March 2, 2015 | 1985 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2015 8:54:00 AM More reviews by RossesMaeM

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love how it holds the curl of my eyelashes and i like that it is waterproof. The only downside i experience is that it transfer to my lower lashline after several hours. If it does not not transfer this would be my holy grail.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2015 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Yumi2

This does give a falsies effect on me, I quite like this. My fear with mascaras is smudging and ending up with panda eyes and this passed that test. Even after 6 hrs wear there was minimal smudging and it lengthened my eyelashes dramatically with no clumping. No spider legs or clumps issues either as the formula is quite wet, though because of that it also takes more time to apply and build up.

The down side is that it does weigh down my lashes even after a really good curl. Overall I really like this mascara and I'm usually rather picky with mascaras. Volume- check, length- check, smudge-less-check...perfect.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2015 9:11:00 PM More reviews by blancopanda920

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It didn't work on me, it was either too wet or dry for my lashes, clump like spider legs.ESP I am not the type that has spider lashes easily

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2015 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Bryony

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not a bad mascara. The formulation is a little wet. There are other mascaras I like better for the price, though.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2015 6:31:00 AM More reviews by mbori

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

For me this is an average mascara. It flakes a little.
I dislike the wand, this is my first curved wand, and it is just weird. It's hard to position it correctly, as where you hold the wand - the top of the tube - is very slim, and the wand only has 2 sides.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2015 10:11:00 PM More reviews by bluesunrise17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The Falsies (and Falsies Flared, they are really not different to me) is one of my all-time favorite drugstore mascaras or even mascaras in general. My eyelashes are medium-length, but blonde and thin, and the Falsies manages to help me out vastly in that department. It lengthens, separates, volumizes... I try so many different, new mascaras but always come back to this one. (Side note: I do wish Maybelline didn't test on animals; I'm trying to find a dupe for Falsies that is from a brand that doesn't.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2015 12:05:00 AM More reviews by xpgr1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is one of my favorite mascaras and I've repurchased it before. Before I review anything, as a frame of reference, I have decently long, thick, black eyelashes and most mascaras do the trick for me so when one stands out it's special. This is one of the special few. The formula is very black, lengthening, separating, and offers decent volume. I do one-two coats, depending on how dramatic I want to go. One special thing about this mascara was that is did not flake or smudge. I wasn't kidding when I said my eyelashes were thick and long and even without mascara when I look up they hit my browbone, when I look down they hit my cheek, and when I blink they hit my glasses. With mascara, they not only hit those areas but the mascara tends to smudge and tips flake off and things get messy. This doesn't do that! Plus, it holds a curl. It's also not terribly hard to get off. I just use my makeup removing cleanser from Ole Henriksen and it takes a minute or so to get off. I love this mascara and recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2015 10:09:00 PM More reviews by peachypear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not a huge makeup fan so all I usually wear is mascara and this is just enough. People have commented on how long my lashes look &asked what mascara i'd used. It can get clumpy pretty easily so only do one coat with this one. but seriously, lashes have never looked longer

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2015 6:06:00 AM More reviews by fruitjuice109

This mascara doesn't work well for me. I find the formula a little too thick for my liking, and it tends to weigh my lashes down and clump them together. I have pretty average-lengthed lashes, and the lashes in the middle of my eye tend to be straighter than the ones in the outer corners, so I like something that holds a curl. This mascara doesn't hold my curl at all, it starts drooping after about 10 minutes and the thick formula clumps my lashes together which I don't like. I prefer separation over dramatic volume, so this mascara is not for me.
One good thing about this mascara is that it doesn't smudge and it's pretty long-lasting even being a non waterproof

Might work for someone wanting dramatic, clumpy and voluminous lashes

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2015 2:27:00 PM More reviews by melissanthi

I don't like this.It makes my lashes clumpy and crispy.Will not repurchase.