November 22, 2014 | 990 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - Luxurious Color Eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 5:22:00 AM More reviews by copperfire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have 4 eyeshadows from this line. Nude slip, Polished Bronze, Shimmering Sienna and Platinum Glimmer. And I am in love with them all! I wear Nude Slip or Polished Bronze to work everyday. It creases without a primer, however, thats because I have extremely oily lids. With a primer they stay put the whole day. Shimmering Sienna looks great in the crease and the outer corner with Nude Slip. Very nicely blendeable. All in all, I am totally in love with these and am planning to buy the one shade that I do not have "Peacock Lustre".

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Wendy1954

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Picked this up at a discount store for 99 cents in Polished Bronze. I thought if it didn't work out, I'm not out much money. What a pleasant surprise. It is a little shimmery but coupled with the bronze/coppery shade on my hazel eyes, BAM. The big plus is that it's a strong color, stays put all day and nite w/o primer. So many shadows just fade whether I use primer or not. I will find other colors to try that's for sure. I hope it's still around. It's worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by EmoIsLove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this eyeshadow. It is very pigmented for a drugstore brand. It lasts all day, works as an eyeshadow or a powder liner. It has a little bit of sparkle, but it isn't like *boom!* blinding sparkles! it's more of a light shimmer. Like,"oh, hey, there's sparkle there." It adds a nice accent without being overwhelming.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by pinkyhotpants

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased a bunch of these at a Revlon sale recently. I can't belive the amazing colour payoff on these suckers. They are just as pigmented as the MAC eyeshadows. I wear it with a primer (extremly greasy eyelids) and it lasts all day! Right now my favourite shade is 030 platinum glimmer. Give this shade a go and you may just fall in love with it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 10:26:00 AM More reviews by coffee0890

Love these eyeshadows. Go on great! Really pigmented for a drug store brand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by MissNRI

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was so happy to discover these shadows a while back and have nearly collected them all by now. I have:
(Matte) Rich Sable: A smooth, velvety deep brown, perfect for a natural look for my Indian skin tone.
(Matte) Aubergine: A deep plum that is beautiful for dark eyes.
(Matte) Riviera Blue: A navy blue shade, also wonderful for dark brown eye colors.
(Satin) Polished Bronze: A coppery color with a little shimmer, which I prefer (less cakey than matte and more sophisticated than sparkle,) and a great highlighter shade for inner corner and/or brow bone.
(Satin) Shimmering Sienna: Another gorgeous brown. (Although, really, I have enough brown eyeshadows already.)
(Satin) Platinum Glimmer: A steel gray shadow perfect for smoky eyes, with a slight shimmer. Probably one of my favorites.
(Satin) Peacock Lustre: A teal-blue-green hybrid, absolutely stunning. Perfect to be worn on its own as a statement color.
(Perle) Black Galaxy: A black shade with some sparkle, great as a powder eyeliner or for smoky eyes. Somehow the sparkle is more toned down with this shade.
(Perle) Glistening Snow: Probably a very lovely color, but a bad shade decision on my part, the sparkling white makes me look like some kind of snow queen (and not in a good way, in a Halloween costume way.) In general I prefer the matte and satin shades better than the Perle. Excepting Black Galaxy I would reserve the perles for evening and wear the mattes and satins to work.
Overall these shadows have beautiful shades and a nice smooth texture. Be careful not to drop the compacts though or the shadow will shatter (same with the Revlon Customeyes palettes.) Also use your own shadow brush as the included sponge tip breaks easily. But as for the actual shadow I very highly recommend.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by xjslx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This review is the for Sunlit Sparkle shade, a perle formula. Quite disappointed. No pigmentation really, when applied on my eyes, there's a barely there yellow cast with scattered shimmers. Doesn't look too flattering on me (NC20). I also have a few of the other shades, and I have to say that I appreciate those more than this particular shade, enough that I decided to write this review.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2010 4:37:00 PM More reviews by WhateverPeopleSayIAm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The shadow I bought was the Matte one in Peach Sorbet.

I liked the color, it's a very natural skin tone with a bit of pink on it. The problem is that it is a bit chalky, and I can't work it easily when I put this on.

Its staying power is not very good but if you put an es primer it lasts for a long time.

In overall, it's a bit expensive for its quality even though it's not bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2010 2:42:00 PM More reviews by ksaelee

This will be a mixed review of the Perle finish eyeshadows LILAC SHIMMER and VIOLET STARLET. The 2 es came in a pack and I had a $1 off coupon for Target, so I spent under $3 for both. The pigmentation of both are very nice, but I would recommend a es primer for intensity. Thinking these are "Perle/Pearl" finishes, I thought there would be a shimmer/frost type finish, but i was totally wrong. LILAC SHIMMER IS A GLITTER BOMB! this es totally sucks even though the color payoff is great, the glitter falls all over the place and i had to literally scratch them off my cheeks with my nails b/c makeup remover and brushes could not, and I still have glitter stuck on my face!!! You can't see the glitter from the outside of the package, but once you start swiping, you see huge glitter. VIOLET STARLET is totally different, I actually like this one. It has that shimmer finish, but i don't think it's an actual "pearl" finish...it looks matte w/ shimmer/very fine glitter in it...lilac shimmer is a light purple while violet starlet is a dark purple. I am wearing the 2 colors today to see how long they last, but i have a feeling i might have to take it off b/c of all the glitter fallout and my eyes getting irritated! ugh...so i give a 3 b/c it's great colors, but bad glitter...and i only spent $2 and some cents on both. I think if lilac shimmer did not have the the glitter, it would be a great es, and if violet starlet was more of a pearl finish, it would be great, I don't understand how both are named with the same finish but have totally different textures and finishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2010 4:47:00 AM More reviews by heybombshell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Product at a Glance:
Rafi's Rating: 4/5 for the Satin, 3/5 for the Matte
Pros: Gorgeous satin finish, Longlasting, Very Smooth
Cons: Little variety of colors, Overpriced, Mattes are a little chalky

A while back I found one of these singles on sale at CVS and fell in love. So obviously I can't speak for all the eyeshadows in this line, since I only own three: two matte ones in Pink Innocence and Peach Sorbet and a satin in Nude Slip.

These singles basically come in three finishes: matte, perle, and satin.The colors for perle were a little crazy for me and their sparkles didn't look too appealing. The satins on the other hand just look like such pretty colors I wanted to buy them all up.

The matte ones are amazingly soft. Can you use that word to decribe eyeshadows...? I just love the texture of it. The pigmentation is all right, nothing remarkable. Actually it's kind of chalky so the color kind of smudges instantaneously. I'm not incredibly impressed with the color payoff, but if you can find this on sale, I think it's worth having in a collection :]

My favorite is Nude Slip (a satin). I've used it everyday for like the past month haha. It's sooo pigmented and blendeable, and leaves that gorgeous metallic sheen. I don't need any eyshadow base and the staying duration is decent...with absolutely no creasing!

The one from the satin line is the closest to department store quality that I've gotten with drugstore eyeshadows. Overall, they're great eyeshadows especially for the drugstore (I would say by FAR better than the Covergirl ones) but I would say that they're a little overpriced at retail, so if you ever catch them on sale (like the 75% off sale CVS is having right now)...snatch them up immediately!

-Reviews by Rafi