April 19, 2014 | 1646 users online

Conditioner - Ion - Effective Care Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by templesgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG! I have been using for over a year now as my conditioner when my hair was fired to hell lol now that's is recovered I use this every other wash as my normal conditioner . Use from the mid shaft down as it is heavy . It is an amazing product . The ingredients are good and comparable to much more expensive salon products . I am a stylist and use this on my clients and they always end up buying it ! I remained for anybody who colors hair or uses hot tools . It has proteins in it to rebuild hair, and it smells amazing !

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by user24678

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this treatment as an after-colour treatment every 4 weeks after re-touching my roots, but I can't use it everyday as a daily treatment condtioner. It must be too much protein for me because although my hair feels better the first couple days, it's downhill after that and my hair soon feels coarse and wirey (whereas it's normally *too* soft and silky). I guess I just need to find a product with the right protein and moisture balance for my hair. But still, as a treatment for after colouring, I will continue to use and re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

This is a very good and cheap option for those in need of a good at home hair treatment. It leaves my curls bouncy and feeling rejuvenated. I have also had success adding my favorite oils to this but it works just as well on its own. I own a bottle of this but Sally's has packets for less than three dollars so I would start there before getting a big bottle. I allow it to sit in my hair for ten minutes while in the shower. I like that it isn't just full of cones though I don't have a problem with them in general.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by magnifiquee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the very few conditioners I allow to touch my hair. I am really crazy about keeping my hair healthy and strong because I have damaged it a lot through the years and now it has just started to heal and look better. This conditioner is amazing, it's not too expensive, I buy it from Sally's with my pro card and it's about $10 a bottle. It smells like frosting which is delicious!! You can use it just as a normal conditioner after shampooing or you can use it as a treatment for your hair, which is what I do every other week (I deep condition my hair every week but I rotate my products). I wash my hair with it's matching shampoo and after I rinse it out I work the conditioner through my hair and focus especially on my ends. I then put it into a shower cap and let it sit for an hour or maybe more than that if I have time. After I rinse it out I automatically notice a difference in my hair, it feels stronger and bouncier than before. It has really helped my hair regain its strength after years of damage and harsh chemicals and tools. The other great thing about this conditioner is that it is sulfate free and 100% vegan, amazing. I would recommend this to anyone as it doesn't weigh down my hair and I'm sure it wouldn't weigh down someone with thinner hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by PaulaBenoit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first used this after bleaching my hair twice. My hair before I used this was dry and felt like straw. I bought the $0.99 packet from Sally's and applied it to my hair. My hair is shoulder length and I used the entire packet. I left it on for about 30 minutes with a shower cap over it. When I rinsed it out my hair was super soft again and has a nice bounce to it.

I went back to Sally's and bought the 20 oz bottle. I now use it as my regular conditioner. I mix my Clairol Shimmerlights conditioner with it when I need a toning conditioner. The Shimmerlights on its own is not hydrating enough but mixed with the Ion Effective Care it is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by BeachBunnieXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I am in love with this conditioner. I put my hair through the RINGER! I have spirally curly, medium brown hair, and it's currently straight and platinum blonde. Between the bleaching, the blow drying, the ironing and the good ol California sun, my hair gets enough damage to go around. I hate short hair (on my fat head) so I am always looking for a GOOD conditioner to keep my hair looking healthy and so I don't have to chop it off.

I initially bought the little 2$ packet for after a bleaching. It felt like one of those conditioners that comes with your hair dye that works AWESOME. Only I really truly like this better. I went back to Sally's and bought a big version. I've used it about 3 times now, and I've left it in for different increments - once for just a minute and it STILL felt silky and gorgeous after.

I think the keys are that it's SULFATE FREE and VEGAN. You usually have to pay way more for that!

Next time I wash I'm going to leave it in for 30 minutes with a shower cap on and see what it does.

I totally recommend this to anyone who damages their hair. It doesn't weigh your hair down at all, but it's probably not for those with fine,oily hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 11:07:00 AM More reviews by SsjAnimeGW

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I borrowed this from one of my roommates because, after using Tresemme for blonde hair s&c, my hair was a complete mess. This brought my hair back to being shiny, bouncy, and smooth with little to no frizziness. Amazing product that I will definitely go out and buy for myself! This might even replace my favorite deep-conditioner: Neutrogena TripleMoisture Masque.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2010 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Emilek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love it!
I use this treatment once per week and it leaves my hair soft and smooth. After this weekly rituals my hair looks healthy, moisturized and full of live. I have long black hair and this product gives a really great shine.
I would not recommend it for every day use, just a weekly treatments.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by aladie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I ruined my hair after using a clairol born blonde toner. The toner left my hair so dry and dull and frizzy- it didn't even feel like my hair! I am happy to report that this returned my hair back to it's original shiny smooth condition. I left it on towel dried hair for about half an hour under a shower cap, shot it with medium heat blow drier for 10 minutes and rinsed. Perfection!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2010 9:33:00 AM More reviews by suzyqz1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After the occasional shaming from the woman that does my hair about the seriousl lack of moisuture in my hair, I decided to take this conditioning business a little more seriously. My main complaint about conditioners is that they are always so heavy and daily use really weighed my hair down. Result: hair felt fabulous but wouldn't do a darn thing. I picked this up at Sally's on a whim and decided to give it a whirl. First off, a little goes a very long way. I have almost shoulder length bone straight dyed hair. I kept this on my hair about 10 minutes and I have to say it is wonderful!! I will probably use this 1x a week since it is a serious conditioner. I wish I could put in better words how great this stuff makes my hair feel and it still had body in it. Maybe I've always used lousy conditioners but I've never had one that did that for me before. I won't use it every day but I think once a week for a deep conditioning treatment is all I will need. Great Stuff!!