October 22, 2014 | 971 users online

Lipstick - Avon - Sparkling Rich Ruby

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a metallic red and this lipstick is not it. This color is a metallic rosy-bronze, bordering on copper, which is surprising considering the name, "Sparkling Rich Ruby." Despite that most bronze/copper colors look detestable on me, this one is actually ok as long as I wear the right lip pencil (for me that's Chanel's Nude/WnW Brandywine). This is the second Avon lipstick I have purchased with a name that is completely incompatible with the color of the lipstick. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by LOREBUNDE

Purchased this for my mother (stocking stuffer) but ended up opening and using. Very pretty color! The name sounds like its really red but it isn't on me at all. More of a pinky/red light going on with a touch of shimmer. Glad I tried it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by rainshine

This is one of my favorite Avon lippies, along with Sheer Raspberry Ice. It's not really ruby-red--it's a deep warm rose with a bit of brown, which makes it very wearable. The fine pinkish glitter in it makes it lighter on my lips, a deep pink-brown. Very versatile for everyday. Smooth and creamy on the lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by BlueSkiesAbove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow what a nice color - it goes on slick, and sheer with lots of shine. This color is very sexy, sensual.. I got this color as a sample and I am definately considering purchasing my very own tube of it. It feels very moisturizing too, and leaves my lips feeling nice and soft.

This has some glitter in it but the glitter is very, very fine which means that it does not bunch up on my lips, and does not feel gritty...

Avon did good with this color and I would be glad to purchase it..This is the kind of lipstick that I would wear often enough to want to purchase a tube of it for myself. Guess I could get it for a discount at ebay..

I was never one to wear avon, thinking that it was the kind of makeup that my mother would wear, so I was pleasantly surprised with this color, it looks very nice..Thanks, Avon!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm about to finish my 2nd tube of this - it is not at all "ruby" colored, in my opinion, but it looks gorgeous either on its own or over other colors. I like the light texture and feel of it, love the amount of "sparkle" it has; it just makes me feel good when I wear it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2010 2:53:00 AM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I find Avon's Ultra Rich lipsticks to be generally good quality, decently priced and offering acceptable ranges of color and finishes. This review is for the shade Sparkling Rich Ruby, a somewhat glittery but slick lipstick. I'm pleased with the formula. It's not fully opaque, it's not like a gloss. It's a medium coverage moisturizing lipstick. The color is a deep rose red with big sparkles. It's not inappropriate in a work setting because it's sheer like gloss but not thick at all. It applies and feels like a balm. I can apply this without a mirror. Highly recommend, cost is not prohibitive at under $5.00 for a good sale.