yourself a maybelline color tattoo; its miles better.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Pinkhairdontcare

I love the skin tone but for some reason this colour doesn't do it for me, it adds minimal shine and doesn't work as a base at all I use as a highlighter for the inside corners of my eye. Packaging is frustrating too

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Kathsabino

I love NYX eyeshadow bases but the packaging is so irritating. I have how the pot is too tall for my finger to get in there with out the base getting in my nails. I would apply with a brush but I feel as if that applies a little too much.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2013 10:35:00 AM More reviews by tmchichi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this while I used it...it made blending of my shadow suuuuuper easy. I can't speak much on terms of color enhancement though because I only use shades of gray and a bit of bronze. According to other reviews, this made other peoples shadows crease but I didn't have that problem. I have oily skin (eyelids included) w/monolids (maybe that's why but even the part where my lid folds over didn't crease).

WHY I HAD TO D/C USE: after using for about 1-2 weeks, my eyelids were swollen and itchy. I stopped using it and waited 2 weeks for it to return to normal. Since I really liked the product though I tried using it again. Nope, same thing. BUT, everyone's different and it's all trial and error so whether or not you're sensitive to cosmetics, it doesn't hurt to try as it probably won't do to you what it did to me.

BOTTOM LINE: It makes blending SUPER easy and it feels nice and smooth going on. I'd probably still be using it if I weren't evidently allergic to it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

This is my everyday go to product and I absolutely love it!! I feel like it works a little better than the flat white one if you are working with pigmented shadows. It really makes your shadows pop and does eyeshadows justice. I never get creasing or smudging with this and my look stays put forever. I like to spread my primer on with my fingers so this is just perfect. There is no need to seek high end counters for a great primer. This product is amazing!! Holy Grail for me!! A+++

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in the pearl finish, as well as the flat white. I thought I would like the pearl finish better, but it turns out I like the flat white better. I feel like the flat white makes my shadows pop more than the pearl finish does. Just a personal preference.
With both of these, it's important to not apply too much product. If you do, it will crease. It is a little bit of a learning curve, but I figured it out pretty quick.
I wish this wasn't in a pot. I think a tube would be so much better. I use a flat brush to apply this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 9:24:00 AM More reviews by judy46970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a good eye primer. It does not crease on my eyelids and holds shadow beautifully.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Lil_Mamma_001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually love NYX products, but the eyeshadow base was a bust for me. I have oily eyelids. Not overly oily but I need some sort of primer there to hold my e/s all day. This did not do it for me.

-Application: I used both my fingers and my ELF concealer brush. Both worked in spreading the product around but I preferred the brush because it seemed to apply it better.

-Wear: I would apply this in the morning then apply eyeshadow. While this did really intensify the color (which I loved about this) by the time after work my eyeshadow was creased horribly.

-Test: I wanted to see if this was just the NYX base or my eyelids. I put the NYX base on one eye and Too Faced Shadow Insurance on the other eye. By the end of the day, the Too Faced held up while the NYX was creased and eyeshadow was barely noticeable on that eye.

-Overall: The best thing about this was how it really intensified the colors of your eyeshadow. However, I do not think that is worth it especially if the NYX base doesn't stay. I will not be repurchasing this particular base from NYX.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

This stuff was so cheap at Ulta and it's a pretty good base. It makes colors brighter and last longer. Just smear it over your lid and wha-la!