Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies

3.4

AQUA / WATER, PARAFFIN, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX, CERA CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX, ACACIA SENEGAL / ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, GLYCERIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE, STEARETH-20, PHENOXYETHANOL, HYDROLYZED CORN STARCH, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM POLYMETHACRYLATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, HYDROGENATED JOJOBA OIL, HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, SIMETHICONE, RAYON, DISODIUM EDTA, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, SILICA,PANTHENOL

on 8/1/2015 6:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I liked this before but this time around it just doesn't work. The brush is awkward and there is no coverage even when I put on 3 coats. It's a struggle to get it to stick to the lower lashes at all and it gave almost no length to the upper lashes so to me it's a failure. I think the other Falsies are better - Flared and Black Drama. I got this on sale so I'm only out $4 but it's so disappointing to get a useless product. My lashes didn't change - the formula did.

on 7/19/2015 6:36:00 AM

Didn't like this mascara. I didn't like the formula at all and it didn't had the effect like other mascara's would. Not buying this again.

on 7/18/2015 1:26:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

This goes on nice but dries out rapidly. I also noticed a good amount of lash loss. Not recommended

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Currently This is my favorite mascara. The only reason I said it was 3 stars instead of 4 if because it dries out kinda quickly. I didn't say it was 5 stars because I'm pretty sure that there are way better mascaras out there, like the Younique Moodstruck 3D fiber lashes mascara, which i'm getting soon.

on 7/2/2015 9:41:00 PM

I picked up this mascara because it was on sale for about $5. It is a decent mascara. My eyelashes are naturally really long and full so I just wanted a little for oomph and this mascara delivered it. However, it lengthened my eyelashes more than it volumized them, and I like to add a little more volume than length so I took off a lippie. The brush is a traditional brush that has a spoon shape that makes it easy to cup your eyelashes. It is very pigmented, but sometimes flakes slightly during the day but nothing major. I'm not a fan of the purple packaging, but it's the product that matters. Overall this is a pretty decent mascara.

on 6/26/2015 1:18:00 PM

Major clumps! I have short Asian eyelashes and this mascara gave me spider lashes. My daughter, who has long and naturally curly lashes, does like it though. She only uses one coat.

on 6/15/2015 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Waterproof version: It clumps, and the wand isn't the best for me - too unsteady. Okay volume, not something to be rave about… and definitely not like falsies effect. The colossal is much better

on 6/4/2015 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this mascara. I used Loreal Lash Out for years and I loved it and never found a mascara to replace it that would properly build my lashes. They are short and blonde. I buy the regular mascara not the waterproof version.

This mascara lengthens and is buildable. Lasts all day. Does not flake into my eyes which is key because I wear contacts. The brush is odd but you will get used to it. Overall, it is really good and I will continue to use it.

on 5/6/2015 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This the most average mascara ever. It's not bad but it doesn't do anything phenomenal either.

Pros:
-Adds volume
-Lengthens somewhat
-Holds a curl pretty well.
-Nice, curved brush
-Not pricey

Cons:
-Dries out pretty fast

That's all I have to say about this one.

on 4/11/2015 9:12:00 AM

Does the job, and it's not pricey! Also doesn't budge throughout the day but still easy to take off with a make up remover. Dries out my lashes though!

Video Reviews & Tutorials