Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies

3.4

AQUA / WATER, PARAFFIN, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX, CERA CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX, ACACIA SENEGAL / ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, GLYCERIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE, STEARETH-20, PHENOXYETHANOL, HYDROLYZED CORN STARCH, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM POLYMETHACRYLATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, HYDROGENATED JOJOBA OIL, HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, SIMETHICONE, RAYON, DISODIUM EDTA, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, SILICA,PANTHENOL

on 4/11/2015 9:12:00 AM

Does the job, and it's not pricey! Also doesn't budge throughout the day but still easy to take off with a make up remover. Dries out my lashes though!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have gone through so many mascaras from $2 to $50! The Falsies is where it is at. I love this mascara. Even though it is not "waterproof" I assure you this mascara does not budge. I have constant watery eyes but I never get the dreaded raccoon mask. You cannot beat this mascara at this price point. It holds a curl beautifully, it lasts all day, it thickens and lengthens eye lashes, and it doesn't run!

My only complaint is that it makes my lashes very stiff. However, for the price this is a 5 star product!

on 4/4/2015 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I fucking love this mascara. BUT, i can't apply it alone. I actually apply it with loreal telescopic (one coat with mayb next coat with loreal, for as many layers as I want).
With this combo, people constantly ask me if I'm wearing fake lashes. I've had to tug at them to prove I wasn't. My eye lashes are naturally blonde but pretty long and this duet makes them literally double in volume and length. I can't even wear sunglasses because I feel my oh so long lashes brushing them when I blink and it drives me crazy.

neither this mascara or the l'oreal flakes for me. and let me tell you, i apply about 4-6 coats, half and half of each. I also love Falsies because even after it's dried, I can apply more a couple hours later if I feel the need and it adheres perfectly to itself.

the combo costs less than 15$ which is less than many pricier brands and performs far better. Falsies alone are great but for the added length I need the telescopic otherwise I'd be applying coats for an hour.

on 4/2/2015 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is one of my top three favourite mascara's ever! I am in love with what this mascara can do to my eyelashes. I have tiny eyelashes and whenever I wear this I get compliments on my eye makeup which is incredible!

The brush itself is shaped almost like a scoop which is unique to mascaras that I've tried before
The price isn't too bad compared to the quality of the mascacra. All you really need is around two layers to give a massive dramatic look to your eyes. The falsies gives me incredible length and volume which I love. It doesn't dry too fast so if you're looking for extra volume and layering this product is great for that. Also, If you're looking for one that lasts all day and holds its length for long periods of time I would reccomend the waterproof falsies (only downside is it's a pain to remove). But for everyday situations such as school this mascara is perfect.

However, the only downside I would have to comment on is that the mascara flakes and the residue will occasionally get under my eyes throughout the day making me look like a raccoon which isn't fun but is something I can deal with.

Other than that, I love this mascara! I would reccomend this product to anyone looking for a dramatic mascara that impressivley lengthens eyelashes.

on 3/23/2015 7:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Pros:
+ Give volume
+ Natural
+ Cheap

Cons:
+ Flaky ( after 1 or 2 hours )
+ Hard to apply ( big wet brush )

on 3/22/2015 4:16:00 AM

The application matters. That makeup artist shows it all.
Crust of the video, can use the yellow colossal , one coat before this.
Can wait for 30 secs between coats, not coming back to layer after a 15 mins phone chat etc.
He puts on a false lash in the other eye. This is better.

on 3/16/2015 12:37:00 AM

Got this a while ago and i think it works great . It's probably one of the maybelline mascars that I succeeded with . Even without a eyelash curler , this mascara still managed to lengthen my short Asian lashes and also gave them some decent volume . I'm impressed . Although it's kind of dry and lumps a little if you layer too much , it's overall a great mascara .

on 3/13/2015 3:12:00 AM

I absolutely love the Maybelline Volum'Express The Falsies Mascara. The Wand is perfectly shaped making it really convinient to apply mascara. The Formula is of the perfect consistency. True to its name, it makes my lashes look like falsies. I would definately repurchase this product and recommend it to others. Two coats of this formula will make your eyes look goregeous

P.S : The ONLY let down is that it dries up a little to form lumps [which most mascaras do]
Xx

My natural lashes are pretty nice, but this mascara did absolutely nothing for them. It's a dry formula that created an unflattering, spiky look. I would maybe be willing to compromise the look of pretty, shiny lashes for great volume and length but this mascara had neither. It my lashes clumpy and barely any longer. The overall look of the product on makes me certain that I won't be repurchasing this any time soon.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This stuff has been my HG mascara for a couple of years. It really gives me that slutty fake lash look I'm going for, without fake lashes, which I can't wear because they irritate my eyeballs. I try other drugstore and high end mascara"s but always come back to this one.

I hope they never discontinue it!

Video Reviews & Tutorials