August 30, 2014 | 1919 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Intricate

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Crowstoes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

aaaaah, more negative reviews of a product i love. what a surprise....lol......this lipstick shows up quite nicely on me. but i dont expect it to be the same color that it is in the tube either. if i had one single complaint is that it tends to need to be re-applied a good bit during the course of a day. i also wouldn't call it an "icy taupe" either. this lipstick is more of a frosty pale lavender with a blue frost. very similar in tone to macs' hellraiser glitter lipstick of three or so collections ago.......but without the glitter.
i love the color with my skintone, and would definately buy it again - but of course - its' LE and long gone. i was lucky enough to find one at my local cco., and promptly went back and purchased a second one :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by nast1a

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The color looked gorgeous, a pleasing sparkly lavender. However, it's not too lavender. It made my lips look like I'm freezing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2010 12:19:00 AM More reviews by xxchinadoll

I bought this colour because I thought it looked pretty and when I swatched it, it gave a nice colour against my skin BUT when I put it on, I did not notice any colour. I have very pigmented lips and all this does for me is give a little shine. I wish I kept the receipt so I could return it but unfortunately, I don't.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 9:56:00 PM More reviews by layzeex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this in a swap (thankfully). The description sounds promising, but like mentioned below, this is just WAY too sheer. It just doesn't show up even with layers and layers of applications. I suppose the only thing this lippie can do is help give shine to your lips, but so do other lip glosses that are at a fraction of the price. Save your money and go for some gloss - or try some other lippies from MAC. For the most part, they're nice. If this is your first MAC lipstick purchase - don't be discouraged! I assure you all of the other ones are *not* like this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this one as my back to MAC item, and all I can say is AWFUL!! It's very sheer; does not show up on my lips at all no matter how much I try to layer it. If I had purchased this, it would be going back to the store.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by CallistoLuna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This lipstick is limited edition from the Love Lace collection. The lipstick formula is supposed to be a frost but I think it applies more like a glaze - there is hardly any colour payoff with this lipstick and most frost lipsticks have a bit more pigmentation than this. The colour is described on the website as a frosted cool icy taupe- it has fine multicolour iridescence in a very sheer mauvey-taupe base.
This colour did not show up on my lips at all - and I don't have very strongly coloured lips - which is dissappointing because I think it would be a nice colour otherwise.
For the performance, I would stick to a lipgloss because I think you'd get more wear from it than this lipstick.
Nice colour, nice sparkle - too sheer! Should be a gloss colour (try Utterly Discrete - the lip gloss that goes with this lipstick- from the same colloection).