July 29, 2014 | 2086 users online

Lipstick - Givenchy - rouge interdit 19

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Maliktai

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For reference I am a NW45 in Mac - lots of red in my skin. This really is a beautiful color and formula. It can give an attractive flush to the lips or applied full on, more dramatic. It is not too purple which I often find with darker lip colors. The formula is so smooth and padded almost. A nice cushion on the lips. This is quite expensive but is one of my favorite lip colors ever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by shanstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the Givenchy Rouge Interdit in #19, Black Plum.On me it turns a deep, brilliant, yet sheer plum. Trust me though, this isn't your everyday plum lipstick! It's deeper and darker than fuschia, and even deep for a plum, yet somehow too bright to be goth, and has much more depth of color than the average sheer lipstick...yet I can still see my lips beneath it. The color itself is a plummy, berry-ish, wine color with the sheerness of a stain, with a satin finish. That's the closest I can come to describing it, at least! Feels great on the lips and gives a plumping effect due to the slight shine. Lasts well for what it is...a sheer lipstick. Don't expect this to be long-wearing, as it will need fairly frequent reapplication, but it's worth it.

Overall, I find this to be a wonderful lipstick. It's a shade I would normally never be able to wear due to my pale skin, yet it works fantastically well due to its sheer, slightly shiny finish and brighter undertones, despite the fact that at the end of the day, it's a deep, deep plum color (hence the name, Black Plum). Matches NARS's Angelika blush LIKE A DREAM!

For reference, I am NC15.

Took one lippie off for packaging (bulky) and price (high for a non-treatment sheer lipstick). However, will probably still repurchase because it is such a unique color and sets off my coloring so well.