April 23, 2014 | 1316 users online

Skincare - Body - Tom's of Maine - Natural Tartar Control Mouthwash - Peppermint

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 11:17:00 PM More reviews by L0llicandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A fabulous alcohol-free mouthwash. I can get lazy with dental care, and combined with the alcohol, coffee, and cigarettes I ended up with several cavities and inflamed gums. After overhauling my dental routine (I bought a Sonicare toothbrush too) I added this mouthwash to my dental arsenal. Even with flossing and the Sonicare, I sometimes still get "itchy gums" or bad breath. I didn't expect much from something that was alcohol free and "natural" but it has done away with the itchy feeling and bad breath. It doesn't dry out your mouth like other mouthwashes that contain alcohol, and after using it my itchy gums ceased itching. After regular use, even my dentist said my mouth and teeth looked much better. When I run out of this or don't use this (it's not available overseas where I live) I sometimes still get inflamed or itchy gums. It's not the cheapest mouthwash, but it works and doesn't leave me in doubt of what I'm possibly doing to my mouth (there's some debate about the effects of mouthwash containing alcohol on the long-term health of the mouth). The peppermint flavor is fine, and the mouthwash is just as "strong" feeling/tasting as the old mouthwashes that contained alcohol I used but the fresh breath/good gum effects last much longer with Tom's. I'll keep buying this as long as they make it.